Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Kenwood Travel
Unread 25 Aug 19, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
Problem is that reading the OP, the dog was on lead.
It doesn't sound like the dog was on a lead to me. But in any case I am also not sure what you mean by "problem is". Are you suggesting that dogs on leads can legitimately attack smaller dogs? I really just do not understand what you mean.

Edited at 01:59 PM.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney 2019 v 2
Unread 25 Aug 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Hotlush
Getting Excited

Mobile

Whilst there is little the Police can do about this single incident it should still be reported on 101.
Hotlush is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Juniors second trip to Disney!
Unread 25 Aug 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Clairelovestate
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Poor Tilly and poor you and your family. I hope Tilly recovers quickly. I would report it to the police. Even if there isnt much that can be done it can still be on file in case there are similar attacks by the same dog.
That dogs needs more training, a muzzle, a collar with lead and a harness with a second lead if its that aggressive.

When I had a dog (chihuahua) despite him being on a lead and walking next to my pushchair with toddler son at the time, he was attach by a chocolate lab. Thankfully I manage to get hold of my dog pick him up before he was injured but people walking the other side of the huge park heard my dog scream. It was so shocking and my dog never trusted another dog after that.
Clairelovestate is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disneyland Paris!
Unread 25 Aug 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
VIP Dibber

So sorry to hear this and as a dog owner it really annoys me that when people have an aggressive dog that they don't muzzle it and keep it on a short lead around people and other dogs.

I hope your poor doggy makes a full and fast recovery.
mickey house is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
BA club is a con
Unread 25 Aug 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It doesn't sound like the dog was on a lead to me. But in any case I am also not sure what you mean by "problem is". Are you suggesting that dogs on leads can legitimately attack smaller dogs? I really just do not understand what you mean.
The fact she said the lead was trailing behind the dog gave me the impression it slipped the lead. I was just trying to say that even on a lead, dogs can be dangerous as we found out to our cost.

Sure I didnt say anything about allowing off lead dogs to wander and attack other dogs but I apologise if I did.

The devil is in the detail and I made sure I read the original post fully and please dont try and put words into my mouth. Thank you.

Edited at 11:34 PM.
SimonB is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
OKW DDP chompathon and RPR
Unread 25 Aug 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

I hope Tilly is ok and all the family too, that's not nice seeing your family pet attacked 😠.
Unread 25 Aug 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Excited about Disney

Mobile

As a dog owner this dog is dangerous to other dogs especially if he already warned you. My older dog didn't like other dogs so kept on lead but would not attack on lead either so not muzzled. I think it should be reported to if it unfortunately happens again there has already been logged.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Dream WDW Holiday
Unread 25 Aug 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

That is shocking, I would have been terrified. I hope Tilly makes a speedy recovery. I hate irresponsible dog owners! X
Attraction Tickets Direct