Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 25 May 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
We don’t have a bad word to say about Olivia’s, such a hidden gem and their fried chicken really is fabulous.

We had lunch at Paddlefish a few years ago and it was one of my favourite ever Disney meals, and I think it gets quite a bad rep!

What a shame the chocolate cake didn’t live up to the hype at 50s Prime Time, I feel like desserts aren’t a strong point in the US.
We can't wait to go back to Olivias this year and take my parents

I am trying to decide whether to go to Paddlefish this year and pay oop, decisions decisions!

I was sad about that cake lol
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
I love some freixenet-I may need to pour myself a glass now! Shame the peanut butter cake wasn’t up to much, I’m still thinking about the Baked Alaska from the other night...it looked amazing.
I am currently doing a 6 week diet and exercise programme where you aim to lose 20lbs, so not sure why I am torturing myself with food and drink photos! Ah well, a week today and it's over. Freixenet will be chilling next Saturday lol

The baked Alaska was great, I had had my eye on it for a while
maronnettes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
maronnettes
Trying for More Ears

Day 14 – Aquatica

So today was the day when the tail end of Hurricane Michael was going to hit. It wasn’t due to be bad till late afternoon so we risked Aquatica on the morning. It was sooooooo quiet, obviously most people were more sensible than us! No queues for anything so the kids quickly got on the slides they wanted to. We only stayed for about 2/3 hours and the rain started, so we left.

So for lunch we headed to Golden Corral again. Similar options to our last visit

On the evening I made a last minute reservation for Olivia’s as we had all liked it that much. It had rained a lot during the afternoon nut by the time we got to olivia’s it was nice again so we requested to sit outside this time, which was lovely.

Our waiter Ken was great, he said that we could order starters instead of dessert if we preferred. I knoew not all of the kids would get dessert so I decided to try the potato soup. I asked them to bring this out when they brought the rest of the meal so that everyone wasn’t sat waiting for me to finish my starter. I had this with some of the bread they give you, it was delicous

I decided to try the pork chop as I had loved Wayne’s when I tried his the other day, todays was a bit too charred on the outside but was still nice, I got this with mash and green beans. I think I would probably pick the chicken next time though. I got a cocktail

Wayne got the pork chop again and enjoyed it as did Tom, the pic I’ve took of his is really blurry so I have only included the one pic of Wayne’s

Josh got the fried chicken again with fries instead of mash and no veg

Ben got the steak with fries, he also enjoyed this but obviously didn't live up to his Paddlefish steak!

For got dessert to go, ben got the flourless choc cake again, I got the bread pudding and Tom got the milkshake. They didn’t look great without all the toppings that went with them, so ended up in the bin unfortunately

These are a few snacks we got at the OKW shop, that brownie was delicious even though it is a pre packaged one

Old 25 May 19, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm really cross with myself that we didn't try out olivia's when we were at OKW last summer. Your meals there have looked fab. Nice that you were allowed to sub a starter for the dessert. The soup looked delicious.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Brill dining report! Getting me so excited for our trip 😁
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by maronnettes View Post
I am currently doing a 6 week diet and exercise programme where you aim to lose 20lbs, so not sure why I am torturing myself with food and drink photos! Ah well, a week today and it's over. Freixenet will be chilling next Saturday lol

The baked Alaska was great, I had had my eye on it for a while
I should really be at Elite doing a course! Instead I’m at the caravan eating Banoffe Pie and drinking Freixenet, diet starts again Tuesday😳
Glad you are sharing your food report with us even if it may be a bit torturous for you.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Another good day I’m enjoying your report
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maronnettes View Post
We can't wait to go back to Olivias this year and take my parents

I am trying to decide whether to go to Paddlefish this year and pay oop, decisions decisions!

I was sad about that cake lol
I'd definitely do Paddlefish OOP. It's similar to Boathouse in that the menu has very reasonably priced entrees and then the high end ones so even on the DP I'd be inclined to go OOP.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We love Ken at Olivia’s! He told us he remembered us from the year before, I’m convinced he was just being polite, but he is a fabulous server. I’m now scrutinising my plans for this year to see if I can squeeze it in.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 19, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Caught up now, great report hope you’re enjoying reliving it!
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List