Notices

Old 22 Jul 18, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

The Pezzer Duo All Of The Food Photos...

Hello Dibbers

Our first ever go of posting our photos.

We are the Perry family ... first up Eva aged 10 loves all things Disney and will eat most things except fish although she may try some this trip

Me - Sarah better known as Pez aged 47 and will happily scoff anything and everything.

This is our third “once in a lifetime “ trip. We are staying at Port Orleans Riverside and arrived last night.

So I'm up at ungodly hour of 4am and thought why not share all of the food photos with you all...

We are on the Deluxe dining plan and here for 14 nights before heading over to Hard Rock Hotel for a couple of days.

The ADRs we are excited about are Monsieur Paul, Homecomin and Cheeseburger Spring Rolls...

Here goes...

Food on the flight ... we were in PE which was a last minute decision at the airport ...

Eva chose the chicken and pasta I went for the gnocchi. Eva won this one hands down. Mine was mushy but ok Evas chicken was really juicy and tasty.

Chicken with pasta creamy sauce... this was really good and I was hoping for leftovers but they never came ...

This was gnocchi with mushrooms and kale ... tasted good but the texture was a bit mushy ... good tho

Afternoon tea. Cheese butty and cake can't go wrong ...

Held on tarmac for quite a while on arrival due to storms. Captain joked that we were landing back at Manchester. Not ring there mate it was hammering down. But excited none the less and looking forward to getting to Port Orleans Riverside and and explore.

This was tea. We were way too tired to go out for dinner so we got this beaut from the Riverside Mill. Pepperoni Pizza couple of drinks plus got our refillable mugs. The pizza was ok just what we needed. Used 2 dining credits for this ... not good use of credits I know but for first night it was what we needed.

Eva used her first snack credit on this rice Krispy Mickey thing from the food court ... she declared it excellent..

Next stop Be Our Guest for breakfast...

Breakfast at Be Our Guest

We arrived at MK at 7.45 - it was pretty empty up Main Street so we managed a few photos near the castle ...

I had read some pretty dire reviews of the breakfast here but no complaints from us. I got the meat and cheese board. I had 3 types of meat consisting of ham, salami and prosciutto type thing plus Camembert and bread and jam. Eva had the croque madam which was an open cheese ham and egg sandwich. They brought a platter of pastries and Eva had a masters cupcake. Everything was excellent. Eva won again with her choices. The cupcake was so good - it was a chocolate cake with an Oreo cream on it.

So all round good experience ... we left most of the pastries I need to work on expanding my belly to fit more in ... I'm a northerner I don't like waste...

Off to line up for SDMT now and have a fun morning at MK ... there may be a cheeseburger spring roll involved today...

Day 1 Raglan Road

Our afternoon pool time was rained off so after a freshen up in the room we headed over to Disney springs on the bus. The rain was bouncing down and didn't let up at all all evening. We nipped into Uni Qlo and bought some hoodies to keep us warm before checking into Raglan Road. We have never eaten here before and this was Eva's choice as she wanted to see the Irish dancers and I think she was hoping to get in the stage and show off her Irish dancing skills.

Started with a berry margarita for me and chocolate milk for Eva. I liked this cocktail a lot.

We were brought a basket of bread with a sweet dipping sauce .. I think it was some kind of honey and Guinness flavour? They also brought some real salty butter for Eva

Oh boy these were simply outstanding! Six giant battered scallops with a lime mayo and sweet chilli sauce. These were the best scallops I've ever eaten.

Eva's starter was the non nom chicken wings and they kindly put the sauce (chilli and soy) on the side for her. These were described as “like the ones you get from the chicken shop Mum” .. we've a local fried chicken shop we love their wings and these measures up.

Good starters all round although Eva was flagging by this point.

My main was gnocchi with pork belly, spinach, tomatoes and scallops.

This was delicious .. crispy pork belly with sweet scallops and pillowy gnocchi ... ate the lot!

Eva's main was Shepherds pie .. at hone it's her favourite tea. She started to eat it said it was tasty then after maybe a quarter of it she fell asleep sitting at the table. Bless her she must have been soooo tired. I guess it's going to take a few days to adjust. I asked for the check and didn't get to try the bread pudding as planned. She did wake up and perk up when the dancers came on but she was done eating.

I was surprised by the quality of the food here. It really was a great night. The entertainment was very good - they had a band on that mixed traditional dancing with a modern mix as well as the band playing a few requests.

Tomorrow it's Akershus and Monsieur Paul ... and apparently solid rain all day yuk.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading along. Will be interesting to see how you get on with the deluxe ddp too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Looking forward to reading along. Will be interesting to see how you get on with the deluxe ddp too
Thanks .. just figuring it out using the app going to add more pics now ...

Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Subscribing curious to know if you were offered a good price for the PE upgrade or if you just fancied it anyway

Have a fantastic time
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
Subscribing curious to know if you were offered a good price for the PE upgrade or if you just fancied it anyway

Have a fantastic time
The flight wasn’t full so there were seats I paid £400 for the two... I paid more last year ... we wanted to do it so ponies up not sure I would say it’s good value though ...

Old 22 Jul 18, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Pez01 View Post
The flight wasn’t full so there were seats I paid £400 for the two... I paid more last year ... we wanted to do it so ponies up not sure I would say it’s good value though ...
Who cares! ... its a good start to the holiday
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great start , have a great time x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start, looking forward to your updates👍
Old 22 Jul 18, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzny Momma
Excited about Disney

Looking and sounding good so far
Margaret
Dizzny Momma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Looks like you got off to a good start, I'm looking forward to following along, thanks for taking the time to share your pics.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List