Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Jan 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Universal Express Pass

I know this has probably been asked a hundred times before but I will ask again
We have booked to stay at sapphire falls August 2018 for 3 nights but now I'm thinking this might not have been a great idea as we don't have the express pass included. Planning on doing 2 days in the parks
To upgrade to Royal Pacific its going to cost an extra £750 but to buy the passes (based on this years prices) it will cost £79 pp pd (total£632)

I've also seen that they are testing virtual line which makes my decision even harder

Need some advice, what would you do?
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

We have visited for the last two years, once at the beginning of August and once near the end. We found the passes very useful for both trips, saving so much time on the queues. Yes, there are some times that the standard queues are not too mad but as a rule we wouldn't go to Universal without the passes (staying on site). Back in August this year and have booked RPR again for two nights.
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by suebo View Post
I know this has probably been asked a hundred times before but I will ask again
We have booked to stay at sapphire falls August 2018 for 3 nights but now I'm thinking this might not have been a great idea as we don't have the express pass included. Planning on doing 2 days in the parks
To upgrade to Royal Pacific its going to cost an extra £750 but to buy the passes (based on this years prices) it will cost £79 pp pd (total£632)

I've also seen that they are testing virtual line which makes my decision even harder

Need some advice, what would you do?
Does it have to be 3 nights? Would go down to 2 if staying with express access since you get 3 days and can whizz round all the rides you want repeatedly... that would save a bit...
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Does it have to be 3 nights? Would go down to 2 if staying with express access since you get 3 days and can whizz round all the rides you want repeatedly... that would save a bit...
Yes we've booked for 3 nights so it gives us time to do the parks a bit more leisurely. Trying to avoid being out in the parks in the August heat in the afternoons as much as we can.
Plus we are staying at timeshares for 2 weeks after so can't change those really.
suebo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by tiger01204 View Post
We have visited for the last two years, once at the beginning of August and once near the end. We found the passes very useful for both trips, saving so much time on the queues. Yes, there are some times that the standard queues are not too mad but as a rule we wouldn't go to Universal without the passes (staying on site). Back in August this year and have booked RPR again for two nights.
Thank you. Just trying to work out if RPR will be worth doing for the extra money. I know we would have 4 days worth of passes but realistically we will only go to the parks the 2 full days we are there and maybe the 3rd morning before checking out.
Old 26 Jan 17, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rawhide
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

weve got 1 night at HRH for the passes, which even with 6 of us in club level rooms is cheaper than just buying the passes. Last time we visited, we found we could get everything done by mid afternoon thanks to early opening and the passes.

Worth remembering that the US schools go back mid-August so the parks may be quieter at the end of the month.
Rawhide is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
suebo
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
weve got 1 night at HRH for the passes, which even with 6 of us in club level rooms is cheaper than just buying the passes. Last time we visited, we found we could get everything done by mid afternoon thanks to early opening and the passes.

Worth remembering that the US schools go back mid-August so the parks may be quieter at the end of the month.
Thank you, we are going 9th-11th August so just before schools go back.