Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Weddings and Honeymoons
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.
Unread 14 Feb 20, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
jemrock
Earning More Ears

We are getting married at Discovery Cove next year - booked last year - and the price for the wedding was $3194.94 [edited to say this includes tax]. You also need to pay for park tickets separately on top of this.

One thing I would say is that although the setting is beautiful we have found the communication to be very poor - some examples are changing their minds about whether the park was allowing weddings on our initially chosen date, the special occasions team telling us we needed to pay in full before the end of last year to avoid a price increase but their finance department saying that wasn't possible and also the sales rep we were assigned frequently forgetting to send receipts, taking weeks to reply etc. Our last communication with her was that she had somehow accidentally refunded a large chunk of our wedding so we would need to phone and pay again - no apology, explanation or offer to cover the additional fees we would incur.

Hoping it gets better closer to the wedding as we are a long way out. Customer service in person in the park has always been stellar so we have been really surprised by our experience.

Edited at 11:47 AM.
jemrock is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Discovery Cove Wedding!
Unread 17 Feb 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Neilandrewhall
Helping Minnie

Wow that is totally crazy - How does it work with getting married in America and being recongised in the UK?

Originally Posted by jemrock View Post
We are getting married at Discovery Cove next year - booked last year - and the price for the wedding was $3194.94 [edited to say this includes tax]. You also need to pay for park tickets separately on top of this.

One thing I would say is that although the setting is beautiful we have found the communication to be very poor - some examples are changing their minds about whether the park was allowing weddings on our initially chosen date, the special occasions team telling us we needed to pay in full before the end of last year to avoid a price increase but their finance department saying that wasn't possible and also the sales rep we were assigned frequently forgetting to send receipts, taking weeks to reply etc. Our last communication with her was that she had somehow accidentally refunded a large chunk of our wedding so we would need to phone and pay again - no apology, explanation or offer to cover the additional fees we would incur.

Hoping it gets better closer to the wedding as we are a long way out. Customer service in person in the park has always been stellar so we have been really surprised by our experience.
Neilandrewhall is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our Florida date
Unread 17 Feb 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Neilandrewhall View Post
Wow that is totally crazy - How does it work with getting married in America and being recongised in the UK?
Same as getting married at home.
US weddings are legally recognised in the U.K. , just produce your certificate as proof if you are changing your name, need to prove you are married for any legal reasons. Only issue I had was with an exceptionally dozy doctors receptionist who told me as my wedding certificate had my former name on it not my married name it wasnt valid (I pointed out U.K. marriage certificates are exactly the same and simply state Miss X married Mr Z and that taking your husbands name is social convention ... dopey mare )
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Big Birthday Cruise
Florida Escapes