Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 18 Oct 20, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Off-site condo style hotels with balcony/patio

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for recommendations in the Kissimmee/Orlando area for off-site Disney hotels that are like condos with a balcony or patio.

I have looked at regal oaks and The Grove resort but, are there any similar. I have seen some nice places on airbnb but seems a bit dodgy booking through them for Florida or so I have read.

I was looking into a villa but, can't see any booking websites that don't require a lot of money up-front. On-site would be the best but, I just can't afford the deluxe resorts sadly at this time and I need a balcony or more space. DVC is also up-front cost or 50% payment and I want to be able to pay it up as I intend to go in 2022.

I think in the future I could probably swing a deluxe on-site but, I am starting maternity leave (SMP only ) in April and I just need to be realistic about what we can afford for our 2022 trip.

Can I also ask, if anyone has experiences of off-site, where you stayed etc. I like the idea of having somewhere to relax when not in the parks and we also intend to do 1 day at universal, Sea world and maybe the Kennedy Space Centre.
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
cypress pointe.

I haven’t stayed there yet but quite likely will next summer.

We have also had an apartment/condo at Windsor Palms. Windsor Palms is more residential whereas Cypress Pointe is a resort.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MINI MOUSE
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Storey Lake , booked through booking.com and don’t have to pay until you go and free cancellation
MINI MOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde

Hi Bev297, I have looked at Windsor Palms as well but can I kindly ask where you booked through?

Also for Cypress point?

Thank you, MINI MOUSE, I have seen Storey lake also through airbnb but will check out booking.com as I reguarly use them here in the UK.

At the moment, I just saw Rosemoont Wood or Crofton Springs with Virgin. Like the idea of booking villa through Virgin etc but, its not knowing exactly what villa you will get.

Thanks again.
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

It’s about 15 years since we stayed at Windsor Palms so I’m not sure who we booked through.

Cypress pointe is often on travel republic and booking.com
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We’ve stayed a number of times at the Grande Villas resort which includes Cypress Point, last time was. Christmas 2019.Booked through Alpharooms at good prices. There are 3 pools, a bar and a shop that sells everything you could want plus takeaway food. The 2 bedroom units have big balconies and all the units have kitchens and large bathrooms. There is a resort fee but not too bad compared to some.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
We've stayed at Vista cay, Bahama bay and floridays, all condos and would happily stay at any of them again. Bahama bay would be closest to Disney and Lisa on here has a couple of condos listed if you do a search.

ETA, we've also stayed at Fountains (next door to Floridays)

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21

Edited at 04:48 PM.
Mary A is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 04:46 PM  
Link to this Post
firsttimedream
Excited about Disney

We stayed at Lake buena vista resort and spa that was very nice and close to everything. Had a full condo with washing facilities. 2 bathrooms, large walk in shower room, balcony facing disney so could see fireworks in the eve. Would defo recommend
firsttimedream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Deano
Imagineer

Deano's Reviews
Out of interest what has put you off the Grove resort? Its one of the newer places and I like new so just wondered if you had heard some negatives?
Old 18 Oct 20, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde

Hi Deano, I am not put off the Grove, I just want to compare really.

There are some negative reviews on trip advisor but I know you need to take that with a pinch of salt.