Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 31 Aug 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
lensgirl
Imagineer

lensgirl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
How to make a house "female friendly"? Some photos now

Hi

probably sounds a bit odd, but our house has been on the market for around 2 months and we are overwhelmingly getting the response that the man loves it but the woman just doesn't. We have painted it white throughout, except a final bit on the stairs and we could do with carpet on the stairs and upstairs hallway.

our house is very bottom heavy, so have a large(ish) living room and an open plan kitchen/diner. We have 2 double bedrooms and one single room (not a box room, but not much more room after you put a single bed in). Our second bedroom leads out to a large roof terrace with views over the Isle of Wight.

Apart from last week we have had viewings every week and have had one second viewing with no feedback (agent couldn't get hold of them), one third viewing ("not a no but not a yes") and several where the men loved it and would put an offer in (probably because of the large garage!) but the women just don't "feel it".

Its very neutral, we have no colours really and aren't getting any feedback that says we have done anything wrong so its just seems to be about the "feel"

For those who want a "nosy" this is it rightmove/property...-82567631.html

Edited at 01:37 PM.
lensgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
deeley
Imagineer

Have a look at Mrs hinch posts and threads on Facebook and Instagram
The houses all seem clones of hers and very popular
deeley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Wow what a gorgeous house ! 😀
It is devoid of pretty colours though, maybe flowers in pots on the patio outside, some colourful cushions in the lounge, bedrooms. Just a bit of colour really but nothing to clutter it up, I'd buy it as it is though 😃
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

I love it but that’s no help could it be the garden that’s the problem? Other than that if only I could get something like that for the price near London.

The other difficult thing to work out is what else can you get for 400k in the area. It might be people are finding something they think is better value. There’s nothing wrong with the house in my opinion

Edited at 05:31 PM.
keith1973 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

Hmmm, I've had a nosey and I don't see anything wrong with it, it's a lovely house. As you say neutral but from my point of view it means I can move in straight away and then put my own stamp on it when I want to.
Could you add a but of colour somewhere? Something little that wouldn't cost a lot but can be removed if that doesn't work?
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lensgirl
Imagineer

lensgirl's Reviews
Originally Posted by Infinity Red View Post
Wow what a gorgeous house ! 😀
It is devoid of pretty colours though, maybe flowers in pots on the patio outside, some colourful cushions in the lounge, bedrooms. Just a bit of colour really but nothing to clutter it up, I'd buy it as it is though 😃
Thanks! I have some flower pots out the front of the house and I put up nice net curtains in our bedroom as some people didn't like the fact that we have full length windows.

Will look at maybe buying some "show" cushions though

Me DH: DS:11 DS:7:
2003: DLRP - Santa Fe
2007, 2008, 2010, 2016: POR
2009: NYC in Feb for DH 30th B'day,
lensgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I would have that house in a shot its beautiful
Donz1979 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
lensgirl
Imagineer

lensgirl's Reviews
Originally Posted by keith1973 View Post
I love it but that’s no help could it be the garden that’s the problem? Other than that if only I could get something like that for the price near London.
Funnily enough we haven't had a single comment about the garden at all, and it does look a bit pants because we have dogs so the grass isn't great

Its also really well priced for our area, we have dropped the price by £10k as it was just over the search threshold so thought we were losing out by people not going up another £25k that the options allow. The next one down is a semi new build on an estate

Me DH: DS:11 DS:7:
2003: DLRP - Santa Fe
2007, 2008, 2010, 2016: POR
2009: NYC in Feb for DH 30th B'day,

Edited at 05:33 PM.
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I haven’t had a nosey, but for me if I was looking at a house I would like ‘clean’ smells, like fresh laundry, or even floor cleaner/bleach. I would also be a complete sucker for vanilla smells wafting from the kitchen. Anything that smells homely makes me like a house.

Good luck, maybe the women are put off by the big garage that the blokes like coz they are worried about all the boys toys they will buy to put in there!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 19, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

I'm thinking as well maybe a chocolate/vanilla scented air freshener , what female can resist chocolate aroma 😀