Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 May 19, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
:) A Mi11ion Dreams = 2018 - Day 17- A trip to The Studios, night time Toy Story Land and Fantasmic

Welcome back, you made it - I hoped you would!

A trip back in time at the Studios (with magical parking!) and some night time Toy Story Land pics too.

If you missed Day 16 it is just a click here away

If you are reading for the first time - hope you can join us from the beginning and the whole index is here.

As requested - here is the link to everything that has been typed in previous trips and some photos that show the boys growing older in the blink of an eye - just click here to read, see and get some handy tips from things we have experienced in the past

Welcome to Day 17

Saturday 11th August

After a veritable feast of football on the TV and the Everton game being the evening kick off at home, meant for a pleasant footballing start to the day, until Wolves equalised in the 80th minute!

We had enjoyed the sunshine, the pool and a breakfast/ brunch in the villa.

Once the game finished we were just a 15 minute drive to The Studios.

Building work increasing by the day

As we went to pay for parking the CM gave us back the $25 we were offering, and told us to enjoy our time in the park – wow! That is something that has not happened for a long time and was most welcomed.

Film 54 back row was our parking place, given the recent development of the car park, I doubt we will ever park here again!

We were in the park much earlier than planned so had time to explore.

First off was a Star Tours ride,

When happened next is another bit of Dibb magic, it is always a special moment, when someone asks if you are on ‘The Dibb’,
today we met Dibb family- mason1, who were sat next to us and had recognised us from previous reports – we hope you had a great holiday.

We could have stopped for a longer chat, and really wanted to, but Joe was so desperate for the loo, we had to wish them a happy rest of holiday before Joe was able to uncross his legs – it was a close thing and if you ever read this mason 1 , I hope you understand - appreciate you asking and, like I said, wish we could have shared more of a conversation and a bit of Dibb meeting.

The much needed toilets, led us towards The Muppets, which again, given the configuration of the whole park becomes a place that does not necessarily lead towards The Muppets. You really need to be going some to actually get here and I only hope that the currently closed path that exists between Toy Story Land and what will be Galaxy’s Edge allows a little bit of Muppet space, other wise they would have been well advised to design the whole bit from Star Tours onwards into Star Wars land.

The key was still under the mat though

We watched avidly and also took in the fact that on exit Pizza Rizzo was once again shut – mid August and a counter service place like this possibly needed a Droid to drum up some custom?

We headed away as Rock ’n’ Roller was then calling us, and since we did not have a fast pass we headed to the single rider line, which took an age.

We had timed it badly, just after the exit of the Beauty and the Beast show- so that 40 minute standby queue was a more accurate 85 when checking the queue times once in it.

As much as I love a queue line – not!
Even in a single rider queue it had implications, but was much shorter than you would ever think.

The single rider line, as long as you can cope with random people spoiling your ride photo, is such a great short cut to riding Rock ’n’ Roller.

Apologies if you ever get in the same photo as Josh!

As we passed through the area where " The Hat " used to be we got some great photos of Chewbacca.

We stopped for a quick beer before our Fast Pass at Indiana Jones, a place we had not been for a while and once again continued our theme of the week in visiting places we had missed in past trips.

I know/ or should I say I hope, this will be updated soon, but it is not the greatest to watch and I have to admit until it is updated I will struggle to watch again.

Photo opportunity though!

We were next heading to Toy Story Land but there was just one single something we needed to do.

One Man’s Dream.

I know a bang on about this place, but with the original film showing, we had to go. It is a MUST SEE.

I have said it before, and make no apologies for saying it again , each and every single person who visits WDW should just set aside 15 minutes to watch this film about the life of Walt and Roy Disney, their hopes and their dreams, their struggles and successes. I truly makes you appreciate the whole place that little bit more.

When the film is replaced by Disney or Pixar trailers it goes against that whole thought of why we all visit WDW.

It is so easy to walk past and to ignore, you really need to make a note in your plans to just spend some time here. Just makes you aware of how ‘Disney Magic’ actually happened.

After an injection of Disney reality, possibly added with a bit of wondering if Walt and Roy would support the current Disney Corp money grabbing idealism (that CM in the car park booth today got it, and understood exactly – which is why it is noted. I do wonder when we will ever see such an experience again – it used to be widely experienced and enjoyed – previous trip reports will share those times)

We were headed for the queue for Slinky Dog, but were put off by the incoming weather that, according to the live wait times, had already shut the outdoor attractions in the three other parks- we chose to roll our dice and gamble!

To switch to the early Fantasmic, with a thought of using our ToT fast pass afterwards and then seeing what we could pick up in Toy Story Land rather than spend time in the queue, that we felt was going to be closed.

The use of wifi and phones has changed how you plan anything in a Disney park – possibly not for the better but I will leave that for another day!

As always, we spent the time awaiting Fantasmic, watching the weather. At 8-45 the announcement was made that Fantasmic will begin in 15 minutes- that roll of the dice was bringing up dividends!

This is Josh’s most favourite Disney show, we all sat transfixed by the show and also by Joe’s glow with the show ears- a $5 bargain at the Disney shop at the outlets.

It also brought about a photo fest that I enjoy the challenge of trying to take photos that I know others have taken better – for me I never photoshop, what I take is what I took. Even with pics that are out of focus!

We exited sharpish and knew that route to get to TOT quicker!

Tonight in the dark, we rode Tower of Terror with a group who all appeared to be British- if any of you are reading this do let me know!

We enjoy this ride so much, a whole lot more than the American child who was ahead of us in the queue. His tears and fear meant his dad was taking pictures of his distress and that made us and others around us feel rather uncomfortable. There really was no need for it as the poor child was really afraid.

I put this in my notes after riding and I possibly should have deleted, but it was a sight that even today remains uncomfortable with me – they disappeared into another lift but as a dad I would never have taken a photo of a little boy in such distress.

As we left ToT ,We headed to Toy Story Land and aimed to simply enjoy the night time lighting.

It was a totally different place, it took our breath away – in years to come, I’m not sure how often this place will be seen at night or how impactful the sight will ever be again.

Tonight, this place took on another life, one that was distinctively more beautiful that the day time and once more a reason to make sure you visit to absorb a place rather than to just visit a ride and move on.

Tonight was special in that respect, we had no expectation and just wanted to soak up what Toy Story Land was and possibly what has not been advertised for the evening offering.

As the Star Wars fireworks began we had such an enjoyable time, Slinky Dog was still a 90 minute queue, TSM was just 20, as was the Spinning Saucers. We opted for the one we all recognised that we would not queue for during the daytime.

The hidden Mickey spotted in the line and the whole theme around here was amazing .

The ride had very low expectations and to be honest it was better than we had prepared ourselves for, it was still a Navi Journey in comparison to a Flight of Passage moment and that possibly gives greater credit to Slinky Dog than is necessary!

It had just passed 10-30 as we headed to the exit, a so called light park day which some 7 hours later had brought some great fun.

We headed back to the villa and rustled up the quickest evening meal ever!

In was well past midnight as the boys slumped into bed. Shattered!

What a great day!

Thanks for reading and see you real soon for Day 18

Which is a little click here away

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 12:18 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 06:37 AM  
Link to this Post
LozzaManse
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Some fab photos of Toy Story Land at night! We had a very similar experience with it feeling totally different after dark. Hollywood Studios has been my least favourite park but we loved it this time! Thanks for sharing, I’ve enjoyed all of your trip reports!
LozzaManse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Another fab day, you got some great photos. The one of Andy's shoe print in TSL (in the dark), is great, I found the crowds in the day made it harder to see. How horribly mean of the dad in the queue, it's one thing to gently encourage your child to try something they are hopefully going to enjoy, quite another to use that time photographing their distress. That aside it's great that you had another full, fun day.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
It sounds like a fab evening, after your restful start to the day watching the football.

The brief dibb meet at star tours was fun. I'm glad you all bother to do the Muppets, I do really like that show. But then there's not many shows I don't like.

I'm with Josh all the way as fantasmic is my favourite of the night time shows. I love the build up, I love the cast members getting everyone to do the Mexican waves, I love the cheesy music before it starts and I really like the show with Mickey up top and then all the characters coming out at the end on the boats. Aaahh...

I like your photo of the minute maid frozen lemonade. I think it's compulsory to get a snack from Hollywood Scoops or a churro or something before heading in...if it's not it should be! Also, the light up ears are amazing and still being worn at he end of the night in the photopass in front of RnR.

It really does read like you had a blast today.

This Saturday was the day we did our 4 park challenge. We were at HS around lunchtime, well it felt like lunch, I think we arrived at about 11am, we'd been at AK for their EMH! By the sounds of it we missed you as we'd have been on the boat to Epcot by around 2pm.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by LozzaManse View Post
Some fab photos of Toy Story Land at night! We had a very similar experience with it feeling totally different after dark. Hollywood Studios has been my least favourite park but we loved it this time! Thanks for sharing, I’ve enjoyed all of your trip reports!
Thank you

Hollywood Studios is in such a huge period of change that it can change months by month - I am sure I will be frustrated by lack of ToT fast passes this year as they are refurbing but staying open.

It will reinvent itself and we loved it on this trip - if you keep reading we had an Uber night there which was really fantastic

Hope you stay with us and enjoy the rest of the trip

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
thanks for the mention. My husband thought I was mad talking to random strangers, but i said, no, they are on the Dibb We had a great holiday, and can’t wait to do it all again in August. Loving the trip report
Old 4 May 19, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Really enjoying your report - but as a Wolves fan I have to say we started as we meant to go on and came out fighting this season! I think we even surprised ourselves 😂 but an equally admirable position in the table for Everton too.

Thanks for sharing your super report 😊
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
Really enjoying your report - but as a Wolves fan I have to say we started as we meant to go on and came out fighting this season! I think we even surprised ourselves 😂 but an equally admirable position in the table for Everton too.

Thanks for sharing your super report 😊

Great season for Wolves, they really set a marker on the first day of the season - next stop Europe

Glad you are enjoying the trip report and stay with us until the end

Old 6 May 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
thanks for the mention. My husband thought I was mad talking to random strangers, but i said, no, they are on the Dibb We had a great holiday, and can’t wait to do it all again in August. Loving the trip report
Was great to meet with you and hope we can do the same this summer too- countdowns look very similar
Delighted you had a great time and as mentioned above wish we could have stayed to chat longer.

Enjoy your countdown to Summer 2019

Old 7 May 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day and your photos are so good.
It's so nice to meet other Dibbers when you're on holiday, we met a lovely couple who are Dibbers in Lanzarote this March.