Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 Aug 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Watching latest Tim Tracker video - he has ordered a Tesla Model Y - made me think of this thread
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
TORIMS
VIP Dibber

DH has a Model 3 and I am planning on getting a Model Y to replace my Audi.

Love the Tesla, such a relaxing drive on autopilot and just a generally good car.

We had a charger fitted in our garage so don’t have an issue with having to find somewhere to charge at home.

Have just travelled from our home in Hampshire, to my parents on the Wirral, and back, and having travelled that route hundreds of times, it was the most relaxing journey we’ve done!

Bizarrely we bumped into our best mates who were travelling back from Scotland, at Warwick Services at the Tesla Chargers as they were charging their Model S. #teslafriends 🤣

Am off fo watch Tim Tracker’s video to see what he thinks of the model Y 😉

Vicki x

Edited at 10:21 PM.
TORIMS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MissB87
slightly serious Dibber

My husband is a mobile service tech for Tesla.

Not read much of the thread but if you have any questions give me a shout I’ll ask him, he’ll be totally honest.

I do know from general chat he is a fan of the 3 over S and X. He’d always say go long range. We’d hands down get one if finances allowed, hopefully in the future.

With service centres as I saw that as a question they are opening them up elsewhere at a rapid pace so most people will be nearer one soon, if not a mobile tech will come to you.
MissB87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

I’ve had a Tesla Model 3 since April and love it - most enjoyable car I’ve ever driven and my commute to work is a 200 mile round trip so I’ve already done 10,000 miles.

I would only recommend buying an electric car if you have your charging situation sorted though. I have a charger at home and work so I’m ok but I wouldn’t want to be permanently relying on public chargers due to cost and inconvenience.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Dont rule out other brands too. The e208 is an amazing EV for the size and price point.

Any questions about EVs, just ask. Plenty of owners on here.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Saw a model X outside my house yesterday .
Not a fan! Love the 3 and the look of the Y but 2022 is a long time to wait !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Cannavar View Post
Dont rule out other brands too. The e208 is an amazing EV for the size and price point.

Any questions about EVs, just ask. Plenty of owners on here.
I was on the phone to Audi yesterday and he said Tesla is better than any of their EV’s as they did some comparison tests between Tesla and other EV makes (including theirs) .
Obviously they will catch up and there are some great ones but it seems for now that Tesla are top of the game .

Edited at 09:06 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
Obviously they will catch up and there are some great ones but it seems for now that Tesla are top of the game .
It’s their supercharger network that makes them so successful.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
I was on the phone to Audi yesterday and he said Tesla is better than any of their EV’s as they did some comparison tests between Tesla and other EV makes (including theirs) .
Their build quality is not up to par with the long term car builders, which is to be expected. They lead the way, no doubt, but the others have decades of car production experience and while the drive trains and charging are firmly a bonus of the Tesla's, the others can exceed them in build quality and cost savings.
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

We have a tesla. I was dubious but it is great. We had a charge point installed. Charge car overnight on low tariff. There is a tesla forum you might want to ask more questions there.
I guess you would need a cable underneath the pavement which would add to the cost... though near my work someone had a personal charger on the pavement as they have no drive 🤷