Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Nov 18, 04:25 AM  
Link to this Post
pk67
Proud to wear my Ears

Disney Springs VA check in - additional bag

We are likely to be checking in (and paying for) an additional bag for our return trip on Friday.

I know that VA say that you should add the bag as part of online check in but wondering if we can add the bag for the same price at Disney Springs.

Can anyone help?
pk67 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 04:51 AM  
Link to this Post
kl is excited
Excited about Disney

We will be doing the same thing on Saturday so will be hoping somebody will be able to answer your question as it will help us too. I might just email VA to see what they actually say as I don’t think we will be able to check in online as we have an infant in our party.
kl is excited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
kl is excited
Excited about Disney

I spoke to a lady online chat at VA and she said we could either pay for the extra case 24 hours beforehand online or on the day at Disney Springs. she confirmed the cost $100 or 65 Gbp I said we would prefer to pay £65 and can I pay on my CC and she said this is fine they will do this at Disney spring. I hope this is correct as with $rate being low at present it appears better value to pay in £’s.

Edited at 09:42 AM.
kl is excited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Whilst I haven't paid for an extra case, I did rock up at the Disney Springs checkin this July with nothing booked or arranged, and paid on the spot to use it. I can confirm that they do have facilities to take the money and can't imagine they wouldn't take an extra case. Imagine the uproar if they said no...we'll take most of your bags but you have to keep this one... customer complaints would be plenty.
Old 13 Nov 18, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We did this online, be aware it might be $100 but the amount you pay will be higher than £65 as your bank will work the conversion on the daily rate, so today roughly would be £77, so factor that into the cost
We paid far more in September when we added it .

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotts2a
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Scotts2a's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We did this last year when my wife went shopping mad 😱 the extra case we had to buy but would only take payment in dollars. They took a card payment but by the time it converted seem to recall it worked out at around £83. That's not including using the card for air for the hire car for a quarter with fees worked out over £5 as cash slot was broke 😳

Edited at 12:24 PM. Reason: Missed a part out
Scotts2a is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pk67
Proud to wear my Ears

Thanks all. Will look to book it in through online check in to aboud paying in dollars.
pk67 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 18, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
kl is excited
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by pk67 View Post
Thanks all. Will look to book it in through online check in to aboud paying in dollars.
Please can you let us know how you get on booking online as We will be doing this on Friday for our return journey on a Saturday. I certainly hope the lady I spoke to at VA online chat was correct in saying you can pay in gbp as this works out cheaper than paying in $’s. Thanks
Old 14 Nov 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kl is excited View Post
Please can you let us know how you get on booking online as We will be doing this on Friday for our return journey on a Saturday. I certainly hope the lady I spoke to at VA online chat was correct in saying you can pay in gbp as this works out cheaper than paying in $’s. Thanks
You definitely won't be able to pay in £s over there.
I also vaguely remember having to pay in $s online when checking in for the inbound flight. The last time was a couple of years ago though.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 18, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
kl is excited
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Softy View Post
You definitely won't be able to pay in £s over there.
I also vaguely remember having to pay in $s online when checking in for the inbound flight. The last time was a couple of years ago though.
Awe that’s a shame we were hoping the lady was right as when we checked on VA website it says you will be charged in the currency of where your original flight was from, we took this as gbp as we originally flew from Manchester, it’s very confusing.