Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 18 Jun 20, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nostradamus View Post
Same on our flights. We upgraded to extra legroom both flights but they have put ut is in non extra legroom on return flight. I messaged them and they said wait until nearer holiday and see what becomes available or will get full refund.
I just noticed there are 16 empty seats on our flight. Last week there were 8 empty.
0 empty seats on our flight before the change over, and after. With the missing rows on the 787 that's around 200 people without a seat. They must be hoping for more cancellations.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
pix70
Proud to wear my Ears

We had the same problem with unassigned seats so I texted and whatsapped them. Somebody replied after 5 days and allocated us seats for our outbound flight but we were all separated. I asked them to seat us together as one child is disabled and the other has just turned 3 ( good luck to whoever is sitting next to him! ) No seats left! So I asked for a price to upgrade to economy delight or premium and was told they couldn't give me a price as all the seats had been sold. Cant say Im looking forward to the flight
pix70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
huntmj
Excited about Disney

We had a booking for LGW MCO 12th and 23rd October in the bubble in PE.
When the change came from LGW to LHR we were given two seats outbound but no seats on return.Seat numbers were showing on the summary but didn't exist on the seat plan.
The problem is you can't get a 747 full of people into a smaller plane, i assume we were going to be given indirect flights with Delta at some point by "customer solutions" at VA.
We asked for and we given a refund and may get the money sometime in the future
huntmj is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

So finally had a reply back from VA over twitter about this. Not a good start that they began the tweet with my name spelt incorrectly.

But they say “seats can change for operational reasons however you would normally be given new seats and not have them left unassigned. If you have contacted us by DM or email, please wait for a response ^EMB”

So I’m still none the wiser!
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by TeeKayDawn View Post
So finally had a reply back from VA over twitter about this. Not a good start that they began the tweet with my name spelt incorrectly.

But they say “seats can change for operational reasons however you would normally be given new seats and not have them left unassigned. If you have contacted us by DM or email, please wait for a response ^EMB”

So I’m still none the wiser!
That's rubbish!

Say that you had seats before and you paid for a full ticket, not standby. You need to know you're on the flight.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
That's rubbish!

Say that you had seats before and you paid for a full ticket, not standby. You need to know you're on the flight.
Don’t worry I replied back and also pointed out that I’d like to know why the only 2 seats I can select are still on sale to the general public!
Also made sure to mention I’m disabled in that and the separate seats would not be appropriate.
That we’d already accepted the change of plane and seats after 747 retirement.

I just want to know who I can contact to assist with this, as there’s no cancellation (yet), no refund etc. but I strongly believe that this is something they should be accountable for before the flights take place!
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Don’t worry I replied back and also pointed out that I’d like to know why the only 2 seats I can select are still on sale to the general public!
Also made sure to mention I’m disabled in that and the separate seats would not be appropriate.
That we’d already accepted the change of plane and seats after 747 retirement.

I just want to know who I can contact to assist with this, as there’s no cancellation (yet), no refund etc. but I strongly believe that this is something they should be accountable for before the flights take place!
Well after wasting my time e-mailing mine was eventually resolved on Whatsapp. I just had to point out that my seats didn't exist on the new plane. Just depends who you get I think. Keep trying until they get fed up 😊
Old 20 Jun 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gelatoni View Post
Well after wasting my time e-mailing mine was eventually resolved on Whatsapp. I just had to point out that my seats didn't exist on the new plane. Just depends who you get I think. Keep trying until they get fed up 😊
Could I ask whether you got seats together.

My issue is that we had seats on the 747, the seats they assigned us on the A330 did exist, we accepted them and had them for just over 3 weeks before I just happened to check because of the OP starting this thread, to find we had been subject to a “schedule change” which was only the seats changing from assigned to unassigned!

The app originally showed no availability, the website shows only two seats as I’ve said before no longer together.

If i do a dummy booking those seats are available to book, if someone chooses to buy them, what then?

That’s why I’m going all out on this, because I’ve already seen a post on another social media who was moved from the cancelled flight on the same day to ours, in PE, where we are. They are a family of 6 and were “unassigned” he called them and VA managed to “seat” them.
That was about 4 days before I checked and found our seats had gone to unassigned!

I know we’re all in the same situation but surely if they make the choice to cancel another flight, those customers shouldn’t take priority over those originally booked!

Sorry for ranting but this dream holiday is turning into a nightmare 😢
Old 20 Jun 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

Mobile

Could I ask whether you got seats together.

My issue is that we had seats on the 747, the seats they assigned us on the A330 did exist, we accepted them and had them for just over 3 weeks before I just happened to check because of the OP starting this thread, to find we had been subject to a “schedule change” which was only the seats changing from assigned to unassigned!

The app originally showed no availability, the website shows only two seats as I’ve said before no longer together.

If i do a dummy booking those seats are available to book, if someone chooses to buy them, what then?

That’s why I’m going all out on this, because I’ve already seen a post on another social media who was moved from the cancelled flight on the same day to ours, in PE, where we are. They are a family of 6 and were “unassigned” he called them and VA managed to “seat” them.
That was about 4 days before I checked and found our seats had gone to unassigned!

I know we’re all in the same situation but surely if they make the choice to cancel another flight, those customers shouldn’t take priority over those originally booked!

Sorry for ranting but this dream holiday is turning into a nightmare 😢
You are completely right, those people shouldn't have priority. You had your seat booked previously.

We are sat together now. I would put everything into a Whatsapp. Copy it so you can repaste it again if you get nowhere the first time. It took me a few tries. Explain that you had seats before which have now gone, and your need to be seated together.

I told them we had our seats booked back in September when the flight was almost empty. So why should we not be able to get on the plane. Tell them you are travelling far overnight so wouldn't be able to just turn up and risk being moved to another flight.

Give them a call at 7am bang on opening too. They didn't help me much but again depends on who you get at the time.

Let me know how you get on. I felt really unsettled when it happened to us so know how you feel.
Old 20 Jun 20, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

We had seats on the 747 upper deck out of Gatwick and were moved to an A330 out of Heathrow. They plonked us into a row we didn't want and initially I was unable to change our seat assignment online or via Virgin's WhatsApp group. A few days later I logged on and by chance was able to reselect my seats to the ones that we wanted. I will say that I was thankful it was an A330 and not the new A350, as the new PE seats are narrower on the A350 as Virgin have made that aircraft 8 across instead of the 7 across on the A330 & 787. It's strange that now people aren't able to log in and change their seats again.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List