Notices

Old 5 May 20, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I'm in agreement with the others. Wow Kelly. I can't believe you've been able to change your booking to 23 nights and in the end likely come out cheaper than the original trip. I just hadn't thought it would be possible for a Christmas trip t be cheaper. You've been clever with the idea of the Disney part of the trip happening in January so there is the possibility of adding on the dining plan.

I reckon you should tell the kids as it's something to look forward to. But I was never one for the big reveals. Other people have always done it much better than I have. I'm dreadful at keeping secrets though as I'm so excited and want to share it with everyone.

Maybe I should look again at flight prices I'd love a Christmas trip but I'm not going to have the money for a little while as I've only just finished saving up for the summer as the balance is due in a couple of weeks.
To be fair it isn't the 19 nights at Disney that we wanted but at least this way we keep everyone happy. Chris gets his 9 days in a villa and we get 4 days at Disney Although I'm pretty sure an extra 5 days at Disney definitely wouldn't equate to £3250! Chris still wants to do 2022 with his parents so we will still be able to say we've done 2020 and 2021

Neither did I honestly but with everything going on the flights are relatively cheap. I would suggest what Buggles has said and book a flydrive ... you pay a deposit then the balance is due 6/7 weeks before I think we paid £300 in January. With the Disney part I checked the past couple of years and the free dining has been offered from 1st January

I think that's what we're going to end up doing, would have been amazing to keep it a secret but we need to prepare Noah at least. We're going to take some presents in the case with us but obviously they won't be getting what they normally would, so we're going to put dollars into envelopes for them to open along with a few presents on Christmas day.

You definitely should go look up the prices for Christmas I think you'll be pleasantly surprised! I can't wait to hear what you've done X

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Abby - it may be worth looking at BA as they offer deposit only if you book car too AND very flexible change policies at the moment so if you go this summer you could move Christmas to next Summer Just a thought...!
Yes! Definitely ... see Abby ... the magic people in your computer screen are very wise x

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
This has really shown which companies are best to book with and go the extra mile to help customers out!

That makes sense - it would take a lot of pressure off. You would understand that not being in place at the beginning of all this but now 6 weeks in you would have thought Virgin would have some online system in place that the majority could use to reduce pressure on the staff and keep customers happy.

That's amazing, such a fantastic price! Did you decide on whether to tell the kids or not? Such a hard decision as I guess after the disappointment of having this trip cancelled it would really lift their spirits and give them something to look forward too but then a surprise would be amazing too xx
It really has Candice, given how highly regarded Virgin generally is, we honestly expected so much more from them and going by reports online I don't think we're the only ones.

I think we're going to tell them, one of the main reasons is to try and get Caitlin to actually save as soon as we say Friday is fully cancelled she'll be wanting to spend all her savings ... money burns a hole in her pocket unlike the boys Noah keeps bragging he has over £135 saved haha.

Not sure if I can be bothered to make a whole new pre-trip report might just copy most things over ... xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Kelly - I am so happy for you that you finally have something solid booked. How exciting to be going for such a long stretch over Christmas and New Year. I'm sure the kids will be thrilled whenever you tell them. Great price too!

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We today should have been our travel day. In fact we should be in the air at the moment. We have postponed our holiday we moved our fly drive with virgin holiday to September 3rd 2021, giving plenty of time for the planet to get back to some sense of normalcy.
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 May 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We should have flown today too. We should have landed at 7pm and be at POR by now unpacking 😔 spent the day keeping busy with a garden party and wallpapering Thomas' room. Just come up to bed and had a little cry 😭😭 xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Sorry I haven't been around for all the updates to your holiday. I haven't been able to bring myself to think about our holiday at all.

I really liked the daily plans cards you had made for your trip. For me MK is pink, HS dark blue, Epcot red and AK green.

It looks like Noah had a fabulous birthday even though he had to spend it in lockdown. It's Hattie's birthday in a couple of weeks so it looks like it will be lockdown for her too.

I have my fingers crossed for you that you manage to get all your uni work done and still get that first. It's a shame that it took them so long to get back to you about what was happening.

It doesn't sound like virgin have been treating their customers well during this but it's good to hear that BA have been good as that's who we've booked our fly drive through for the summer

It sounds like your trip at Christmas is going to be fantastic. I think I would tell the children to give them something to look forward to after the disappointment of the cancelled trips.

Sorry if there are any bits I've forgotten to comment on. I've just read all the bits I've missed over the last few weeks in one go and might have forgotten a few things.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Kelly - I am so happy for you that you finally have something solid booked. How exciting to be going for such a long stretch over Christmas and New Year. I'm sure the kids will be thrilled whenever you tell them. Great price too!
Thanks Lynda x

Originally Posted by Mazbar View Post
We today should have been our travel day. In fact we should be in the air at the moment. We have postponed our holiday we moved our fly drive with virgin holiday to September 3rd 2021, giving plenty of time for the planet to get back to some sense of normalcy.
I'm so sorry Mazbar, but it's great you have a new countdown, I have everything crossed for next September for you, hope you're all well x

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Sorry I haven't been around for all the updates to your holiday. I haven't been able to bring myself to think about our holiday at all.

I really liked the daily plans cards you had made for your trip. For me MK is pink, HS dark blue, Epcot red and AK green.

It looks like Noah had a fabulous birthday even though he had to spend it in lockdown. It's Hattie's birthday in a couple of weeks so it looks like it will be lockdown for her too.

I have my fingers crossed for you that you manage to get all your uni work done and still get that first. It's a shame that it took them so long to get back to you about what was happening.

It doesn't sound like virgin have been treating their customers well during this but it's good to hear that BA have been good as that's who we've booked our fly drive through for the summer

It sounds like your trip at Christmas is going to be fantastic. I think I would tell the children to give them something to look forward to after the disappointment of the cancelled trips.

Sorry if there are any bits I've forgotten to comment on. I've just read all the bits I've missed over the last few weeks in one go and might have forgotten a few things.
No need to apologise Jo it's totally understandable. I've had these times myself

I forgot all about those cards ... will have to re-edit them all when I have some sort of plan together! There's no Disney hours from October available on here for some reason! I think our 180 days will be beginning of July so plenty of time. Gonna have to use this post to go back and check what we wanted to do etc.

He had a lovely day thank you, I hope Hattie does too.

Virgin were horrendous and I'm so disappointed to be honest but it's done with now and BA have been great. We've managed to book seats too, we're 3rd row from the front

I really hope it is! We're thinking possibly Discovery Cove for Christmas Day as we'll be up early anyway but we still haven't fully decided on it. Chris wants to wait till Black Friday to get a good deal like last time (Think it was around £175pp for dolphin swim and 3 parks with free parking)

How are you all keeping?

I've been struggling to sleep lately and just feel really down in myself. My manager told me to take a few days off work so I've put a holiday in for Friday, I'm off tomorrow anyway, then I've changed my days next week to work Tuesday, Thursday and Friday meaning I'm off from tomorrow till Tuesday, hopefully that helps.

How is everyone else doing, I'm hoping to sit down and start making a new pre-trippie and plan this weekend. X
Old 13 May 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Thanks Lynda x

I'm so sorry Mazbar, but it's great you have a new countdown, I have everything crossed for next September for you, hope you're all well x

No need to apologise Jo it's totally understandable. I've had these times myself

I forgot all about those cards ... will have to re-edit them all when I have some sort of plan together! There's no Disney hours from October available on here for some reason! I think our 180 days will be beginning of July so plenty of time. Gonna have to use this post to go back and check what we wanted to do etc.

He had a lovely day thank you, I hope Hattie does too.

Virgin were horrendous and I'm so disappointed to be honest but it's done with now and BA have been great. We've managed to book seats too, we're 3rd row from the front

I really hope it is! We're thinking possibly Discovery Cove for Christmas Day as we'll be up early anyway but we still haven't fully decided on it. Chris wants to wait till Black Friday to get a good deal like last time (Think it was around £175pp for dolphin swim and 3 parks with free parking)

How are you all keeping?

I've been struggling to sleep lately and just feel really down in myself. My manager told me to take a few days off work so I've put a holiday in for Friday, I'm off tomorrow anyway, then I've changed my days next week to work Tuesday, Thursday and Friday meaning I'm off from tomorrow till Tuesday, hopefully that helps.

How is everyone else doing, I'm hoping to sit down and start making a new pre-trippie and plan this weekend. X
We are all well thank you. My dad had corona like symptoms but thankfully he recovered quickly so I guess we'll never know if he had it or something else. The girls have been getting on quite well at home generally. Evie has needed help with her home learning and Hattie has needed a little help at times too but Robyn has managed her time really well. We had the normal niggly couple of days that we usually have at the beginning of the holidays while they get used to spending so much time together again but otherwise they have been getting on pretty well. Ollie has still been working - a mixture of at home and at work depending what jobs he needs to do each day. We are usually so busy that having all this time at home is very odd. We have managed to get some decorating done which is a positive.

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling a bit down. I think everybody is having good days and bad days at the moment so try to go easy on yourself. It is very difficult to balance work, children, housework, cooking etc plus there's the worry of everything going on at the moment.

I will look forward to reading all about your plans for Christmas.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

We should have been going next week. I have rung and moved it to next May in the hope they release free dining and secondary school don’t go ballistic about it!
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Elsa42
Apprentice Imagineer

Elsa42's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yay so glad you've rebooked! Cant believe how long your trip will be and you've managed to save that amount of money! It almost seems worth missing the original trip for what seems an even better one!

I think you should tell them! It's something to look forward to and for you all to plan together again!

I think you should keep this pre trippie and continue to write on here so we all know where you are still
Elsa42 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Hula Doola
Serious Dibber

Well today would have been travel day, feeling bit sad BUT we have two weeks of virtual Disney plans kicking off today instead and kids are v excited. Won't be the same of course but made Mickey Krispie treats yesterday to get us started. Weather here is predicted to be pretty warm and we don't have any queueing to contend with! Happy to post our virtual Disney itinerary if anyone is interested and always keen to hear other's ideas we can borrow!