Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jan 17, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Best Parks to do 2 in a day...

We are in Orlando for 10 days (The tenth day will be out of hotel early and fly late so really 9 days) and were looking to do 9 parks (6 Disney, 2 universal and Aquatica)

We'd preferably have liked a down day or 2 as well, so I was wondering which parks it would be easiest to do 2 in one day for.

Theres only 2 of us, both adults no kids, so the likes of Magic Kingdom doesnt have much appeal for us beyond the big attractions (Space and Splash, Pirates, Haunted Mansion) so Im thinking of maybe doing something else on the same day as MK, but unsure of the logistics etc!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hollywood studios and a water park. I'd do blizzard or typhoon in the morning Hollywood studios in the afternoon into evening.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Prob same for animal kingdom and a water park.

Why are you doing aquatica on its own if your haven't bought Seaworld tickets it's expensive for a water park when you already have 2 in the Disney tickets. I'd do 6 Disney parks and 2 universal, cut aquatica
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Prob same for animal kingdom and a water park.

Why are you doing aquatica on its own if your haven't bought Seaworld tickets it's expensive for a water park when you already have 2 in the Disney tickets. I'd do 6 Disney parks and 2 universal, cut aquatica
Typhoon Lagoon is only open the last 2 days we are there, and Ive been to Blizzard Beach before (albeit as a 15 year old!) so we wanted to try Aquatica as neither of us has been. It looks like a good park too, and is handy to get to since we are staying on Int Drive.

The ones you suggest are what we were looking at. AK and HS seem to be the smallest parks but they both have more "draw" attractions for us than Epcot and MK
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
If we were in you situation, I'd probably go for something like this (days in no particular order)...

1) Islands of Adventure / Universal Studios
2) Aquatica / Back to Universal to do any favourites / anything missed
3) All day at Epcot (morning in Future World then a lazy afternoon eating my way around World Showcase)
4) Morning at Blizzard Beach then Animal Kingdom
5) Morning at Hollywood Studios / Back to Epcot for a mop-up & Illuminations
6) Morning at Typhoon Lagoon / evening at Hollywood Studios
7) Lazy morning, then from lunch through to closing at Magic Kingdom
8) Lazy Day
9) Morning at Magic Kingdom / lazy evening (with a chance to return to your favourite)
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Cheers HEMANCLOFTY, looks pretty good to me!

Do you think IOA and US are doable in a day? They are probably the most important parks for us, as they have the bigger thrill rides. Our tickets are the basic 1 day ones so if we were cramming both into a single day we wouldnt be able to go back without paying again
Old 22 Jan 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Given that HS is currently a shell of a park it's easily done in less than a day with FPP. That excludes Fantasmic and the fireworks though of course. AK can be done in totality by mid afternoon if you plan it well too. So time for a waterpark both those days. I don't like Touring like this as I think you miss the detail and storytelling but if you're just going ride to ride it can be done.
Old 23 Jan 17, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by steviebrucie View Post
Cheers HEMANCLOFTY, looks pretty good to me!

Do you think IOA and US are doable in a day? They are probably the most important parks for us, as they have the bigger thrill rides. Our tickets are the basic 1 day ones so if we were cramming both into a single day we wouldnt be able to go back without paying again
Depending on time of year, I'm tempted to say it is doable in one day, especially if you are able to skip some of the rides and/or use express passes.

The problem with the whole one day thing is that you don't really feel as if you can soak up the incredible atmosphere, and you may wish to experience some of the best attractions multiple times. Even though we've been many times we always want to to see and do it all
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HEMANCLOFTY View Post
If we were in you situation, I'd probably go for something like this (days in no particular order)...

1) Islands of Adventure / Universal Studios
2) Aquatica / Back to Universal to do any favourites / anything missed
3) All day at Epcot (morning in Future World then a lazy afternoon eating my way around World Showcase)
4) Morning at Blizzard Beach then Animal Kingdom
5) Morning at Hollywood Studios / Back to Epcot for a mop-up & Illuminations
6) Morning at Typhoon Lagoon / evening at Hollywood Studios
7) Lazy morning, then from lunch through to closing at Magic Kingdom
8) Lazy Day
9) Morning at Magic Kingdom / lazy evening (with a chance to return to your favourite)
This is exactly what I'd do. Maybe not in the same order but these combinations.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I wouldn't do IOA and US in a day with your tickets but they are doable if you are up early enough.

Our first trip we did them both in a day but we had combo tickets. If you can't switch parks I don't think you can go on Hogwarts express but you'll have all the thrill rides.

Instead I'd blast all the Disney parks and then cut your least favourite from having a second visit.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List