Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 16 Jun 20, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Memories4You
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Reported new theme park booking system

I’ve come across this link giving potential details of reservation system going forward wdwnt.news/20200616014
Memories4You is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Beechwood Babe
Proud to wear my Ears

It certainly shows up on MDE for my annual pass.
Beechwood Babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
itsmeGAV
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't wait to open up MDE and not be able to book any days as they'll already be maxed out.
Jan 24 - Family timeshare, Vacation Villages at Parkway
Mar 25 - Family timeshare, Holiday Inn Club Vacations @ Orange Lake
itsmeGAV is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m an APH and really hope they’ll take into account resort stays when limiting the number of reservations that APH can hold.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 20, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Memories4You View Post
I’ve come across this link giving potential details of reservation system going forward wdwnt.news/20200616014
That doesn’t really show anything about the reservation system? It just shows the AP calendar and the dates when a park reservation is required.

There is a little bit more information on a link from that page which says:

“During the limited capacity period, it may be difficult for Annual Passholders to get park reservations to visit on certain dates. To manage capacity, total reservation days held at one time will be limited."

This is something I’ve suggested previously - that Disney might limit the number of days anyone can book at any one time. So, for example, they might allow people to book up to 14 days in advance but you can only select 6 days from those 14. (numbers are just random)

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:57 PM.
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
lmartin
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
I’m an APH and really hope they’ll take into account resort stays when limiting the number of reservations that APH can hold.
I'm an APH too but I'm the only one in our travel party - we're planning to go in Oct as a group of 7 - the others have 14 or 21 day Ultimate tickets. If I can't book the same or as many days as them - that could make things difficult! I'd be distraught to have to drive them to the park and then not actually be able to join them in there!

I really hope they think about international Annual Passholders in their rules. We can't just go any old time, it's focused around a 2 to 3 week holiday. I bought mine as we originally intended to go 3 times in 12 months. The first time was Christmas 2019, the second time was supposed to be in April and the third time is supposed to be in October.
lmartin is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
a11mark
Imagineer

a11mark's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
Disney were quick to announce that staying onsite does not guarentee you park entry
Old 18 Jun 20, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
sarahc
VIP Dibber

sarahc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by a11mark View Post
Disney were quick to announce that staying onsite does not guarentee you park entry
True but you’re never guaranteed entry due to potential capacity or even weather issues. What they might do is give resort guests priority booking though, they’ve stripped every other perk so it’s a possibility.
Old 19 Jun 20, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
TeeKayDawn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by sarahc View Post
True but you’re never guaranteed entry due to potential capacity or even weather issues. What they might do is give resort guests priority booking though, they’ve stripped every other perk so it’s a possibility.
True but playing devil’s advocate they’ve stripped down off site guests perks as well so in fairness if they prioritise onsite guests, they’re opening themselves up to a lot of issues.
Unlike Universal, Disney have so many properties that could mean no off-site guests get a bite of the cherry.

I don’t want to get into the whole on-site / off-site argument. But reality is that everyone is on an even playing field so temporarily I think this is fair.
TeeKayDawn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List