Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 19 Aug 09, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cathann
Apprentice Imagineer

she, he and i - day 14: Typhoon Lagoon and home :(

Well this was it, the day we had to leave.

To console myself I volunteered to go to wallmart to buy another bag to get all our shopping home. I had to pop by the craft aisle while in there and added a few little things to my stash We had breakfast when I got back and we threw the last few things into the new bag. We cleaned and swept the villa, loaded the car and headed for Downtown Disney. Thanks to the DIBB, we knew about the Virgin check in there, and it was great! We had filled our Virgin in-flight bags with leftover shower gel etc and undies, and once we had checked in and got rid of our cases, went into Typhoon Lagoon to make the most of our final hours in Orlando.

We grabbed seats and rented towels and lockers and had a lovely couple of hours in the wave pool and lazy river.

When it was time to go we showered and got dressed, ditched the towels and what was left of the toiletries. We drove over to DTD and had a quick lunch in McDonalds before heading to the airport. All was on time, so we were on board and in the air before we knew it really. The flight was... well not great as Katy couldn't fall asleep and neither of us could get comfy, but all in all we managed.

We had a taxi from Gatwick home, Katy and I dozed, and we were home in just over an hour. Glad to be home but with the Disney blues already setting in.

So, all these months on, the holiday still seems as magical as it di when we first got back. Will we go back? Without a doubt. We all loved it and would go back tomorrow if we could. But in reality it will be 2011 I think. Our house really needs some work doing, and all being well we will try ro sort that next year. But once that's done we will definite;y have more free money to put towards another trip. Would we do anyhthing differently? george I think would like to do 3 weeks, so that we could do a bit more chilling out in between park days. Which sounds good to me. I enjoyed May, but couldn't realistically take Katy from school for that long in May, so would maybe look at another time of year. I quite fancy trying February or October, but then again those dates would have to be for 2 weeks only, or 2.5 at a push. I'd quite like to do a night or two in a Disney hotel - I was quite envious of peeople who were wandering in Typhoon Lagoon at 5pm with a lovely cold cocktail, and not have to drive home afterwards. But a villa definitely suited us. I loved our villa, but would also consider staying in a different community, to see if that changed how we did things each day or whether it would mean we spent ore time at the pool. I would also consider getting pool heat if we were there in May again, as the poor weather (which didn't really spoil things for us) meant that it was a bit nippy at times.

But all in all, thanks to the DIBB, things went really well, and it was definitely our best family holiday ever. if you've stayed with me all the way, thanks for reading!
Old 19 Aug 09, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

I've really enjoyed reading your trip reports.

Thanks for taking the time to share them with us.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 09, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonkll
Dibbing with Tink

sharonkll's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Absolutely loved reading your stories and the pics were fab too.

thanks again xxxx

Disney AKL, Disney Boardwalk, Disney Polynesian
Disney Pop Century, Disney Port Orleans, Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific, The Renaisssance
& lots more off site hotels and villas, too many to mention!
sharonkll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 09, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

Have really enjoyed your report. You have loads of great pictures as well.Your DD is lovely. Thanks for sharing your holiday.
Old 20 Aug 09, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Fairy+4
Dibbing with Tink

Fairy+4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I've really enjoyed reading all your reports and seeing your photos, thank-you so much for sharing such a magical holiday with us.
Old 20 Aug 09, 03:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Great last day - thank you for sharing your trip with us and i must tell you that yesterday was our last full day and we went to HS and i scowered (sp) the park for the Carrot cookie cake and as i found the store the heavens opened and we had a tremendous thunder storm but i was snugg on the couch with latte and said cookie - thank you thank you xx - oh yes and i made such an excited noise when i saw them that 2 other people in the store had to try them too!

So again thank you for shring your photos and tips and get planning for 2011

Karen xxxx
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 09, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A great way to spend your last few hours.

Thank you for taking the time to write these reports, I have really enjoyed reading them

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 09, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
a great report thanks for sharing
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 09, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Really enjoyed reading your trip report we arrived as you were finishing your holiday the weather was a bit hit and miss but glad you enjoyed it. Same as you we will probably wait until 2011 before we return again
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 09, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Great report & photos
I have enjoyed all your reports
thanks so much for sharing
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List