Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Unread 18 Aug 19, 10:43 AM  
Link to this Post
l33na
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
Call BA and they will sort this out with AVIS. The issue seems to be that BA are paying a set rate and the avis system is putting their charges for the booking and there's a discrepancy between them. BA and Avis will sort it between them and you should have no costs.
Ill get onto BA now. Thanks for this information.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
New York, Niagara and Orlando
Unread 18 Aug 19, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
l33na
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by chrisxal View Post
I have had this issue twice with Avis and notified BA who refunded the money to me. I had tried dealing with Avis about the overcharge but they just ignored my emails.
I was going to call Avis first but wont bother after hearing your experience.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 18 Aug 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Proud to wear my Ears

They charge you for doing less than 75 miles a day? What on earth is that for?
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Florida bound ...
Unread 18 Aug 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
slightly serious Dibber

Just checked again and the charge isnt for $17.99. Cant get through to Ba as customer relations is only open weekdays. Im inclined to ring Avis so I have their version of events too.
Unread 18 Aug 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
Just checked again and the charge isnt for $17.99. Cant get through to Ba as customer relations is only open weekdays. Im inclined to ring Avis so I have their version of events too.
Post up Your invoice and block out any personal information.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Time for somewhere else next i think...
Unread 18 Aug 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mykeyb
Gone all Goofy

If you need to check if it was an E-Toll charge you should check the following website e-tolls/en/invoice/search?agency=Avis
Avis do have a habit of double charging the $19.75 if you have split rentals. I have just got back yesterday and noticed they have done this to me, when I had to return a car for a slow puncture at pickup. They have charged the $19.75 for both cars

Edited at 04:38 PM.
mykeyb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Aug 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
I managed to get my receipts from the preferred account. For the one day rental I was charged 17, two weeks rental 24 and 80 for the three day rental. It seems the prepayment voucher didnt cover the cost of the rental so we have been charged extra. Whats wrong is I was told there were no additional charges. I do recall being told on two occasions weve been given a free upgrade. Ill be calling Avis and Ba now.
The prepayment voucher has to cover the cost of the rental, the price on your voucher is the price agreed on the day of the booking, if the rental price has increased it makes no difference, if the price was to decrease you would not see a refund from Avis.

Did you do any Toll roads ?

I would not bother with Avis I would contact BA that is who you made your booking agreement with and then BA made the agreement with Avis.
Let BA take care of this they are very good at dealing with problems.
One time Avis did not have my car and gave me a lower grade BA got me a full refund.
Unread 21 Aug 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
The prepayment voucher has to cover the cost of the rental, the price on your voucher is the price agreed on the day of the booking, if the rental price has increased it makes no difference, if the price was to decrease you would not see a refund from Avis.

Did you do any Toll roads ?

I would not bother with Avis I would contact BA that is who you made your booking agreement with and then BA made the agreement with Avis.
Let BA take care of this they are very good at dealing with problems.
One time Avis did not have my car and gave me a lower grade BA got me a full refund.
I am currently struggling to get hold of either Ba or Avis as I dont get home till after 5 and customer relations are not open at the weekend. I am going to try tomorrow. Ill update all as it could be something to look out for future bookings.