Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Jan 21, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Which 2-bedroom resort?

We are hopefully travelling to Florida for 11 nights at the end of May.

We have 7 nights at Caribbean Beach resort and then were going to book 4 nights at a villa.

Some villa owners, understandably, don't want to book short stays and we also wouldn't want to book without a cancellation option in case we can't go. We're therefore looking at booking a 2-bedroom resort that we will be able to cancel nearer the time if we can't go or find a villa.

I've seen:

Floridays
Sheraton Vistana(both I-drive & LBV)
Orange Lake
Lake Buena Visa Resort & Spa
The Grove

All are a pretty similar price over 4 nights except for the The Grove which comes in more expensive.

Does anybody have a favourite of these? Or are any ones to avoid? Or does anyone have any other suggestions?

We are only planning the Disney parks this time so want to stick around the Disney Springs area/west 192 as this is where we eat/shop the most.

Thanks
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed at Sheraton Vistana I drive a few years ago and would really recommend. We just had a one bed but it was really spacious. The pools were lovely and heated at night.

The complex is quite large (but most of them are).

Not far from Disney and equally outlets/ seaworld etc. I believe they’ve built an I hop next door since our stay too.
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
fletchie148
Imagineer

We own at orange lake and love it there
Also stayed at the Grove and it was really lovely although a bit further out, but very new and a great apartment
2000 - Disney All Star Movies 2000 - 2007 - Quality Inn International. 2005 - Quality Inn Suites 2008 - The Fountains 2009 - Orange Lake 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2016. Vista Cay 2017. The Grove Resort & Spa 2018
Majorca - Tonga Towers 2019. Orange Lake 2020 - never happened. Orange Lake 2022. Orange Lake 2023. Voco Dubai 2024
fletchie148 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Stokieuk
Very Serious Dibber

Stayed at Orange Lake before and booked again for August (2 bed).

In a great location for restaurants and Disney once you get past that 192 traffic.

River Island rooms at the heart of it all.
Stokieuk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz242
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve stayed at both Floridays and Sheraton Vistana Villages in a 2 bed apartment and would definitely recommend them. Vistana was probably slightly better and had more amenities but both of the apartments were large and well maintained when we visited. The grounds at Visitana were lovely and had a choice of pools, I think Floridays had two pools but we didn’t use them.
We loved the position of both of them, 5mins to Seaworld and 10-15 for Disney and Universal. They’re both very close to the outlets on Vineland avenue and lots of restaurants within a few minutes drive.

Edited at 04:57 PM.
Buzz242 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks for the replies.

Nobody has said to avoid any of them, so that's good.

I have a 5 year old and 2 year old so I may have a look at the pools and see if them are particularly appealing to children.

It's just so hard to decide when there's so many options.
shelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We stayed at the Blue Heron Beach Resort in LBV and really liked it. They offer 2 bed apartments.
All apartments over look a lovely lake and the pool is nice too.
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Originally Posted by shelle View Post
Thanks for the replies.

Nobody has said to avoid any of them, so that's good.

I have a 5 year old and 2 year old so I may have a look at the pools and see if them are particularly appealing to children.

It's just so hard to decide when there's so many options.
We’ve stayed at LBV Resort & Spa and would again. It has a great pool. I’d advise checking for daily resort fees at the places you mention (though if you book LBV resort through Virgin Holidays it’s included.

Villefranche-sur-Mer/Monaco - June and July 2024
Orlando for Thanksgiving - November/December 2024
Belfast/Dublin/Vancouver - June 2025
Posiesmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jan 21, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post
shelle
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
We’ve stayed at LBV Resort & Spa and would again. It has a great pool. I’d advise checking for daily resort fees at the places you mention (though if you book LBV resort through Virgin Holidays it’s included.
Thanks. I had a look on Virgin Holidays. They have a great price on a water park room at Orange Lake. Unfortunately I don’t think the bookings have free cancellation or I’d have jumped on it!

I’ve been looking on booking .com and all resort fees appear to be included. thanks for the heads up 👍
Old 18 Jan 21, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

There are no parking or resort fees at Sheraton Vistana Villages, lovely resort. Floridays has a resort fee.
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List