Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jan 17, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by ejmna1 View Post
Hi

You can buy wands at both locations - be warned however that its not easy doing magic and can take a certain amount of practice before Success - particularly for younger wizards!

We did Universal first and then took the train to islands.

Gringotts got super busy early on but we went straight there and were on the ride within 20 mins (end august) its very tempting to get side tracked by the whole place though! by the time we got off the ride the wait was an hour.

In hind site we probably should have done what we do with MK and gone in the night before to lap up/ get over the environment/shops.

If your happy to do single riders then do the forbidden journey that way - the q is always v short and 2 out of 3 times we ended up on the same ride.
The bit about the wants being hard to use, at least it'll stop the boys from jumping around shouting, 'Expecto Patronum' like they do with every stick they find.
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

It's easy enough to do both parks in the same day. I personally prefer doing diagon alley early in the morning and getting the hogwarts express over to hogsmeade once the crowds start building up at DA.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Atomic01
Excited about Disney

Atomic01's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If she is a big HP fan, then there is only one way to do it... the same way Harry did it in the books!

Start in Studios. Go round Diagon Alley, go to Gringotts, change some money, and get her wand from Ollivanders, go round the shops, see the shows, have some ice cream at Fortescues.

Then go to Platform 9 3/4 and take the Express to Hogsmeade. Wander up to Hogwarts and go through the castle. See the shows, ride the rides, then finally take the Express back to Kings Cross.

For a real fan, nothing beats doing following Harry, Ron and Hermione's footsteps! I've been there three times now, twice when both parks were open. The thrill of following the storyline never leaves me! I'm going to be there on September 1st and fully intend to ride the Express from Kings Cross at 11am in full robes!

08/2013 - Vista Cay Apartments 08/2015 - Sandy Ridge Private Villa - Wedding trip!
08/2016 - Royal Pacific 08/2017 - Royal Pacific 08/2018 - Royal Pacific

11/2019 - Royal Caribbean/Royal Pacific

Edited at 09:52 PM.
Atomic01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 17, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Kingroland
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Oh no robes. I never thought of that ... If she spots any outfits there that will be more money I'll have to fork out no doubt!
Kingroland is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

There are so many details in the HP areas. Go into Madam Malkins and stand in front of the big mirror. It has some interesting things to say! When in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, remember to look up! If your DD wants a pygmy puff, buy it in there and they will perform a little ceremony (My DD loved that) it was so cute.
Remember to look in all the windows and take in all the details. The Magical Menagerie is a fun one.

We ate breakfast in The Leaky Cauldron. The kids breakfast was nice, my dh had a cooked breakfast which was ok and I had a fruit platter. The food isn't amazing but the attention to detail and the atmosphere is incredible.

Definitely buy ice cream from Florean Fortescue's. Yummy!

Don't rush the HP stuff. A fan could spend all day immersed in those two parts alone.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We went last year did Diagon Alley 1st then over to Hogsmead, then back to Diagon Alley to soak up the atmospher. Best tip is to also go a night its wonderful, my daughter was 16 and we did Harry Potter on 3 different days and nights making lots of memories. We shared a breakfast at the 3 Broomsticks and the Hogshead. Had icecream at Fortescues (recommended) bought another wand (we have 4) had Gilly water (waste of money) and had butter beer and pumpkin pie (1 like 1 dislike). Overall we enjoyed Universal and we had fast passes for the other rides for 2 days we also got to go on Kong for a soft opening one night. I would let your daughter organise the Universal mornings and you the afternoons, keeps everyone happy. Happy holiday planning.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellya
Proud to wear my Ears

We have the early hours admission so with the only rides to go on it makes me think we have to start at IOA so we will do that side for day one... but wanted to ride the train to universal towards the evening when we may be nearly done. Does anyone know what time the last ride over to universal is and if we would be able to get dinner at the three broomsticks or better to go to city walk for dinner?
Thanks
Kellya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post

HP is the main reason we are returning this year! We had two days at Universal and although we rode all of the rides I felt we were too rushed to enjoy the scenery and HP shops etc. We were absolutely blown away by Wizarding World of HP! It's amazing and you will love it!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List