Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 May 18, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Koh Samui

Has anyone been here. I'm planning my first time visit to Bangkok and then Koh Samui next August. Looking for any hotel or area recommendations. Having done some research it seems Chewang is a popular place to visit.

Any thoughts on the place would be appreciated.
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi bumping this for you. I’ve been but it was a long time ago. We stayed first at chewang and it is beautiful but I suspect very busy. We stayed in a beach hut but walked through some of the hotels and they were beautiful. I then stayed at big Buddha beach which was nice yet quite. I think that will have changed.

I’m thinking g of going back so hoping someone comes by soon with more recent experience.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are planning on going next year too (July ) and we too are looking at a few days in Bangkok and then Koh Samui. At the moment weve got our eye on poppies resort for Koh Samui.
Im glad I've found this post as I'm so confused with it all at the moment and hope someone out there can help us out.
Old 31 May 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Many years ago we tried to book the Imperial Boat House Hotel on Cheong Mon beach but it was fully booked. Since then we have been to Koh Samui twice on cruise ships and been to the Imperial Boat House both times with a day pass. We had a tour of the hotel and the rooms looked lovely. The sandy beach is clean, quiet and shelves gently into the water. There are some bars and restaurants down the beach but nothing rowdy and no high rise buildings. I had a full Thai massage in the beach for £4.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
twinklebelle
Imagineer

I'll be stopping there on a cruise for a day in Oct. Don't really know a lot about the place either so would be interested to know what would be the best thing to do with a limited amount of time...after I've been to the hard rock café to pick up a pin! (that's where my research for trips always starts...do they have a hard rock there?)

DLP: 98,99,02,05,09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 and hopefully 21!
And going again - just don't know when!
twinklebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by twinklebelle View Post
I'll be stopping there on a cruise for a day in Oct. Don't really know a lot about the place either so would be interested to know what would be the best thing to do with a limited amount of time...after I've been to the hard rock café to pick up a pin! (that's where my research for trips always starts...do they have a hard rock there?)
As I posted above, we’ve had some great beach days from a cruise ship at the Imperial Boat House - but I have just found out they are closed for renovations March 2018 to April 2019.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
christybell
Imagineer

We are going for the first time in 30 days time! We originally booked Imperial Boathouse then we received an email advising they would be closing for re-furb. I have now booked PS Thana in the same resort- just along the beach, I have booked direct and communication has been great. They even sent pics of the rooms.

I am a bit apprehensive as its out my comfort zone, but hey..its a big world and I want to see it

For me personally Chewang seems too busy and lively. Hence the reason we chose Cheong Mon

July 2009 ASM/TI/Hmew'd Suites
August 2010 OKW/Dibb villa
July2011 OKW/RPR/Cocoa Beach/Dibb Villa
July 2012 RPR/Carnival Destiny/Dibb Villa
July 2013 OKW/Anna Maria Island/Dibb Villa
Nov 2013 Sunset Lakes- my 40th Birthday
April 2014 Cruise and Villa
April 2015 Clearwater/RPR/Dibb Villa
Dec 2015 Dibb Villa to see the Xmas lights
July 2016 RPR/Cruise/Dibb villa
christybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
twinklebelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
As I posted above, we’ve had some great beach days from a cruise ship at the Imperial Boat House - but I have just found out they are closed for renovations March 2018 to April 2019.
Awwhh that's a shame, that would have been a good plan for the day, it's our last shore day before the end of the cruise in Singapore so would like to do something nice to round the trip off.

Originally Posted by christybell View Post
We are going for the first time in 30 days time! We originally booked Imperial Boathouse then we received an email advising they would be closing for re-furb. I have now booked PS Thana in the same resort- just along the beach, I have booked direct and communication has been great. They even sent pics of the rooms.

I am a bit apprehensive as its out my comfort zone, but hey..its a big world and I want to see it

For me personally Chewang seems too busy and lively. Hence the reason we chose Cheong Mon
I get what you mean by going out of your comfort zone. I feel the same way with my trip, but there is a big world out there and I need to see more of it than just the same part of Florida again. Plus I'll get a quick Disney fix in Tokyo to keep me going.

DLP: 98,99,02,05,09,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17 and hopefully 21!
And going again - just don't know when!
twinklebelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by twinklebelle View Post
Awwhh that's a shame, that would have been a good plan for the day, it's our last shore day before the end of the cruise in Singapore so would like to do something nice to round the trip off.
We tendered into Koh Samui and joined up with two other couples to share a taxi to the Imperial Boat House. One couple didn’t want to pay the £10pp fee (which included towels, WiFi, loungers on the beach and by the pool, lunch and a drink) and went a short distance down the beach and used the loungers at a small beach bar, which were free if you bought a drink. We got the same taxi back to the ship (we didn’t pay until back at the pier). Getting a taxi to Cheong Mon beach would be fine.
Old 2 Jun 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Dcool
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi we've been to Koh Samui a few times, love it, actually we got married there as well.
Chaweng is busier with more hotels, restaurants etc, but we prefer the East Coast between Chaweng and Lamai .
It is easy to get around as the island is small
Dcool is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List