Go Back   theDIBB > DIBB Community > DIBBing > General Chat
Forgotten Password?
Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 25 Aug 19, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Fed up with people who have dogs off lead and not trained well enough to respond to commands.
If you know who this man is I would report him - could be worse next time.
bonnies mum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 19, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

Mobile

I heard screaming once and rushed over to witness a dog kill another dog and all the time the owner kept saying hes ok , hes harmless . It was awful , the police were called and I have seen the dog since but with a muzzle on which is what that boxer should have had on . I have a small jack Russell cross who is a softy but has been attacked on a couple of occasions (thankfully not too bad) by off lead bigger dogs . My dog is 16 now - can hardly see and he has never gone off lead . I tend to walk where there is hardly any dogs now and I would certainly intervene if a dog tried to attack him again .
Unread 25 Aug 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Universal VR
Imagineer

How awful for you! Im glad Tilly is ok. It makes me so mad when dogs are off lead, especially as the owner seems well aware, in this case, that his dog is aggressive. YOU shouldnt have to pick YOUR dog up because HE cant control HIS! I have a small mixed breed dog who is very excitable but has never shown any aggression. When another dog approaches, she lays down as if shes ready to play. I keep her on lead all the time when we are out as she could jump up at another dog thinking it wanted to play and that worries me.
San Francisco
Universal VR is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Ready for another one,
Unread 25 Aug 19, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber

Canal banks are dangerous places to have big dogs off leads, too narrow, particularly with aggressive dogs.
If the dog injures someone, potentially a ruinous personal injury claim could follow. Also if it attacks someone, arrest and DNA swabs etc could be the result.
I speak from experience, so dog owners be careful where you let your dog tear around.
Hope your Tilly is OK. It's idiotic to have a dog which is a known aggressive dog off a lead on a canal bank. Basically that owner didn't care.

Edited at 12:38 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Beach Club Villas and Bay Lake Tower
Unread 25 Aug 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

We still cant believe it happened to be honest. We are about to go out for the day now but we are considering leaving Tilly at home. Fear of a dog attack has never entered my mind before (maybe thats stupid on my behalf)
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our next WDW trip
Unread 25 Aug 19, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

I read other forums and this seems to be getting worse and worse .
People believing that their dangerous dogs should be able to roam free attacking other dogs , people and without consequences.
I read recently of a family taking their children to a park for a picnic and a dog bounding over and trashing everything and scaring the kids ...the female dog owner said its your fault you shouldnt bring food to a park beggars belief ...Op try and get as much info as you can and report it , next time it could be a child , the boxer owner is a disgrace.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Aug 19, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
Imagineer

Claudette's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I feel so angry and a bit emotional reading that. We live in a village with population 125 and to be honest rarely encounter other dogs on our walks. When we go somewhere a bit busier I am so scared of something like this happening.

I think my smaller pug would be submissive and very frightened but the older / larger one is pretty confident and I think he would attempt (and fail miserably) to stick up for himself. I have read that a pug can over estimate his physical prowess and I can see that in my older one.

If this man knows his dog is not safe around other dogs he should put a muzzle on it and keep better control on it, it should not have been free to come after yours. We took our dogs to the lake district last year and crossed paths with a couple who had two scary looking dogs, when they saw us wandering past with two pugs (one a puppy at the time) the man pinned his dogs up against a wall and tried to block their view of us. He was in control, but I found it scary that this was necessary, so I picked the puppy up and told DH to pick the big lad up.

I don't think I would be able to stop myself from intervening if a dog attacked mine, I would definitely kick it or do whatever else. If the owner dared to complain afterwards, my goodness they would get a piece of my mind.
Claudette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Disney 2019 v 2
Unread 25 Aug 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
SimonB
Imagineer

Mobile

Problem is that reading the OP, the dog was on lead. Our dog was attacked by an on lead dog whilst he was also on a lead.
SimonB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
OKW DDP chompathon and RPR