Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Dec 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Jo
Imagineer

Mobile Managing the parks with no bag?

Hi,

We are staying onsite next year and will be able to use magic band to charge to our room and we will have the QSDP.

I would like to try to manage the park with no bag - how do people manage it? My main issue is carrying my phone - any recommendations on phone holders?
August 2018 - Villa at Oak Island Community
December 2021 - Art of Animation Cars Suite
Disney Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
AhoyShipmates
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I have a phone carrier that attaches to my upper arm with a Velcro strap when I go running. Got it on Amazon. It’s waterproof to an extent (I’ve been out in the rain with it).
AhoyShipmates is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

you have several options

first of all, cargo shorts. As a man that's what I do, and my phone fits neatly in the pockets along the legs

you could also carry your phone around your neck. There are those Seawag (that's the brand) waterproof pouches you can hang around your neck. You can keep your phone at the pool for example, and that also works to carry it around, tucked inside the T-Shirt for example

we try do do the parks bagless, but that's because we don't stay for long each time (3hrs is our max)
for hydration, no need to carry a bottle around, QS places have free ice water, unlimited.

for all the rest, as long as it fits in your pockets (try to have some that can be closed securely) you don't have a bag

note that, security at Disney's may have you go through metal detectors, and you'll need to empty your pockets

if you do universal it's mandatory metal detector passage, and you will need to leave all your stuff in lockers at some rides, so going without a bag is equally as annoying as going with a bag.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I never take a bag to the parks.
I buy shorts with quite deep pockets and if I can I get them with a zip or a button to keep my phone and any other small items secure.
Old 11 Dec 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We don’t take a bag to the parks. Sun tan lotion (once a day stuff) is applied before we head out and I use pockets to carry lip balm and tissues. OH has cargo shorts and carries his wallet and phone. We drink from the water fountains to keep hydrated. We both wear baseball caps and these are attached to our shorts when on rides. Sunglasses are either worn or put in pockets when on rides. Universal is slightly different as lockers are required for some rides and I used my sunglasses case (wristlet style) to carry everything which was then put in the locker which made the process slightly quicker.
Old 11 Dec 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
starwarsclark
Excited about Disney

I wear cargo shorts and put everything in my pockets, including a small bottle of sun cream that we refill as required before we leave the hotel for the parks. Also I put one of these in my pocket and use that to carry everything, they are fantastic:

decathlon/ultra-co...d_8348928.html

I got the idea for one from this very website.
starwarsclark is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We don’t take a bag now either DH cargo shorts for a deep zipped pocket is all we find we need now
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Phone and car keys that’s all we need, Apple Pay gets everything else!
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I am so disappointed. Not one person has mentioned the trusty bum bag.
Sits nicely around your waist, no straps to dig into your shoulders and makes you a fashion icon.

Come on you know you want to.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs_dlw
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
I am so disappointed. Not one person has mentioned the trusty bum bag.
Sits nicely around your waist, no straps to dig into your shoulders and makes you a fashion icon.

Come on you know you want to.
I was about to mention the fabulous ‘fanny pack’ option! 😂 I took one last year and loved it, could squash loads in it - suncream, squeezy Robinson’s for the water, couple of ponchos, purse, phone (and quite often the daughters phone!) In Disney I could keep it on all the rides and it never got in the way. Had to take it off for lockers in Universal but quick and easy to whip on and off! x
Animal Kingdom Lodge / RPR - October 2015
mrs_dlw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List