Notices

Old 2 Aug 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

The Famous Five Hit The Beach Again August 2017 19th August

Saturday 19th

Today I woke up at about 5.30 and got up at 5.50 I am so pleased that I left Grace and Daddy asleep in bed which was fantastic. Nanny was up, I made a cuppa and sorted the salad out and then at 6.20 I got dressed for my walk. I went out at 6.30 and went back in for my phone to take the photo of the moon...it's not a very good one but you could clearly see it and Venus. I walked a different way today somewhere I had not walked before and did 2 miles in 30 minutes. It seemed much cooler this morning.

I stopped to take a pic of a gator in the canal on the way back and when I had taken it I saw there was another one too!
I got back in and Grace was watching YouTube in bed and Daddy was just awake so I made him a cuppa and then went out to wash the kitchen floor!
I was on a role this morning and sorted out a few things, stripped the bed etc and made some fruit salad and Grace had toast. We sat outside and had it while Nanny and Grandad went for a walk.

It was a lovely morning. At 8 we were in the car and off to Walmart for a few things and a mooch about. We also asked about eclipse glasses for Monday but apparently there was a shortage this far south! I don't think we will get any. We got Grace some t shirts and some goggles for the pool.

We picked up further supplies...no fruit though as we seem to have it coming out of our ears and some meat for the BBQ . I got some garlic and herb chicken in the chiller which was lovely and I was really pleased it was there.

We were back indoors by 10 and outside, the weather was beautiful all day and HOT. The news kept saying today that the temp was going to be 94 and with a real feel of 110! I don't think they were that wrong to be honest it was boiling and I spent most of the day on the lilo it was so hot. we didn't go anywhere tonight and I spent a lovely 8 hours outside coming in at 6 to shower. We made the bed with the clean sheets and showered Grace too and sat and chilled until about 7.15 when I took Grace to bed. We then had some vodka and tonic and sat outside, watching the sunset and those fireflys, heaven!

Seems a boring day for you readers today, love the laid back feel of being on the coast
See you tomorrow, thanks for reading.

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Oh so relaxing but in that heat what else are you going to do ... bliss!