Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jan 17, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

would also add make sure you go into knockturn alley we actually 'missed' it first time round ... :-)
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingroland
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Thanks everyone, seems to be great either way then.

I should probably get watching the movies to get the best out of it!
Kingroland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
starstruck
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kingroland View Post

We just started watching the movies for this very reason a couple of weeks ago (watched the fourth one last Sunday). We are very much a Star Wars family but really enjoying the movies and can't wait to see the real thing as it were.

Jue
x
1995 - Villa;1996 - Days Inn LBV;1997 - Days Inn LBV;1998 - Days Inn LBV;2000 - Days Inn LBV;2002 - Springhill Suites Marriott Village;2004 - Fairfield Inn MV;2006 - Springhill Suites MV;2011 - Cypress Pointe LBV;2012 - Grand Beach LBV;2014 - Cypress Pointe LBV;2017 - POR + DDP & Grand Beach Resort LBV;2023 Rosen Inn LBV; 2024 Rosen Inn LBV
starstruck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BeautyAndTheTwe
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Hi. Never been to universal before. Going end of April, starting to try and plan how to do it.

Staying on site for 4 nights, so have 3 full days planned at the parks if needed. Will have early entry and express pass thing.

Daughter is big potter fan, so just wondering if any suggestions on the best way to see it all?

Is there any reason to choose 1 Park over another first the order of harry potter lands?

Is it a good idea to do them both in the same day or keep them separate?

She will like the interactive wand show (and £50 wand!) so is there a preference on where to go for this?

Are any of the harry potter restaurant worth a visit?

Sorry for the vague questions but I'm not a massive fan so don't know the areas from the movie.

Thank you
I would do hogsmede first as this is the older part of the harry potter worlds (islands of adventure side) i would then tackle the forbidden journey (the main harry potter ride in the islands of adventure side) Next take the hogwarts express over to universal and prepare to be blown away with diagon alley! The gringots bank ride is our favourite out of all the rides in orlando!

We are yet to try any of the restaurants in harry potter world and would love to hear what they are like also.
BeautyAndTheTwe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We only have one night booked at RPR so will make the most of the express passes on those 2 days. If it gets quieter at night we may do HP areas too. If we don't we will have one more day there at least and just concentrate on HP areas only. That way if we spend time queueing it will not be as bad.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Leelsisy
Excited about Disney

We managed to see the first three over the Christmas holidays, but forgot to record the rest. I was surprised how much I loved them and my 8 year old daughter is now convinced she is Hermione Grainger! I want to watch the others before we go in December, but not sure how dark and scary they get towards the end?.
Old 20 Jan 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

DS x 2 very much want the interactive wands. Are they only sold at Ollivander's in Diagon Alley? Or can we get them in Hogsmead as well? I think wand purchasing will dictate where we go first
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
ejmna1
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Hi

You can buy wands at both locations - be warned however that its not easy doing magic and can take a certain amount of practice before Success - particularly for younger wizards!

We did Universal first and then took the train to islands.

Gringotts got super busy early on but we went straight there and were on the ride within 20 mins (end august) its very tempting to get side tracked by the whole place though! by the time we got off the ride the wait was an hour.

In hind site we probably should have done what we do with MK and gone in the night before to lap up/ get over the environment/shops.

If your happy to do single riders then do the forbidden journey that way - the q is always v short and 2 out of 3 times we ended up on the same ride.
ejmna1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post

This is great info. Our girls get giddy with excitement every time they think about this, even though it's months away!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh these are great tips, we're going to Universal for the first time this summer, off to grab a pen to write it all down, thanks guys.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List