Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Tickets
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice
Kenwood Travel
Unread 22 Aug 19, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
SnapperJohn
Imagineer

Hi wdw1991,
Can you explain the process from ordering your tickets from Expedia to getting them linked with your MDE account. Thanks in advance, John
2005 - Villa in Highlands Reserve.
2007 - Personal credit crunch!
2008 - Highlands Reserve - can you see a pattern here?
2009 - Been back to the Highlands - Reserve that is!
2010 - Opps something went wrong here...
2011 - Normal service resumed!

2012 - Our Silver Anniversary trip!
SnapperJohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Off to the Highlands again!
Unread 22 Aug 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw1991
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Onesteve View Post
I still don't have them yet... says ten mins to 24 hours...

Mine came about 3.5hours after! But you still have to call Disney to get them linked
wdw1991 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Then there were three...
Unread 22 Aug 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I bought tickets through expedia a couple of year's ago for our trip last year. I ended following advice on a thread at the time about this and just tracked it down...

"After buying the tickets (6 in my case) I setup everyone on My Disney Experience, but of course the voucher codes Expedia sends through aren't recognised.
I waited 3 days to allow time for Expedia to inform Disney that tickets have been purchased before giving My Disney Experience Technical and Website Support a call on 0800 16 90 749.
They took my MDE email, voucher numbers and Expedia itinerary number and passed the details on to their backoffice team. I was told it could take a few days before I heard anything, but within an hour I'd received an email confirmation, and the tickets were associated in MDE. Good to go!"

If I remember correctly I rang disney about a week after ordering with Expedia. Explained I had purchased a UK ticket via expedia and what numbers I needed from them so I could link on my MDE. They were super helpful, put me through to the right team and they found the numbers for me.

Also, just to add.. if you have old magic bands, if they are still live and active on your account, once your tickets are linked, you don't even need to collect your physical ticket with the voucher... once on mde, just go to the gate on go on through! worked fine

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May 2018!
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time with QSDP, CSR here we come!
Unread 22 Aug 19, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SnapperJohn
Imagineer

THat's the bit I was hoping you'd explain in more detail. I guess the e-tickets you get ordering directly from the UK Disney site come with a code that you can link to your Magic Bands / MDE account. What did you have to explain to Disney when you phoned up to link your Expedia bought tickets? Thanks, John
2005 - Villa in Highlands Reserve.
2007 - Personal credit crunch!
2008 - Highlands Reserve - can you see a pattern here?
2009 - Been back to the Highlands - Reserve that is!
2010 - Opps something went wrong here...
2011 - Normal service resumed!

2012 - Our Silver Anniversary trip!
SnapperJohn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Off to the Highlands again!
Unread 22 Aug 19, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

They are really helpful. I think the key is that they put you through to the right team. Explain that it is about the UK 14 day ticket (assuming that is what you have) and that you purchased from Expedia and that they give you a voucher to redeem for tickets (they will have heard all this before no doubt!). That you wish to link your tickets on MDE but need the right reference numbers to do so.

It does take a bit of time for the Expedia orders to go through into the Disney system and get allocated numbers so don't expect them to have the info the day you ordered your tickets. I had loads of time so left it a week before I rang (I think so anyway!). They put me through to someone who took various bits of info from the voucher that Expedia had sent through to me and tracked down my tickets. They even linked them on my MDE for me as well as giving me the reference I needed.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May 2018!
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
First time with QSDP, CSR here we come!
Unread 22 Aug 19, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
tj+alana
Very Serious Dibber

Does anyone know if parking is included at all parks in the Ultimate Discovery Cove Package,doesn't say anywhere.
tj+alana is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
here we come
Unread 22 Aug 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

sunseeker100's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Hi does anyone know the dates that are included for this offer please? We arrive on 22nd Dec but when I put that date in and enter the code it says its not valid for those dates. I checked a random Nov date and its working fine for that.

My memory escapes me, after 9 previous visits I should know this... but do they even need to be dated? As long as I use a 2019 ticket in 2019 it should be fine shouldnt it? We fly home on 1st Jan so wont be using into 2020 and Im tempted to put in 1st Dec for example and buy those.. but if they then run out on 14th Dec obviously that wont work. Im pretty sure its from first use at a turnstile 🤔
Unread 22 Aug 19, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sunseeker100 View Post
Hi does anyone know the dates that are included for this offer please? We arrive on 22nd Dec but when I put that date in and enter the code it says its not valid for those dates. I checked a random Nov date and its working fine for that.

My memory escapes me, after 9 previous visits I should know this... but do they even need to be dated? As long as I use a 2019 ticket in 2019 it should be fine shouldnt it? We fly home on 1st Jan so wont be using into 2020 and Im tempted to put in 1st Dec for example and buy those.. but if they then run out on 14th Dec obviously that wont work. Im pretty sure its from first use at a turnstile 🤔
Are you trying for Disney tickets? This is just a guess but maybe you need to count back 14 days from the last day of validity, so 31 December. It could be that the system is rejecting anything that would take the tickets into 2020.
CosmicGirl is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Florida Escapes