Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > Car Hire & Transportation
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 25 Aug 19, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
sully301
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sorry when you said you'd upgraded from an intermediate to a full size I just assume you meant car (as in saloon) not SUV. Never rented an SUV but I believe that you can still choose your vehicle but keys are kept in the kiosk.

Hopefully some regular SUV hirer will spot the thread or maybe Andy's on line.

Mick
thanks... thought i was going bonkers
Feb 2003 Animal Kingdom Lodge, April 2003 Villa - Indian Ridge, June 2003 All stars music, Nov 2003 Old Key West Resort, Dec 2003 Coronado Springs & Polynesian, Aug 2007 Pop Century, Aug 2011 Old Key West Resort, Dec 2012 Port Orleans FQ & Bay lake towers,
Sep 2016 All stars sports, Sep 2019 Old Key West Resort, Aug 2020 Coronado Springs.
sully301 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Two Beauties and a Beast
Unread 25 Aug 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sully301 View Post
thanks... thought i was going bonkers
I am pretty sure I have read on here that you have to get keys for the full size SUV from the Alamo Kiosk in the garage
RPR Club Level and POR Split Stay
Unread 25 Aug 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Bro booked their July motor via Andy and recently for their Oct visit and will for next Easter - contact Andy irrespective of his online price, he goes above and beyond to locate a better price if he can, bro said that's standard with him, I get the impression Andy enjoys finding better rates as much as the hirer enjoys receiving them.

If on the fence re a car hire agent, make the most of Andy, he's worth it, bro used to spend time surfing cheap hire, he hasn't done so since I got him to use Andy.

Ironically, as we own a 20 year old Fl Chevy Suburban I only hire one day Budget hires if driving from/to MCO to Bokeelia - I don't waste Andy's time for one day hires.
Unread 25 Aug 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

We've booked with DFCH and done the olci. I thought we still had to print a copy of the rental agreement on arrival at mco alamo desk before heading to the parking garage,is that not correct? We have printout with barcode,so can we just head straight to parking garage?
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Couldn't resist another Vegas trip!
Unread 25 Aug 19, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
We've booked with DFCH and done the olci. I thought we still had to print a copy of the rental agreement on arrival at mco alamo desk before heading to the parking garage,is that not correct? We have printout with barcode,so can we just head straight to parking garage?
The bar code page repeats all the information that was on the Alamo voucher than Andy sent you. You will get the agreement at the barrier as you drive out. No need to go anywhere near the Alamo desk in the terminal.

You can take the voucher print out as well if you like but the bar code is all we ever need. So yes straight to garage A or B.

Mick
Unread 25 Aug 19, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
The bar code page repeats all the information that was on the Alamo voucher than Andy sent you. You will get the agreement at the barrier as you drive out. No need to go anywhere near the Alamo desk in the terminal.

You can take the voucher print out as well if you like but the bar code is all we ever need. So yes straight to garage A or B.

Mick
That's great thanks for confirming that, save us some precious time.
Las Vegas Oct 14/Jul 16/June 17/Sep 18/May 19
USA east-west June 16
The Hulk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Unread 25 Aug 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by The Hulk View Post
That's great thanks for confirming that, save us some precious time.
Hi Hulk, further to Gadgey Mick - if heading north to the 528 (to avoid driving round the airport loop), garage A exits onto the north side of the airport, B if heading south to the 417
Unread 25 Aug 19, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
The Hulk
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hi Hulk, further to Gadgey Mick - if heading north to the 528 (to avoid driving round the airport loop), garage A exits onto the north side of the airport, B if heading south to the 417
Great tip thanks,we've always gone to garage A and via 528 as that's the route the sat nav has taken us. We are staying in lbv, which route/garage would you recommend? Also silly question,we've always just come out at garage A so gone there, how do you get to garage B? 417 looks like a slightly quicker route but we've never gone this way before. Are there tolls?