Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Aug 19, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
It doesn't sound like the dog was on a lead to me. But in any case I am also not sure what you mean by "problem is". Are you suggesting that dogs on leads can legitimately attack smaller dogs? I really just do not understand what you mean.
The fact she said the lead was trailing behind the dog gave me the impression it slipped the lead. I was just trying to say that even on a lead, dogs can be dangerous as we found out to our cost.

Sure I didn’t say anything about allowing off lead dogs to wander and attack other dogs but I apologise if I did.

The devil is in the detail and I made sure I read the original post fully and please don’t try and put words into my mouth. Thank you.

Edited at 11:34 PM.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

I hope Tilly is ok and all the family too, that's not nice seeing your family pet attacked 😠.
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DiszeeBelle
Imagineer

Mobile

As a dog owner this dog is dangerous to other dogs especially if he already warned you. My older dog didn't like other dogs so kept on lead but would not attack on lead either so not muzzled. I think it should be reported to if it unfortunately happens again there has already been logged.
DiszeeBelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sas
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

That is shocking, I would have been terrified. I hope Tilly makes a speedy recovery. I hate irresponsible dog owners! X
Old 26 Aug 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Hotlush View Post
Whilst there is little the Police can do about this single incident it should still be reported on 101.
This is incorrect, legally having a dog dangerously out of control, even in your garden, can lead to police action if someone has been placed in fear for their safety. Whether the police are motivated enough, know the law, or using excuses because they don’t want to is another matter. I’ve seen cases of people arrested and dna swabs taken, accepted caution, with just one incident of a dog jumping up and biting or scratching someone. That was obviously a motivated officer. I’ve seen people sued for 6 figure sums where their ‘friendly’ dog jumped up and caused someone to fall over. My advice to any dog owner is get good insurance and only allow it off the lead in suitable places.
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

That is awful, I'm so sorry for all of you, hope Tilly is feeling better today. If that man knew his dog was dangerous he should have taken necessary precautions and muzzled it, its shocking to think that he knew what the dog is capable of and never did anything about it!
Big hugs to you all, but an extra one for little tilly x
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

I'm sorry this happened, it just have been terrifying. If a dog does not like other dogs to the point it attacks them then it bloomin well shouldn't be walked in a public area where other dogs are!

My parents have two little sausage dogs and we have had similar incidents although not as scary. One owner told us to pick them up as his dogs don't like small dogs, we refused as our dogs were covered in mud. He barely seemed in control of his three large dogs- they should not have been out on a popular dog walking route in my opinion. My husband was squaring up to defend us if they tore free of his grip.

When I was a child I was terrified by an incident where a large dog attacked our old sausage dog and pushed him into the canal. He didn't surface for ages and I thought he was going to drown (sausage dogs can swim but not particularly well and he was old). I think it might be what made me scared of big dogs for life.

If a dog was actually to attack I would boot that dog in the face 100 times over and would be in the right- you are allowed to protect your dogs from out of control animals!

Edited at 09:38 AM.
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

I am not on Facebook but I have friends who are, do you think that getting them to put a warning on there is OTT? I have honestly not stopped worrying about it. It is probably enhanced because I am already stressed and worried over my sons friend cancer diagnosis so my emotions are running high.
We was up close and personal so I know he was around 5ft 10 - 6ft slim to medium build, aged 40-50, bald with thin rimmed glasses wearing a walking coat.
I am pretty good with dog breeds and I am 99.9% sure it was a boxer. Boxers face, long legs/height but it was more solid, more muscle than the typical slim build of a boxer. Very powerfully built.
We did not take little Tilly out yesterday, she was still very quiet and obviously sulking/feeling sorry for herself
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I absolutely dont think its OTT for you to, I'd want my friends and family to know what happened and to look out for them x
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 19, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
That dog should be muzzled when out, it’s owner knows it’s dangerous.
I would have reacted exactly like your hubby whether it was attacking a human or my dog.
Hope Tilly is ok today.