Old 7 Jun 20, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
I can only imagine how busy you’ve been at school, we’ve not been in yet but I think it will all start next week as we’ve only got 3 weeks left before we break up. I’ve been thinking about you this week and kept looking to see if you’ve been in.

I think it’s quite easy to upgrade your universal passes you just pay the difference. Power passes have no blackout dates in July, DH has one of those. You pay the full cost though it’s not adjusted for how long you have left.

I’d agree with the recommendation for Kennedy, we did years ago 1999 maybe and took ds there a few years ago, we really enjoyed it.

Still keeping my fingers crossed you get the outcome that’s best for you.

Dh is refusing to discuss future trips but ds and I have pretty much decided if we can that we are up for Orlando trips next summer and October.
I don't mind being busy with work as it's good to feel productive and get stuff done. Thanks for the advice about upgrading the passes. I looked at the cost difference earlier and I reckon it's about $100 each and given we would get access to the parks for 16 days anyway I'm not sure it's worth it for the 5 days in July.

Your comment about getting the outcome that's best for us hits the nail on the head. If only I knew what I actually wanted

Some days I can't imagine not going, and then others I think it's the craziest thing in the world to even contemplate travelling out of town, let alone across the ocean

Some days I'm wishing for the flights to be cancelled so we can get some of our money back and I can ask David's for a credit note for the DVC bookings.

Other days I think it would be best to just suck it up, accept the loss and chalk it up to experience so that the speculation is over.

The complete lack of any communication or information from Disney is really dispiriting. We're now 7 weeks away from checking into a resort that we have no opening date for.

Until I hear something concrete about it all I don't want to make any changes or bother to come up with any alternatives. The best plan for us is of course to do nothing now as there is still the possibility we could go and the money isn't wasted or it gets cancelled and we get some money back.

But the more I think about the practicalities of being in a park with the heat the less I want to be wearing a mask all day. I think that will quickly become intolerable very quickly. And of course masks are required everywhere around the hotels as well, it's not as if we would get a respite from wearing them in the resort.

So, I feel like we're stuck between a rock and a hard place. And I've no idea what the best outcome for us even looks like at the moment

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Lovely to see you back on here Abby. Sounds like a busy time for you... I'm an LSA in Year 9 so still furloughed and not going back. DS and till September... DD also not going back so a strange loooong summer for us! So glad you are still planning to go and definitely recommend KSC. We loved it there a few years ago and keep talking about going back. We were also lucky enough to watch a launch from Titusville one year! There really are some lovely places to visit. Have you been to Busch Gardens? I'm not great at the big rides but the rest of the family love it!

I'm still trying to stay positive about a sneaky November trip with Mum - we managed to book the Dolphin through our TA using the summer deposit so just need the races to go ahead... Now waiting for Disney to announce the reservation system so we can book then and Christmas! Am very worried about the Christmas dates as assuming they will be very busy!

Hope you are enjoying a relaxing weekend. Take care
We've actually never been to Busch Gardens either we had tickets a few years ago which were included with our Seaworld, DC tickets but we never bothered to go. The huge rides at Seaworld are a bit much for me. We did them all once, but Mako, Kraken and Manta were all once and done for me. Phew they were scary. I couldn't open my eyes at all. And I gather that Busch has lots of big boy coasters. At the moment you can tell I'm loathe to even consider spending more money and we don't actually have Seaworld tickets. So, I think a trip to Busch is less likely than KSC, that's one that I keep thinking we really should do but as we've not hired a car before it's not really been one that I seriously looked into. I'm more and more thinking that staying in a WDW resort for the whole trip won't be for us this summer. The reduced hours, the not being guaranteed access to a park, even no dining plan all of the those I think I could come to terms with, but the mask thing all day every day is not appealing. So, although I've done nothing in terms of actual prep or research I'm leaning towards a villa as that would give a pool, hot tub, games room and the opportunity to go to Disney if they let us keep the tickets part of the booking or to universal and other places.

I hope by the time Christmas comes around we have some information on the park booking system surely by then Disney will have got their act together and there will be a little more certainty. They really are dragging their heels a bit on this

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
You can definitely upgrade them Abby. I've been emailing guest services as we're going to upgrade the other passes to preferred for our December trip. With changing our dates we would be using them before 4th January and as they're season passes they won't work.

They've said just go to guest services upon arrival and they can upgrade for you 😁

I thought you'd be busy with work. Thomas is back next week and Noah is attending whilst I'm at work as Chris went back from furlough this week. He's back in the office from 15th.

When speaking to the SENCO I said to me it makes more sense to send the boys to grandmas whilst I'm at work but obviously we'll get into trouble. Surely it's better them just seeing one family than loads at school? Anyway sorry that's my gripe done 🤣 hope you're all keeping well xx
It's funny because Universal seem to be bending over backwards to help their guests and are making it as easy as possible for people while Disney seem to be doing their best to ensure people won't want to come. It really pains me. I'm glad it is just a simple visit to guest relations. It means you don't have to pay in advance and can just do it on the day. How easy is that? Honestly. I'm sad that Disney aren't doing better by people.

I'm really glad Chris is back to work and going back to the office will be handy to get him out from being under your feet I hope you've been able to get your college work done to the standard that you want. From what you've said before you're on track to get a first and that is a fantastic achievement.

I hope the boys get on well with the new arrangements at school and cope well with the changes.

Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
We've has a busy week too. All back to school tomorrow. I know it sounds strange but I'm really looking forward to seeing the kids again.

Things are looking more positive on the Florida front with flights etc. We're booked with AA and the flights are still there. I'm remaining positive for Disney. It won't be the experience we'd planned originally but we will make the best of it and have a great time, I'm sure.
Good luck with getting everyone up and out the house tomorrow morning. The morning rush is not something we've had to deal with for a while. Even though we've been working from home there's been no fights to get in the shower is worries about the kids missing the bus. The mornings have been a bit more relaxed than a normal school morning.

I'm glad you're feeling positive about Disney. You're right it's down to all of us to make the best of what we have and I'm sure if you stay upbeat and positive about it then you will have a great time. It will still be a special trip too, as you say different to the original plan, but absolutely still special .

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 05:58 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jun 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I do think Disney's stance on it all is rather peculiar. Like you say it's almost as thoygh they're trying to deter people from going at all.

Even so, I still think whatever you decide it will be amazing ans you'll have a great holiday, just not the one you planned ❤️

Ahh yes I have a bit of info about Uni I'll update when I have more time. I haven't switched my laptop in for almost 2 weeks now! X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsstitch
slightly serious Dibber

Hi Abbi, I’ve been following your thread for some months as it really has been a positive light during a time of uncertainty. Thank you. It’s also been comforting to know it’s not just me on the emotion pendulum of ‘will we/won’t we.’ I’m also a teacher but in Wales, so we go back on June 29, and work an extra week. On Our last Friday in work I should be flying to Orlando! Like you and many others our flights haven’t been cancelled, so like you we are waiting... Our planned holiday is 2 weeks in Anna Maria Island, with a few days in Universal at the end. If your Disney part of the holiday is cancelled I’d highly recommend some time on the gulf coast. My fingers are tightly crossed that everyone’s holidays that are booked can take place, and if they can’t could they hurry up and let us know?
Hope school goes well, keep positive! It really is helping!
mrsstitch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
I do think Disney's stance on it all is rather peculiar. Like you say it's almost as thoygh they're trying to deter people from going at all.

Even so, I still think whatever you decide it will be amazing ans you'll have a great holiday, just not the one you planned ❤️

Ahh yes I have a bit of info about Uni I'll update when I have more time. I haven't switched my laptop in for almost 2 weeks now! X
Another day and still no update from Disney. But then I'm supposed to be not thinking about it at all and focusing on other things, that's not as easy as it might sound

I've seen your update about uni, well done, I'm glad things worked out so well for you x

Originally Posted by mrsstitch View Post
Hi Abbi, I’ve been following your thread for some months as it really has been a positive light during a time of uncertainty. Thank you. It’s also been comforting to know it’s not just me on the emotion pendulum of ‘will we/won’t we.’ I’m also a teacher but in Wales, so we go back on June 29, and work an extra week. On Our last Friday in work I should be flying to Orlando! Like you and many others our flights haven’t been cancelled, so like you we are waiting... Our planned holiday is 2 weeks in Anna Maria Island, with a few days in Universal at the end. If your Disney part of the holiday is cancelled I’d highly recommend some time on the gulf coast. My fingers are tightly crossed that everyone’s holidays that are booked can take place, and if they can’t could they hurry up and let us know?
Hope school goes well, keep positive! It really is helping!
I'm glad you've enjoyed reading my updates. I've got a few more food photos for everyone which I should post of some of the meals from back in half term. I tried making pulled pork for the first time and it literally went on for 3 days worth of meals but I haven't got around to sharing all those meals yet.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who at times is certain they still want to go and at other times thinks it's utter madness. At the moment no one is going anywhere, but there are even times when I'm a bit fearful that borders will actually open up and yet I won't want to be on the flight I know I've said I'd go if the flights go, but it doesn't look good out in Florida at the moment there's still a few more weeks though, perhaps things will start improving out there as they seem to be getting better here.

Can you tell I'm undecided?

It sounds like you have a lovely trip planned and the gulf coast does look lovely, I think that would be a better option than 22 days all in theme parks. Is there any room in your villa?

Thank you for joining in and posting a reply. I know that sometimes these threads feel very cliquey, like being back at school but it's lovely to hear from new people and I'm thankful for your comment that my posts have meant something to you

I ended up whining to OB1 at the end of last week that I just didn't know what to say to everyone as I was feeling pretty miserable poor OB1 does seem to get a lot of me moaning or sending random cocktail photos. Anyway, she said something very similar to your message but I was too caught up in my misery to really listen to her

That's a very long winded way of saying thank you and feel free to join in some more, as I always like hearing nice things about myself

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Oh Abby - Really can't imagine the emotions you are feeling right now with all the uncertainties. Completely understand why you don't want to spend more money - I am still waiting for refunds from DLP, BA and CP for other trips I have had to cancel this year... All big known companies but I seem to be forever chasing them and being told to wait and see! Anyway, enough moaning from me... this is about you You have enough to think about and I really hope some questions are answered soon. Can't believe how little Disney are communicating. At least if you knew what to expect you could start to plan... I think offsite may be more relaxing in some ways for the next few months as have read that basically staying on site will involve all the restrictions (masks) and none of the perks to start with... I really hoped that onsite would give some sort of priority park access... Hopefully as more information comes to light it will be easier to see the positives of onsite stays again but at the moment own pool, hot tub and games room is very tempting! When I think about how excited we all should be right now it's hard not to feel depressed. I so hope that somehow you can have a relaxing break in the Florida sun this year... Take care and allow yourself to feel miserable and whine - trust me - we all understand
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

Im another who has been following along in the background, with everything crossed that you get to go. My flights have been cancelled so I'm vicariously living through others just now and your planning skills are immense!

Please post your food pics when you get chance as I'm desperately need some inspiration. All of us are fed up of our usual favourites, and if there is a disney link, so much the better.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Always here for any moans and most definitely cocktails! I wish I was drinking one of these in the Rainbow Forest Cafe...it could be Tuesday’s Tipple but I’m trying not to drink now unless it’s the weekend😊
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Oh Abby - Really can't imagine the emotions you are feeling right now with all the uncertainties. Completely understand why you don't want to spend more money - I am still waiting for refunds from DLP, BA and CP for other trips I have had to cancel this year... All big known companies but I seem to be forever chasing them and being told to wait and see! Anyway, enough moaning from me... this is about you You have enough to think about and I really hope some questions are answered soon. Can't believe how little Disney are communicating. At least if you knew what to expect you could start to plan... I think offsite may be more relaxing in some ways for the next few months as have read that basically staying on site will involve all the restrictions (masks) and none of the perks to start with... I really hoped that onsite would give some sort of priority park access... Hopefully as more information comes to light it will be easier to see the positives of onsite stays again but at the moment own pool, hot tub and games room is very tempting! When I think about how excited we all should be right now it's hard not to feel depressed. I so hope that somehow you can have a relaxing break in the Florida sun this year... Take care and allow yourself to feel miserable and whine - trust me - we all understand
I'm sorry to find out you're still waiting for refunds. I daren't spend anymore even just for deposits. It's sad about missing out on the countdown excitement levels rising. This week should be great as it would have been the last few exams for Max and so he would have been celebrating, we'd have been saying goodbye to our year 11s and I would have been thinking that our trip was just around the corner. Aaahh it's not the way it's meant to be, that's for sure.

Originally Posted by Waltdisnae View Post
Im another who has been following along in the background, with everything crossed that you get to go. My flights have been cancelled so I'm vicariously living through others just now and your planning skills are immense!

Please post your food pics when you get chance as I'm desperately need some inspiration. All of us are fed up of our usual favourites, and if there is a disney link, so much the better.
Hi there how lovely to know I've people silently wishing me well and hoping for the best, like my own cheerleader squad. I'm sorry about your flights. Looking at your countdown it should be just a couple of weeks and you'd be on holiday, what a shame

I'll definitely share the photos. We had a few pulled pork meals, but also we had chilli cheese waffle fries, not exactly the most healthy of meals, but yummy. So yes, some of the meals were WDW inspired. Right at the end Dave said. Is this one that we have had at WDW? And fortunately Kate was all on my behalf as literally every meal we'd had that week was WDW inspired honestly men

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Always here for any moans and most definitely cocktails! I wish I was drinking one of these in the Rainbow Forest Cafe...it could be Tuesday’s Tipple but I’m trying not to drink now unless it’s the weekend😊
Great photo. Yes this lockdown has a lot to answer for, school night drinking eating all the snacks it would be really handy to get back to normal soon.

Old 10 Jun 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Waltdisnae
Getting Excited

Mobile

I can't believe we would have been going in a couple of weeks. it feels unreal. Ironically, we probably wouldn't have been able to go anyway due to health reasons, so I consider us fortunate to have it so clear cut and cancelled. I can't imagine how the uncertainty must feel of whether you will get to go/what it will be like. Hopefully there will be some positive news for you soon.

Chilli cheese waffles sounds lovely, am also enjoying the cocktail photos and thinking of buying a cocktail shaker to join in.
Waltdisnae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 20, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh yes, I’d love some chilli cheese waffle fries right now!
Sorry to hear everything is still up in the air for most people on this thread - Abby, when you listed all the things you should be doing now, it made me so sad for you...so crazy how this year has turned out. Hope everyone gets some clarification as soon as possible.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List