Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 20, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Just had this from BA

Our partnership with Tesco Clubcard will be ending on 18 January 2021. After this date you will no longer be able to convert Clubcard points into Avios.

Your membership with the British Airways Executive Club remains unaffected by this change. All Avios converted from Tesco Clubcard will remain in your British Airways Executive Club account and will remain active, according to the Executive Club Terms and Conditions.

If your Clubcard points are currently automatically converted into Avios, then this will continue up to your cut-off date for the November Clubcard statement, which will be 22 October 2020. After the cut-off date for your November statement, from 23 October up to and including 18 January 2021, you can continue to convert your points manually online via the Tesco website.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Thanks for posting under chat. Like you I saw it in Head for Points but I like the discussion here on chat - as I would never fly back to Florida under my choice I would and do use them for LAX & DXB so interested very much on developments and yes it may determine where I shop
I am still shopping for my neighbours with Tesco delivery and have done since March every week. They are all over 80 and while it's getting tedious I am happy to help them.

My bonus for this I thought was that I pay with my AE card, so get Avios from AE, aviosfrom Tesco and through the summer got the bonus Avios from the AE special offer. Hey ho, will continue to get the AE Avios.

We do our own shopping as a click and collect from Waitrose (not enough items for us all from Tescos delivery) so if it swapped to Waitrose I would be happy.

We have over a million avios at the moment. I have three Avios return flights booked Seattle, Tampa and Madeira booked with Avios for ease of cancellation so probably wont go on any of them but it's good to plan.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Sounds awful but I’m quite pleased as I prefer ASDA to Tesco for a big delivery shop (only delivery , use Aldi for in person shopping as it’s closer and smaller) but feel I *should* use Tesco for the Avios .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post

I just got the email from BA.

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post

I may very well change where I shop too if there is a new supermarket partnership, we get a lot of our points from Tesco.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I may very well change where I shop too if there is a new supermarket partnership, we get a lot of our points from Tesco.
Me too - although my new home is next to a M&S and a big Waitrose is 5 mins walk up the hill. Tesco will lose a fair bit of my shopping money - infact I dont ever think of shopping there again unless I was literally passing The door where’s now spend a fair amount on dishwasher and laundry products (and booze) there as my club points show
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Me too - although my new home is next to a M&S and a big Waitrose is 5 mins walk up the hill. Tesco will lose a fair bit of my shopping money - infact I dont ever think of shopping there again unless I was literally passing The door where’s now spend a fair amount on dishwasher and laundry products (and booze) there as my club points show
I guess they have made a buisness decision and have worked out how much they will lose in trade. Maybe we avios collectors are in a minority.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by munmun View Post
I guess they have made a buisness decision and have worked out how much they will lose in trade. Maybe we avios collectors are in a minority.
I think it may have been BA call rather than Tesco ? Let’s see what comes forward - I am pretty certain they will wish to partner with one high street grocery store ... selfishly hoping M&S as nearest to me but I would put money on Waitrose as Sharon White may be interested in the tie up - win win for both (M&S senior leadership seems non existent at the moment)
Old 12 Oct 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Shell stopped Avios/BAEP when they swapped to useless Shell Go.
Now TESCO are no longer an option for swapping vouchers for points that is an irritation.
Whichever supermarket group takes over, if any, I'm sure I'll be able to spend enough to earn a voucher.
All I need at the moment is a way of keeping the BAEP active if not flying.
While under travel restrictions we have no access to a Waitrose.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 20, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Purely selfishly, we get 12% discount at Waitrose and 25% at JL as DH works for them - so a tie in with Waitrose would suit me!
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List