Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Aug 20, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Susanjane
slightly serious Dibber

Cancer Diagnosis. Last Update 26/11/20

Hello,

I've just seen the very good news on Prospect1's thread about his cancer and I'm hoping that the same may happen for my husband.

He was told just over 3 weeks ago that he has cancer of the liver. He'd been sent to the hospital by the doctor for pains that they thought were gallstones. They did numerous tests on him over 2 days and had told him it was probably gallstones but they wanted to be sure, as they'd found something in his blood tests.

At the end of the 2nd day they told him they had found it was cancer and they arranged for a biopsy the following Tuesday. It has now been 3 weeks tomorrow and we're still waiting to find out how bad it actually is. We're both really scared and I seem to spend at least part of the day in tears, and the waiting is getting worse every day.

He's only just turned 50 and we've been together since we were 16, just had our 30th wedding anniversary and last month my biggest worry was whether we should risk buying flights for next September.

Thank you for reading and any positive thoughts gratefully received.

Update 27/9/20

Just updating to say really there is no update. He is still waiting to find out the results of the biopsy taken on the 27th July. He was phoned in August to say they had his results and sent an appointment for the 18th September which was then cancelled the afternoon before and has now been sent another appointment for next week.

I'm just hoping he actually gets to go to the hospital next week to find out what his results are and what the next stage is.

Update 26/11/20

Well, 2 days ago my husband died. When they eventually saw him on the 1st October he was told he had a very aggressive and very rare cancer and it was secondary in the liver when they found it. I don’t know where it originated but it was something to do with hormones and so it went round the body. They’d also found a trace of it on his lung which he hadn’t mentioned before (it was in a letter they sent him, and he thought that would worry me more). He’d never smoked and didn’t really drink much and they’d said it was nothing he could have prevented.

I have deleted the rest as it was rather a rant.
Orlando 1997, Necker Island 1997, Orlando 2002 & 2004, Fort Lauderdale 2006, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando 2007, Orlando 2009, California and San Francisco 2012, Orlando 2013, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale 2015, New York 2016, Orlando 2016, Orlando 2017, Orlando and New York 2018, Orlando 2018 (again), Orlando 2019 x 2

Edited at 09:13 PM. Reason: To remove too much information
Susanjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

So sorry you are going through such a difficult time. My husband had prostate cancer in his mid 50's 2 years ago. It was moderately advanced but he is doing great now. Hopefully you husband's cancer has been found early enough too. Three weeks sounds like an awfully long time to wait for biopsy results. I would be chasing them tomorrow as it is really unfair for you to be waiting so long. These sleepless nights can't be doing you any good.

Hopefully someone will see this in the morning and be able to give you advice about liver cancer. Fingers crossed that you get good news soon.
Old 18 Aug 20, 01:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Susanjane
slightly serious Dibber

Thank you for replying and I'm pleased your husband's doing well now. I think he is planning on trying to contact them in the morning.

Thankyou
Orlando 1997, Necker Island 1997, Orlando 2002 & 2004, Fort Lauderdale 2006, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando 2007, Orlando 2009, California and San Francisco 2012, Orlando 2013, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale 2015, New York 2016, Orlando 2016, Orlando 2017, Orlando and New York 2018, Orlando 2018 (again), Orlando 2019 x 2
Susanjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
danisleigh
Imagineer

danisleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I am so sorry to hear this. My son is 19 this week and 2.5 years ago was diagnosed with Hepatocellular carcinoma, a form of liver cancer. It wasn’t as much of a shock as it has been to you I would guess as my son was born with liver disease and cancer is a lot more common in a liver with cirrhosis. The tumour was too big to remove but luckily just within the limits that he could have a liver transplant so he was listed as a reasonably high priority and transplanted just over 2 weeks later.
I sincerely hope you get positive news from the biopsy and if I can be of any help please feel free to drop me a message x
Apr 98..Quality Inn, Dec 2004...hotel Cheyenne, may 2006...Emerald Island, Mar 2013..Regal Palms / AKL / Rosen Inn / HRH, Oct 14..Cypress Pointe, July 2016 Newport bay club, Aug 2016 magic med cruise, Aug 2017 SSR/Rosen pointe/HRH, Aug 19 Northern Europe Disney magic, Dec 2019...Sequoia Lodge, Xmas 2021 Rosen Plaza/HRH, May 2022 POFQ/HRH, May 2023 Disneyland LA.
danisleigh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

OP, after reading your post, I just cannot find the words to express my feelings, or move on without comment.

We past 40 years married last year after meeting in our late teens.

Just cherish every day together, as I am sure you will.

Praying for a positive outcome,😍

Disney332
Old 18 Aug 20, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by disney332 View Post
OP, after reading your post, I just cannot find the words to express my feelings, or move on without comment.

We past 40 years married last year after meeting in our late teens.

Just cherish every day together, as I am sure you will.

Praying for a positive outcome,😍

Disney332
Same here - I haven’t the words to put it as eloquently as Disney332, but just wanted to say my thoughts and prayers are with you both. x
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Thoughts and best wishes for you both.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Sending you very positive vibes and wishing your husband all the luck in the world. X
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Thinking of you both at this worrying time, sending you lots of love 💕 xx
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Wishing you both good luck with the test results and needless to say, my thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

It puts all of our hand wringing, whinging and whining etc as to whether we will vacation in the near future into perspective.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List