Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 22 Jan 15, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I looked at VH and for us intermediate SUV £385, standard SUV £417
Alamo Brits intermediate £416, but standard £404.
As we like the second driver option, booked the standard SUV with Alamo Brits, must be a glitch or a system quirk as it was cheaper than the intermediate?
Old 22 Jan 15, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
RachF
Apprentice Imagineer

We've also just managed to get standard SUV cheaper for September, £330 for 13 days as opposed to £340 for the intermediate. Maybe they aren't as popular? Snapped their hand off though as with the second driver free it was cheaper than Virgin and the others, and we can do the Savetime!
Old 22 Jan 15, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by HenrysDad View Post
I looked at VH and for us intermediate SUV £385, standard SUV £417
Alamo Brits intermediate £416, but standard £404.
As we like the second driver option, booked the standard SUV with Alamo Brits, must be a glitch or a system quirk as it was cheaper than the intermediate?
This is what I found too. However, the 7 seat cars (Dodge Caravan, etc.) were only a few pounds more expensive so I went with this option instead.

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DJBenz
Apprentice Imagineer

DJBenz's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
It's a bit confusing between the standard and intermediate SUVs; Alamo suggests the luggage capacity of an intermediate is two large cases and one medium. For standard it suggests two medium and two small cases. If you compare the two cars (Santa FE Vs. RAV 4) here: thecarconnection/car-...yota_rav4_2014

There's not much difference in the cargo space. For us we take two large and two medium cases, so it'd be a squeeze either way, but probably a tighter squeeze in the standard.

Assuming you get either a Santa Fe or a RAV 4 of course, it might be an entirely different vehicle.
DJBenz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DJBenz View Post
It's a bit confusing between the standard and intermediate SUVs; Alamo suggests the luggage capacity of an intermediate is two large cases and one medium. For standard it suggests two medium and two small cases. If you compare the two cars (Santa FE Vs. RAV 4) here: thecarconnection/car-...yota_rav4_2014

There's not much difference in the cargo space. For us we take two large and two medium cases, so it'd be a squeeze either way, but probably a tighter squeeze in the standard.

Assuming you get either a Santa Fe or a RAV 4 of course, it might be an entirely different vehicle.
See Sticky at the top for all car classes I would compare Santa Fe and Tucson. The Santa fe seems much larger in the flesh.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PAUL7331
Excited about Disney

£315 for an intermediate SUV and about £345 for a standard SUV for 2-weeks in may.
So there's not much difference between the two?
Only me, wife and daughter going but I prefer the SUV's as I like to be 'higher' up!

Should I book with virgin at these prices or wait to see if Alamo brits can beat?
PAUL7331 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 15, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PAUL7331 View Post
£315 for an intermediate SUV and about £345 for a standard SUV for 2-weeks in may.
So there's not much difference between the two?
Only me, wife and daughter going but I prefer the SUV's as I like to be 'higher' up!

Should I book with virgin at these prices or wait to see if Alamo brits can beat?
I think thats a good price I can't get that deal with Virgin it's coming out at £100 more than with Alamo Brits. If you can get that price i would go for it. I can't see it coming down much more than that.

Edited at 09:32 AM.
Old 25 Jan 15, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
martin18
Earning My Ears

Don't know where you are getting these prices from, but I'm getting £723 for an SUV through Alamo in July for 14 days !
martin18 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 15, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PAUL7331
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by juneandpeter View Post
I think thats a good price I can't get that deal with Virgin it's coming out at £100 more than with Alamo Brits. If you can get that price i would go for it. I can't see it coming down much more than that.
Ive bit the bullet and gone for that now. Intermediate SUV for 2-weeks, fully inclusive, £315 for 14-days in may.

You watch Alamo brits go and drop their prices now!
PAUL7331 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 15, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PAUL7331 View Post
Ive bit the bullet and gone for that now. Intermediate SUV for 2-weeks, fully inclusive, £315 for 14-days in may.

You watch Alamo brits go and drop their prices now!
I don't think thats a bad price Who did you book with?
And your going at the best time too
Closed Thread