Old 13 Jun 20, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I just thought I’d let you Guys know because I’ve mentioned it previously. My mums been having chemo since March and she had a scan two weeks ago to see how it’s going. Well, it couldn’t have gone any better! It’s all gone! There’s a little still in the spine but the doctor said that will go in the last couple of sessions but it’s stable anyway! She still has to carry on with the Herceptin injections for the forceable, which will hopefully keep it from returning. We are so relived. 😍😍

Thought I’d mention it as it’s some positive news within all this uncertainty. 👏🏼

Kat
Fantastic news for your mum and your family Kat. ❤️
Old 13 Jun 20, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Good news Kat.

Thanks for the food update - the sundaes look good as well as the chilli waffle fries (I may have that next week) and the nachos.

We had food delivered yesterday and it was amazing- a smoked meats platter with mac and cheese, brioche buns and pickles and sauces. There was also sticky toffee pudding but we were too full so that’s for tonight. It was an early birthday tea for DH.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Just binge reading & catching up. Not sure what words to use regarding the elephant in the room, but loving the Disney inspired food and drink!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Mobile

Kat, I am thrilled for you, that is wonderful news.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Waltdisnae View Post
Wow, glassware envy here! I have ordered my cocktail shaker though it doesn't arrive till Monday. Not the best night to start my cocktail exploration but never mind.

I love the look of the ice cream sundaes and the chilli waffle fries, definitely ones to recreate. My daughter had a go at Eight spoon cafe macaroni cheese with sweet chilli sauce and Mr Kamalsesque fries. No photos, but was great. We then watched Up and obviously I had a good cry 😭.

Thanks for the inspiration.
Fab have fun with your cocktail shaker we've never managed to get anything from eight spoon cafe as it's always been closed I really wanted to try the shrimp Mac and cheese last year but whenever we went past there was no one at home.

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Serious food envy going on especially all the sweet treats! Those ice cream sundaes look delicious - my first "meal" in WDW last year was a chocolate brownie sundae in Magic Kingdom. Thanks so much for continuing to bring Disney magic in to our homes Abby. Hope lots of other people share their pics
My breakfast yesterday was cookies I'd lounged around in the morning and all of a sudden it was 11am and I needed to go to Tesco so in the end cookies seemed a quick if not sensible option

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Definite food envy. I’m adding Disney cooking to my list of things to do over my 6 week staycation and I am totally going to order ice cream and make cookies to finally have an ice cream cookie sandwich! I also fancied making the carrot cake cookie from HS. Thanks for the inspiration.
The only remotely holiday tasting food we’ve, well Joe made it, done was an apple an cinnamon cake which tasted just like the apple fritters from voodoo.
I also have some more Disney art in my plan.
We had ice cream cookie sandwiches for our dessert last night, double chocolate chip cookies with mint chocolate ice cream. I took a photo for you Joe's apple and cinnamon cake sounds lovely.

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I have decided I am not going to address the elephant in the room as he and I aren't on good terms. This is very uncharacteristic for me as I am a fixer but this is not a normal situation. I feel as though our trips are akin to that poor woman who lost her house to the sea the other week. Every day a little bit crumbles away and we are watching helplessly. What might happen eventually is just too much. Well, that was more than I wanted to say on the subject!

The glass collection gave me a giggle, particularly that there is a section with the ones the kids are allowed to use.

Food looks fab as always, I am definitely going to try some chilli cheese fries.
When the kids were little they were not trusted with the 'company' glasses and now that's sort of stuck and so we have everyday glassware for water and they just use those glasses now. Also, they were never allowed to bring drinks into the lounge and while they do sometimes take a drink in there now it is another one of those rules that has just sort of stuck.

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
I just thought I’d let you Guys know because I’ve mentioned it previously. My mums been having chemo since March and she had a scan two weeks ago to see how it’s going. Well, it couldn’t have gone any better! It’s all gone! There’s a little still in the spine but the doctor said that will go in the last couple of sessions but it’s stable anyway! She still has to carry on with the Herceptin injections for the forceable, which will hopefully keep it from returning. We are so relived. 😍😍

Thought I’d mention it as it’s some positive news within all this uncertainty. 👏🏼

Kat
Kat it's absolutely amazing that you've had this good news and I'm so pleased for your mum, you and all your family. The scan results being so good is fantastic and what a huge relief to know she has responded so well to the treatment. It's brilliant news

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Fantastic news for your mum and your family Kat. ❤️
Yes it's lovely to hear some positive news

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
Good news Kat.

Thanks for the food update - the sundaes look good as well as the chilli waffle fries (I may have that next week) and the nachos.

We had food delivered yesterday and it was amazing- a smoked meats platter with mac and cheese, brioche buns and pickles and sauces. There was also sticky toffee pudding but we were too full so that’s for tonight. It was an early birthday tea for DH.
The nachos were great and only a couple of minutes under the grill to melt the cheese, then slather on all the other toppings. You birthday tea for DH sounds great and even better you've got leftover sticky toffee pudding for tonight.

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Just binge reading & catching up. Not sure what words to use regarding the elephant in the room, but loving the Disney inspired food and drink!

M x
I'm getting really good at pretending he's not here, living in denial is easier than I thought it would be not entirely sure that's a good thing though

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Kat, I am thrilled for you, that is wonderful news.
It is the best news isn't it

I think we've been so lucky over the last few months to come through all this with no health worries. Yes there have been anxieties and our lives have changed but for us we're fortunate that once we accepted these changes like Max not doing his exams, having to work from home and not being allowed to see our friends and family there really was only one other thing to be worrying about...that darned elephant, which once again feels like such a frivolous thing to be worried about in the grand scheme of things

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh Abby - you are spoiling us with the food and cocktail photos! We’re actually in the process of buying a house (our first one!) so I was taking notes on the glass cupboard 😄 Those pulled pork nachos looked amazing, I am drooling.

Kat, such a fantastic news about your mum, so lovely to read your good news.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 20, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Really enjoyed your foodie update Abby. It all looks fab, especially the chilli cheese waffles and the nachos. Wow, you had a LOT of pulled pork!

Nice cocktails too, you've been busy with those. I'm going to take some inspiration from them as I've taken to making cocktails for our Saturday night family facetime quiz. So far I've made strawberry daiquiri, moscow mule and last night I made dark and stormy.

I'm so sorry you still don't have any definitive answers from Disney, it must be very frustrating. It's getting much closer now, and seems very poor that Disney hasn't addressed their UK customers. I hope you get some news soon.

Kat, fantastic news about your Mum - it's lovely to hear something positive.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh Kat brilliant news about your mum!

Abby the food photos are amazing. The chilli cheese fries look so nice and I don't even like chilli 😂

You should open your own bar, you're a cocktail connoisseur! I hope that elephant gets it's act together and gets sortesd soon for you ❤️ x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Oh Abby - you are spoiling us with the food and cocktail photos! We’re actually in the process of buying a house (our first one!) so I was taking notes on the glass cupboard 😄 Those pulled pork nachos looked amazing, I am drooling.

Kat, such a fantastic news about your mum, so lovely to read your good news.
Good luck with your house purchase, it's the most stressful thing to have to do. I loved going and looking round other people's houses, as I'm a dreadful nosey parker, but the process of sorting out solicitors etc was mind boggling at times. We last moved in July 2011 and we said never again! Make sure you have enough storage for all glassware eventualities

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Really enjoyed your foodie update Abby. It all looks fab, especially the chilli cheese waffles and the nachos. Wow, you had a LOT of pulled pork!

Nice cocktails too, you've been busy with those. I'm going to take some inspiration from them as I've taken to making cocktails for our Saturday night family facetime quiz. So far I've made strawberry daiquiri, moscow mule and last night I made dark and stormy.

I'm so sorry you still don't have any definitive answers from Disney, it must be very frustrating. It's getting much closer now, and seems very poor that Disney hasn't addressed their UK customers. I hope you get some news soon.

Kat, fantastic news about your Mum - it's lovely to hear something positive.
ooh a strawberry daiquiri sounds lovely, thats bacardi isn't it? I do love a mule though, vodka or bourbon either is nice and I very much approve of a dark and stormy. I only had one of those for the first time when we went to DC in October and they are now a staple as they're so easy.

We do have news from Disney now. I had an email Friday night and have been thinking about it this weekend. I really should do a proper update for everyone. The short answer is I've accepted their offer of a 35% reduction on accommodation costs. So, that's something semi positive.

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Oh Kat brilliant news about your mum!

Abby the food photos are amazing. The chilli cheese fries look so nice and I don't even like chilli 😂

You should open your own bar, you're a cocktail connoisseur! I hope that elephant gets it's act together and gets sortesd soon for you ❤️ x
You can do any mince though it would also be nice with a Bolognese sauce I think. I normally make the chilli too spicy for Max and Dave, but they have to just suck it up as Kate and me love the heat

I could just see me standing next to Tom Cruise in cocktail and trying to spin some bottles without looking foolish. I'm so incredibly clumsy you wouldn't believe it. I'd be breaking things left, right and centre!