Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 28 Jul 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
#1
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 08
Any gas fitters on here that know about regulations?

We are moving house **yawn*** I know I've told you already!

When we had the kitchen refitted 10 years ago in 2009 we thought we had got all the certificates - FENSA for the new doors, Electric compliance for the new circuits etc, guarantees for worktops and built in appliances. However now the solicitor is asking for one for the boiler that was moved and replaced and I have nothing for this apart from the invoice/receipt for the boiler and fitting.

We have googled it and all we can find is regs for 2010. We have had it serviced every year and have all the paperwork confirming this.

My question is did we need a certificate in 2009 or have regs changed, and if so can we get one retrospectively or will all the service records suffice?

Thanks guys x
__________________

Edited at 10:47 AM.
parisdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
mickey house
VIP Dibber
 
mickey house's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 06
Mobile

I am very sure you required a gas safe/corgi certificate for replacing/moving a boiler in 2009 (99.99% sure).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
parisdisneyfan
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 08
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I am very sure you required a gas safe/corgi certificate for replacing/moving a boiler in 2009 (99.99% sure).
ok thanks, do you think I can get one retrospectively or will the eight years of servicing records count? Unfortunately with all the other things our buyers are squeaking about this could be a pain
__________________
parisdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
mickey house
VIP Dibber
 
mickey house's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 06
I don't believe you will be able to be issued a retrospective gas safe installation certificate for a bolier fitted in 2009, just as I couldn't issue a retrospective electrical certificate for work I haven't done 10 years ago.

I guess you have nothing to lose by furnishing the solicitor with the proof of the last 8 years of bolier servicing and hoping they will accept this. If not ask them what they require, which might be a gas safe engineer conducting a more detailed inspection on the boiler and issuing a certificate and confirming the check has been completed and the boiler is safe and meets the relevant safety requirements (this isn't a retrospective installation certificate as no one can issue that now).

I just checked and noted that gas safe came into force in the UK on the 1/4/09, but prior to that I'm sure that corgi still required certificates to be issued for new installations.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
munmun
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: May 10
We have recently moved and didn’t have the building regs for new boiler fitted 10 years ago, the solicitor accepted copies of the regular services instead.

There should be central register that you can check to see if BR Certificate was issued
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
Blue nose
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Mar 16
Mobile

When we moved house we just had a gas fitter check and certify our boiler as 'gas safe' think it cost about £50.

We were part ex-ing so builders insisted on it. He also checked the cooker and gas fire.
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
parisdisneyfan
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 08
Originally Posted by munmun View Post
We have recently moved and didn’t have the building regs for new boiler fitted 10 years ago, the solicitor accepted copies of the regular services instead.

There should be central register that you can check to see if BR Certificate was issued
Thanks, did that and nothing online for the boiler although the fire one from 2011 is there.
__________________
parisdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 19, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
parisdisneyfan
Thread Starter
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Feb 08
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
I don't believe you will be able to be issued a retrospective gas safe installation certificate for a bolier fitted in 2009, just as I couldn't issue a retrospective electrical certificate for work I haven't done 10 years ago.

I guess you have nothing to lose by furnishing the solicitor with the proof of the last 8 years of bolier servicing and hoping they will accept this. If not ask them what they require, which might be a gas safe engineer conducting a more detailed inspection on the boiler and issuing a certificate and confirming the check has been completed and the boiler is safe and meets the relevant safety requirements (this isn't a retrospective installation certificate as no one can issue that now).

I just checked and noted that gas safe came into force in the UK on the 1/4/09, but prior to that I'm sure that corgi still required certificates to be issued for new installations.
We had it fitted in July 2009, so possibly as it was an oldish chap he wasn't up to date. He has now retired so can't chase him. Hopefully as someone else said the solicitor/buyers will accept the service records.
__________________
parisdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in Walt Disney World
On 27th October 3:18pm
Walt Disney World has announced that their entrance gateways to Walt Disney World are about... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland News
On 21st October 8:51am
Disneyland California is the only major Disney theme park to not reopen after all the... Read More »
Posted in Disney Shopping
On 18th October 9:02am
Disney has reduced the price of its large soft toys by up to 50%. Bargains... Read More »

theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.2775
CaxtonFX  $1.2658
Covent Garden FX  $1.2786
FAIRFX  $1.2790
John Lewis  $1.2827
M&S  $1.2605
Post Office  $1.2505
Sainsburys  $1.2747
TESCO  $1.2778
Travelex  $1.2650
Updated: 20:00 28/10/2020
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.0855
CaxtonFX  €1.0775
Covent Garden FX  €1.0909
FAIRFX  €1.0815
John Lewis  €1.0891
M&S  €1.0704
Post Office  €1.0679
Sainsburys  €1.0833
TESCO  €1.0850
Travelex  €1.0802
Updated: 20:00 28/10/2020

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now