Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 18 Jul 17, 02:36 PM  
Link to this Post
captbnut
slightly serious Dibber

Are the Eat to the Beat events ticketed? Just seen Billy Ocean is on when we're there
captbnut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Reading this thread has now got me quite concerned about our planned visit to Epcot on Friday 22 September, we have a 6pm reservation at Garden Grill. I am wondering if I should perhaps change my plans if Epcot is going to be packed out on a Friday night?

Whats your thoughs folks?
Old 18 Jul 17, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Reading this thread has now got me quite concerned about our planned visit to Epcot on Friday 22 September, we have a 6pm reservation at Garden Grill. I am wondering if I should perhaps change my plans if Epcot is going to be packed out on a Friday night?

Whats your thoughs folks?
World showcase will be very busy but if you are not planning on going there after your meal then no reason to change.
vhm672 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jul 17, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by vhm672 View Post
World showcase will be very busy but if you are not planning on going there after your meal then no reason to change.
I agree... perhaps others will have had a different experience but we didn't think f&w really impacted on futureworld. We didn't go on a friday eve though so mot directly comparable
Old 18 Jul 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dibdobber
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

dibdobber's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
afraid i have to agree. Loved first trip (think was a monday) but actively hated weekend trip. IF i were to go again, would go early. By 4pm it was v busy = problem with that of course is that the world bit does not open until 11am.
dibdobber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 17, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by captbnut View Post
Are the Eat to the Beat events ticketed? Just seen Billy Ocean is on when we're there
You can make a special dining reservation to get priority entry. Othewise you need to join the queue early to get in.
Old 19 Jul 17, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

How busy are Sunday evenings?
Old 19 Jul 17, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I enjoy it during the day in the week but weekends (especially evenings) are a big no from me. I'm sure you would notice it less if you were drinking too but I rarely drink on holiday and for me it changes the atmosphere of world showcase completely and not in a good way. I'm anticipating a lot of spare snack credits this year so planning an afternoon of eating round the world - on a week day!

I've never noticed it impacting future world though

kellsbells is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List