Notices

Old 12 Aug 18, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

A Southern Adventure August 2018 Day 4

August 11th Day 4

Off on our travels again this morning, a hotel every night for the first few nights, luckily I have the cases fairly organised and packing cases are amazing I have decided!

Grace was awake first this morning just for a change at 4 but we all managed to dose until 5.30 which is much better. I did a bit of yesterday's trip report and had a coffee before we met Nanny and Grandad and went down for our free breakfast at 7am.

Great breakfast, which started at 6.30 so it wasn't busy at all yet. They had the usual hot stuff, sausage, bacon, egg. Muffins, bagels, toast etc etc.

I had some All Bran followed by a yogurt and a banana, Grace had a bagel and a yoghurt and Daddy had some hot stuff and any sweet things he could get his hands on

We went back to the room and shoved everything back in the cases and decided to get on the road again as we had a 4 hours drive round to Fort Myers and after yesterday didn't really want to leave it any later.

Apologies for the mess, but this was our room, loads of room would recommend.

We were in the car for 8am and Daddy was having his first drive of the car today and giving me a little rest, we planned to do half each today.
We started the journey looking at the lovely views and were soon up at Homestead and then going by Miami again. We stopped at about 10.30 at Dunkin Doughnuts for coffee and some nibbles which was a welcome pit stop, I got in the driving seat and we were off again.

We were soon on the I-75 and going through Alligator Alley...a bit boring to be fair but we were soon rewarded with entertainment... rain and lots of it! It chucked it down, it was absolutely driving to true Florida fashion. We took it steady and it happened twice but I have driven in worse.

We arrived at the hotel the Sandpiper on Estero Beach at 1.30pm. One of our rooms was ready and one wasn't which was fine as long as we had somewhere to put all our stuff. We gave Nanny and Grandad the room and we just got changed and went straight out to the pool which is practically on the beach. It was lovely. The red tide situation was not too bad no smell or dead fish just really dark water.

We stayed outside for a couple of hours until about 4.15pm, we had decided to drive up to Publix and just get some cooked chicken and rolls a bit of coleslaw and of course some wine

We got back at about 5.15pm and ate our tea in our own rooms. Grace was feeling really tired but it was too early to let her go to bed so we whatsapped Nanny and arranged to have a walk along the beach at 6 for half an hour. Grace really didn't want to go but actually it was really nice, we stayed above the tide mark on the nice white sand.

pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by pretty71 - 12 Aug 18 4:09 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Lovely white sand!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day

Joan
Old 13 Aug 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A better driving day and lovely sandy beach
Old 18 Aug 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I love those west coast beaches.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List