Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 Aug 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
silver_age
Excited about Disney

They charge you for doing less than 75 miles a day? What on earth is that for?
silver_age is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Just checked again and the charge isn’t for $17.99. Can’t get through to Ba as customer relations is only open weekdays. I’m inclined to ring Avis so I have their version of events too.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
Just checked again and the charge isn’t for $17.99. Can’t get through to Ba as customer relations is only open weekdays. I’m inclined to ring Avis so I have their version of events too.
Post up Your invoice and block out any personal information.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mykeyb
Gone all Goofy

If you need to check if it was an E-Toll charge you should check the following website e-tolls/en/invoice/search?agency=Avis
Avis do have a habit of double charging the $19.75 if you have split rentals. I have just got back yesterday and noticed they have done this to me, when I had to return a car for a slow puncture at pickup. They have charged the $19.75 for both cars

Edited at 04:38 PM.
mykeyb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 19, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by l33na View Post
I managed to get my receipts from the preferred account. For the one day rental I was charged £17, two weeks rental £24 and £80 for the three day rental. It seems the prepayment voucher didn’t cover the cost of the rental so we have been charged extra. What’s wrong is I was told there were no additional charges. I do recall being told on two occasions we’ve been given a free upgrade. I’ll be calling Avis and Ba now.
The prepayment voucher has to cover the cost of the rental, the price on your voucher is the price agreed on the day of the booking, if the rental price has increased it makes no difference, if the price was to decrease you would not see a refund from Avis.

Did you do any Toll roads ?

I would not bother with Avis I would contact BA that is who you made your booking agreement with and then BA made the agreement with Avis.
Let BA take care of this they are very good at dealing with problems.
One time Avis did not have my car and gave me a lower grade BA got me a full refund.
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
The prepayment voucher has to cover the cost of the rental, the price on your voucher is the price agreed on the day of the booking, if the rental price has increased it makes no difference, if the price was to decrease you would not see a refund from Avis.

I would not bother with Avis I would contact BA that is who you made your booking agreement with and then BA made the agreement with Avis.
One time Avis did not have my car and gave me a lower grade BA got me a full refund.
I am currently struggling to get hold of either Ba or Avis as I don’t get home till after 5 and customer relations are not open at the weekend. I am going to try tomorrow. I’ll update all as it could be something to look out for future bookings.
l33na is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post

Definitely did toll roads. I seems to have been billed a lot so will query that too. Thanks for the link for checking etolls. Going to be calling BA tomorrow but thought I’d double check with Avis what their take on the charges were.
Old 23 Aug 19, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Had this last year, exchange rate had an impact I believe

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 19, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney45
slightly serious Dibber

I had a problem with Avis back in July over charging me and I sorted it all out through messenger on Facebook. They got back to me the next day, Worth a try.
2019 dibb villa @ watersong & Hardrock Hotel
2017 Terra Verde villa & CSR
2016 Sapphire Falls & PORS
2015 All Stars Music
2014 Sol Costa Dorada, Salou
2013 POFQ
Disney45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 19, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
l33na
VIP Dibber

I’ve finally managed to speak to someone at Avis Uk. Two of the charges are as we had driven less than 75 miles. Their belief is if you drive less than 75 miles the fuel gauge doesn’t move so it’s a charge for fuel. Of course I argued this and said I should have been told and shouldn’t have been told there were no charges at return. I luckily took pics of my car which is location stamped with the iPhone at return and it shows a full tank. Sadly I collected it with less than fuel and gave thought why complain over some fuel. I so should have. The third charge was for fuel again but we have sent the receipt in and haven’t heard anything.

I would be very careful as I’ve rented in the same manner I have from Avis every year and never incurred these charges.