Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Aug 20, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I agree with ring doorbell. My friends parents were having similar problems with kids ringing the bell and running off. She got fed up and contacted the police for advice, as her dad has dementia they took it very seriously (they felt her parents were being targeted because of her dads illness as no one else was getting visits) and went to the school with the video footage and asked the school to talk to the kids and let them know the police were going to do something if it happened again.
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We had a lot of problems with "older kids" knocking on door and running off, eggs thrown against house etc a good few years back. Mum made sure she was overheard by one of the parents telling someone that she had been advised to set up cctv and that she could then present police with evidence. From that day on we had no more trouble.
meggy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

One night last week I was in my bedroom watching TV and I heard voices outside. I went to the window and some some young lads edging up my neighbours path. I watched them get to the door and knock and run. Thing is they didn’t run away - 1 hid behind a car and the other hid behind a tree. My neighbour came out and was looking round and I shouted to her that I could see them hiding - at that point the kids walked out and said they were filming for their YouTube channel and asked if they could post it if they blurred her face! Then they just ran away and shouted don’t forget to like and subscribe!
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

I would have answered the door with my phone in my hand recording - we have cctv. I would have told them the footage was going into school and to the police as they obviously don't care if their parents know. I hope it stops soon for you.
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
VeryexcitedH
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I was going to suggest contacting their school when it reopens. Describe the children, ages and their address. Explain the situation with the parents and ask if they would speak to the children.
VeryexcitedH is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

Anti vandal grease on the knocker
Old 19 Aug 20, 09:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks everyone...I don’t know what school they attend as the school in our catchment area is always over subscribed and there are two or three others in the area that children attend.
Our street is a strange layout and there is a street leading into ours and then another at the back of our street, we are in the corner so link all three streets, I think the children live in the street at the back of ours (this is why it’s easy for them to knock and run and hide so quickly).
I’ll definitely look into getting a ring doorbell and some cctv.
Luckily it’s cold and wet here today so no kids outside playing 😂
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

Hopefully this pic explains more where our house is and why we get targeted!
Princess Ariel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

I’d definitely ignore them, even if the knocking gets louder, but I’m a stubborn cow and I don’t give in. I’d just put in my earphones and play some music until they went away.

I would get some cctv though, just so don’t think they can keep doing these things. We have cctv for a number of reasons and we are glad we do as one night two 13 year old boys were going around kicking in cars, they went to do ours, but stopped as they noticed the cctv.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 20, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I would ignore it too. They will soon get bored/grow out of it. Any animosity caused with reporting the neighbours will last a lot longer than the door knocking. I also think that schools have enough on their plate at the minute without dealing with this.

Turn the TV up and ignore. We sit in the back room so never even hear the door to genuine callers ! They want a reaction and you are giving it to them. Have you asked if any of your other neighbours are having the same problem ? My guess it they will have tried everywhere and gone on to the next house. Let it be someone else’s turn next.

I will admit to having done it myself when I was a kid. It’s something kids do and soon get bored of.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List