Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 6 Jul 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
folkie
Loves sailing in the sun!

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 170
One thing I've just thought about, do check the calendar on the Vatican website for closure dates museivaticani.va/content/...ario_musei.pdf

There are quite a few closures due to church festivals, state visits etc. I'd also avoid the free entrance days, it'll be packed even more than usual on those dates.
91 Brittany 92 Scotland 93 France 94 France 95 Dartmouth 96 Moved house 97 Terra Mare (Greece) 98 Swanage 99 Yedi Tepe (Turkey) 00 Canada/Tunisia 01 Ottawa, Antigua/Bitez 02 DLP/Cornwall 03 Antigua/Gower 04 Ottawa/Croatia/Vendee 05 BVI/Hurghada 06 Javelin (Turkey) 07 Perili (Turkey) 08 Orlando 09 Rosas 10 Orlando 11 Les Deux Alpes 12 Morocco 13 Brittany 14 Vassiliki 15 Orlando 16 DLP/New England/Ottawa 17 Ionian
folkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Thanks again. All booked up, flying BA, 2 nights at Morgana hotel near termini, 72hr passes paid for, coliseum booked and jut waiting for the Vatican days to become avalible and I’ll book those too! Eeeek!
Dozens of Rome food vlogs watched, many many things already on my to eat list!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ruthy1604
VIP Dibber

We stayed at the Morgana recently. The breakfast is lovely and the cappuccinos were my absolute favourite. Our room was at the front and quite noisy as the street below seems to always be busy. The staff are lovely - you will have a great time

Our best meal was at a place called Carbonara - you'll need to book though.
Ruthy1604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Mobile

Any hotel on the Via Caveur , Terminus station at one end, coliseum at the other. Handy for all tourist areas. I highly recommend the Forum. The good thing about Rome is that you turn every corner and step back in time. One of my favourite cities in the World.
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
disneylover43
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 158
Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
Thanks again. All booked up, flying BA, 2 nights at Morgana hotel near termini, 72hr passes paid for, coliseum booked and jut waiting for the Vatican days to become avalible and I’ll book those too! Eeeek!
Dozens of Rome food vlogs watched, many many things already on my to eat list!
Originally Posted by Ruthy1604 View Post
We stayed at the Morgana recently. The breakfast is lovely and the cappuccinos were my absolute favourite. Our room was at the front and quite noisy as the street below seems to always be busy. The staff are lovely - you will have a great time

Our best meal was at a place called Carbonara - you'll need to book though.
I am staying here at the end of September and really looking forward to it
Old Key West August 2012
Port Orleans Riverside August 2014
NY/HRH and Beach Club July/Aug 2016
disneylover43 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

I keep reading reviews and it is all praise. I am even looking forward to the free breakfast, which normally I shrug off as want to breakfast out, but it looks so good!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
we have just booked our flights for 6 nights in October - hotels are quite expensive and some fully booked, we thought Oct would be a little less busy.

I am just researching at the moment. Worried a little about the BA pilots strike.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Unfortunately we have been hit by the strike and had to rebook elsewhere. Our hotel is now fully booked ;( so upgraded to capo D’Africa which looks fab, but £250 more for the two nights and no free breakfast... but at least we are still going!
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We were in Rome last week for the first time and loved it. We stayed in a little boutique hotel five minutes walk from Vatican City. I’m not sure whether you’ll be there on a Sunday but if you are then the Pope gives a blessing to the crowd in St Peters square at midday. It was a real highlight and quite emotional to be part of it. Travestere is definitely the place to wander and eat in the evenings. Everywhere felt safe to wander around (now Naples is a whole other story!) hope you have a wonderful time 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Aug 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly3
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We went to Rome in August 2 years ago. Stayed at hotel Italia, only a 2 star hotel but very clean and included continental breakfast. We loved it and would stay here again if we ever get back to Rome. It was close to everything. I booked it through Expedia along with flights
Lolly3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List