Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Jan 17, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillybean08
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile 6 nights at Universal how to spend them?

We are thinking of staying 6 nights at Universal hotels before we go to our disney hotel, (2 nights Cabana and 4 at HRH) we would be checking in on the 25th oct teatime and checking out 31st. I have just about planned my disney stay days thanks to all the great advice on the dibb but wondered how people plan Universal stays. Is it to many nights? We are going to Seaworld on the first full day and myself and my oldest son are hoping to go to HHN one evening. Any more recommendations or shall we do a park a day and then revisit favourites? Any ideas for the evening's? Thank you in advance
Gillybean08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraggle35
Very Serious Dibber

Depending on the ages of the children, how about a session at i fly , the indoor skydiving at the main junction of I D? We managed to buy a groupon voucher last time and my 2 DDs still talk about it, you could walk from C Bay and the sessions take a couple of hours.
Fraggle35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed 5 nights and did Dc. We could of happily stayed more. Good idea to split your stay. Might think about that for next year.
You will have the WP open and the pools show movies each night. The crazy golf meal deal is also meant to be good fun. Have a great time. 😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

We had 5 nights at Cabana in 2015 and will be staying at RPR for 7 nights this summer. We also plan a whole day at SeaWorld and will devote one day to exploring the HP areas in detail. We will take full advantage of our on-site stay by popping back to the resort and having some pool time. It will be nice to visit the parks in the evening too (DD will be 10 this time)
Citywalk has a number of restaurants to try. I think there is a cinema as well. We are hoping to eat at Toothsome and Margaritaville. The I-Drive attractions are not that far. We might visit a mini golf place at some point.

We easily filled 5 nights last time so are looking forward to having longer to explore.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Cannavar
Imagineer

Cannavar's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
The great thing about staying onsite at Universal is that unlike Disney, you dont have to plan it!
Hawaii 12
Southern States Tour 15
Vancouver and Pacific NW 16
Canadian and US Road Trip 18
The short hop over the pond trip report
The Long Trip Down Under trip report

Cannavar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jan 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
16offtodisney!
Apprentice Imagineer

We had five nights at RPR xmas 2015, we loved the stay, it was so relaxing, and so nice to really be able to explore the parks, and have pool time too. We went to the cinema on citywalk one day, but apart from that, we didnt really do anything much. We didnt go offsite at all! One day we had a walk to the hard rock and portifino, which was nice, we also made sure we trued to catch the street performers in the parks, as they were really good. When we go back next december, i am hoping to stay for 7 nights, just cant decide if we should go for RPR again, or maybe try cabana bay? Love the fast passes, but thinking as we would be there a whole week, we may not need them? Decisions decisions:-)
DLP Newport bay Sept 2008,DLP Santa fe April 2010, Emerald Island Easter 2012,Indian Creek May 2014, Rosen inn @Pointe, Royal Pacific, Springhill Suites Christmas 2015,Port Orleans French Quarter October 2017,Cabana Bay, Doubletree @Seaworld, Allstars Movies Christmas 2018
Sarah xx
16offtodisney! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List