Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jul 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
*updated* Gutted in our choice of new sofa

Man, I'm proper annoyed/gutted at our choice of sofa, which unsurprisingly, the title of this thread may give away lol.

We spent a fair while looking at them when choosing, and once we'd decided, had a mammoth 12 week wait with SCS.

Now, there isn't anything wrong with them, I'm just in absolute agony sitting on them 😪

They weren't really cheap, cost us and were from SCS and at the time felt like the right ones when trying them all in store. They felt so comfortable and supportive whilst still feeling 'snuggly'

My concern was that the fibre filled cushions go lumpy so the fact these were foam made it more appealing. It is also not quite as low as some, and rather deep too.

The store one was a scatter back but I've never been a fan of them because of constantly having to move the cushions around. Love how they look when new tho.

Anyway, 12 week wait, new sofas come, and a few months later, I'm in tears because I just can't get comfortable due to my issues with my joints and my back.

No matter what I try, different positions, more cushions, less cushions I just cannot cope with it and we can't afford another new sofa when this one cost us a few hundred quid short of £2k.

I just needed to self indulgently moan about it. Some people might not get it as a sofa is a sofa is a sofa, but when you suffer with your bones, muscles and joints anyway, it just feels like one expensive painful disaster 😪

Edited at 01:07 PM.
welovepedro is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Awww I feel your pain.

Similar has happened with me but I don't have any physical issues. So am stuck with it!

Can you not try to sell it? If it is not old you should get a good lump sum towards a new one? You need to be able to sit comfortably.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

14 day money back guarantee have a look at yoyr contract see if its valod on that purchase
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by darsch1982 View Post
14 day money back guarantee have a look at yoyr contract see if its valod on that purchase
We've had it approx 3 months now. Thought I was just adjusting to it 😕
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
welovepedro
Imagineer

welovepedro's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Goofy71 View Post
Awww I feel your pain.

Similar has happened with me but I don't have any physical issues. So am stuck with it!

Can you not try to sell it? If it is not old you should get a good lump sum towards a new one? You need to be able to sit comfortably.
Did think about selling tbh. Just not sure if people pay worthy 2nd hand fees anymore. Local selling pages seem to want something for nothing.

I don't think there is a fault either, it's just not compatible with me. I fear I may also be stuck with it.. 😭
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
This happened with us. DH was adamant he wanted a corner suite. After 6 months he hated it, so ended up ordering another suite. We were able to order a similar looking suite, with a standard 3 seat sofa, and could use the existing recliner chair, and order another one. Fortunately we've been able to utilise the corner suite in the "man cave" as we wouldn't have got anything for it if we'd sold it.
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Is there any chance it will soften up in time? I'm sure it will, keep your fingers crossed and don't despair just yet.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

I cant sit on my mum's sofa for long because of a back injury I did ice skating ,so I do sympathise with you . To me , I would have to buy another one or failing that a separate armchair just for me ! Thankfully my mum is getting a new one soon but we have noticed there are not that many places to buy from now.
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Our new sofas from dfs were a lot firmer than the show model when they arrived. They're foam seat pads with fibre filled back cushions (not the scatter style). 6 months on and the foam cushions have definitely softened and are more similar to the shop one now. There's one seat that doesn't get sat in as much which still feels firmer, so it could just be a case of them needing some time to bed in. I hope so as it's so depressing when expensive purchases don't live up to expectations.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019

Edited at 04:47 PM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

Would it be worth getting a good upholsterer to change the fillings of just the cushions you sit on?
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List