Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Sep 20, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I run in all weathers except torrential rain and icy conditions. At the moment I run in cycle type shorts and a t-shirt, it's getting a bit nippy in the mornings now so in a few weeks I'll switch to a half zip top that I can pull the sleeves up once I get going and that will see me through the winter with longer running leggins once it gets cold.

I add layers if it's freezing, I invested in a Nike running body warmer for super cold days and that's handy as it has pockets so when I wear gloves at the start of a run I can take them off and keep them in the pocket once I get going. I'm another one who runs hot so I'd only wear a baseball cap in the rain apart from that I wear Heggy headbands which are great.

I have just bought a treadmill which I'm planning to use for walking each day and running only when it's icy, snowing or lashing and the way this year is going we'll probably have another ice age this winter

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

I LOVE my treadmill, when I am training for a marathon I will do approx 50-60 miles a week, in winter if its icy I could do a 20 mile run on the treadmill. I Use Zwift for runners its great!
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bobbo's
Very Serious Dibber

I love my treadmill too. I use to run outside - I really only enjoyed running in the rain though.

Now, I run whilst watching a box set, I've caught up on so many series! I run for between 40 and 90 mins a day, rolling out of bed first thing and straight on the treadmill.
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Laughing Minnie
Excited about Disney

I really love running in the winter. I like it when it is so cold, you can see your breathe. I much prefer running in the winter compared to the summer
Laughing Minnie is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 04:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tubbsy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm another outside is better runner. Well, plodder actually.
I go out early (5.30) so I'm lit up like a Christmas tree!
Currently benched with a knee injury so I'm using an exercise bike to try and keep a level of fitness. I pop some good music on and off I go. Not too boring.
But i do prefer the roads.
Tubbsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tubbsy View Post
I'm another outside is better runner. Well, plodder actually.
I go out early (5.30) so I'm lit up like a Christmas tree!
Currently benched with a knee injury so I'm using an exercise bike to try and keep a level of fitness. I pop some good music on and off I go. Not too boring.
But i do prefer the roads.
Me too just back from 6 mile run at 5am, I love the roads nice & flat & today was so calm & warm I just pretended that I was in Orlando with a Dunkin Donut for breakfast afterwards 🍩🇺🇸😉
Wish you better it’s rubbish when you can’t exercise properly 🙁
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Thank you all for responding. We're also hot runners so will try and stick with outside up until it's icy, if it's looking like we're in for a sustained icy winter (because anything is possible in 2020...) then we may rethink, I don't want a fractured hip!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
The strange thing is I don't like really hot weather, and I say that despite 25+ visits to Florida in July and August - give me 20 degrees and a light breeze any day!

Despite that, I do love running when it's sticky hot. When we're staying at the Beach Club, I'll often take my run in the middle of the day when it's in the 100s, depending on our other plans, out to the Studios, around some of the roads with pavements by the Swan/Dolphin and back again.

During the hot spell we had here, I'd go out late-lunchtime/mid-afternoon when the heat was at its peak, and I never take water with me either.

Ask me to do anything else outdoors though and I'll say "It's too hot!"

Part One
Part Two

Edited at 03:35 PM.
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
I started C25K in May and now run 2-3 times a week (currently 5.5k but plan to slowly increase this). I have been thinking about winter as I would be concerned about slipping if it were icy underfoot and think I may have to join a gym on a monthly basis for a few months as we don’t have room for a treadmill. DH just runs outside all year round though unless ver6 snowy.