Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > General Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.
Ocean Florida
Unread 25 Aug 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
we have just booked our flights for 6 nights in October - hotels are quite expensive and some fully booked, we thought Oct would be a little less busy.

I am just researching at the moment. Worried a little about the BA pilots strike.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Possibly Rome
Unread 25 Aug 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Very Serious Dibber

Unfortunately we have been hit by the strike and had to rebook elsewhere. Our hotel is now fully booked ;( so upgraded to capo DAfrica which looks fab, but 250 more for the two nights and no free breakfast... but at least we are still going!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
1st family Floriday
Unread 25 Aug 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
emmafleur
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We were in Rome last week for the first time and loved it. We stayed in a little boutique hotel five minutes walk from Vatican City. Im not sure whether youll be there on a Sunday but if you are then the Pope gives a blessing to the crowd in St Peters square at midday. It was a real highlight and quite emotional to be part of it. Travestere is definitely the place to wander and eat in the evenings. Everywhere felt safe to wander around (now Naples is a whole other story!) hope you have a wonderful time 😊
emmafleur is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
POFQ
Unread 27 Aug 19, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lolly3
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We went to Rome in August 2 years ago. Stayed at hotel Italia, only a 2 star hotel but very clean and included continental breakfast. We loved it and would stay here again if we ever get back to Rome. It was close to everything. I booked it through Expedia along with flights
Lolly3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NYC trip
Unread 2 Sep 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

We are just starting to plan a visit to Rome next summer and this thread has got me very excited about it now 😀 I was going to ask if there was a specific area to book a hotel as I had found it quite confusing but this thread has helped a lot.

We will be going in July which isnt ideal as its going to be very hot I realise. We like to book a hotel with a pool for summer city breaks as it really helps. Im failing to find one in Rome that doesnt need a mortgage to pay for it 😂 or otherwise they are around 10 miles out of the city. Does anyone know if its possible to get a reasonable price hotel with a pool in Rome or will we just have to sacrifice this and put up with the heat 😢
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Adults only in La Pineda
Unread 3 Sep 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ynwa2009
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We are just starting to plan a visit to Rome next summer and this thread has got me very excited about it now 😀 I was going to ask if there was a specific area to book a hotel as I had found it quite confusing but this thread has helped a lot.

We will be going in July which isnt ideal as its going to be very hot I realise. We like to book a hotel with a pool for summer city breaks as it really helps. Im failing to find one in Rome that doesnt need a mortgage to pay for it 😂 or otherwise they are around 10 miles out of the city. Does anyone know if its possible to get a reasonable price hotel with a pool in Rome or will we just have to sacrifice this and put up with the heat 😢
We've just got back from Rome, we really enjoyed it I also looked for hotels with pools but struggled to find any suitable so I gave up ( we added 3 nights at the beach with a hotel pool instead) I couldn't find many in Venice either, Venice was wonderful by the way and only 3 and half hours by train from Rome
ynwa2009 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Sep 19, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ynwa2009 View Post
We've just got back from Rome, we really enjoyed it I also looked for hotels with pools but struggled to find any suitable so I gave up ( we added 3 nights at the beach with a hotel pool instead) I couldn't find many in Venice either, Venice was wonderful by the way and only 3 and half hours by train from Rome
I think we are going to have to do the same as pools are either very expensive or way out of Central Rome 😀 We are only planning 3 nights in Rome so Im sure we will be fine without a pool for that long. We are going to Sorrento then so will make sure we have a hotel with a pool there instead

We visited Venice two years ago and really loved it, this is why we wanted to explore more of Italy
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Adults only in La Pineda
Unread 3 Sep 19, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Blast Furnace
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Take a look a Mecure Centro Colosseo, roof top pool overlooking the Colosseo. Reasonably priced with comfortable if not smallish rooms.
Blast Furnace is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
US Rent A Car