Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jan 15, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
kidsx2
slightly serious Dibber

Which car? advice please

We are going to Disney the last week in July and the first 2 weeks in August (23rd July-13th August), we are staying in a villa in Kissimmee and are wanting to pick the hire car up from the airport. Can anyone recommend which type of car would be most suitable for us? We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children) so it will have to be big enough to fit us all and 4 suitcases and 4 hand luggage. We will be travelling to Disney/Universal/Seaworld etc so would like one that doesnt guzzle fuel but is a nice solid car
Also can someone tell me what kind of price would be a good price for the 3 weeks?
Thanks guys

Edited at 02:59 PM.
kidsx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 15, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Normally I would advise an SUV but the prices have shot up. I have just booked a Full Size Saloon from Alamo/Brits £411 for three weeks. You pick from a row of cars so you can go with the best one for your needs. Currently the biggest trunk is on the Chevrolet Impala.
Old 26 Jan 15, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by kidsx2 View Post
We are going to Disney the last week in July and the first 2 weeks in August, we are staying in a villa in Kissimmee and are wanting to pick the hire car up from the airport. Can anyone recommend which type of car would be most suitable for us? We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children) so it will have to be big enough to fit us all and 4 suitcases and 4 hand luggage. We will be travelling to Disney/Universal/Seaworld etc so would like one that doesnt guzzle fuel but is a nice solid car
Also can someone tell me what kind of price would be a good price for the 3 weeks?
Thanks guys
I would still say any SUV great for the kids to see out.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 15, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post

We are going to Disney the last week in July and the first 2 weeks in August, we are staying in a villa in Kissimmee and are wanting to pick the hire car up from the airport. Can anyone recommend which type of car would be most suitable for us? We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children) so it will have to be big enough to fit us all and 4 suitcases and 4 hand luggage. We will be travelling to Disney/Universal/Seaworld etc so would like one that doesnt guzzle fuel but is a nice solid car
Thanks guys
If you post your date someone will look around for you.
Old 26 Jan 15, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
kidsx2
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by juneandpeter View Post
If you post your date someone will look around for you.
Sorry, I did mean to we go 23rd July - 13th August. I will amend my original post. Thankyou
kidsx2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 15, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Two logical choices;
INT SUV
Full size Saloon.
Both are more than capable for your group SUV as more popular a bit more cash full size a little less.
You can move up or down groups down side squashed on run from airport and back but cost less ( moving down)
Nice big SUV or lux Saloon will be far better to drive have more toys and space costs more. (moving up)
I usually move up groups to what I am happy to pay but I am a petrolhead and not a practical person.
So choice is yours as always so stick to my advice Int SUV or fullsize.
And not what I would pick a LUX version of both.
NB. At a couple of bucks a gallon don't worry about gas/petrol cost in grand scheme is peanuts.
Old 26 Jan 15, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
kidsx2
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Two logical choices;
INT SUV
Full size Saloon.
Both are more than capable for your group SUV as more popular a bit more cash full size a little less.
You can move up or down groups down side squashed on run from airport and back but cost less ( moving down)
Nice big SUV or lux Saloon will be far better to drive have more toys and space costs more. (moving up)
I usually move up groups to what I am happy to pay but I am a petrolhead and not a practical person.
So choice is yours as always so stick to my advice Int SUV or fullsize.
And not what I would pick a LUX version of both.
NB. At a couple of bucks a gallon don't worry about gas/petrol cost in grand scheme is peanuts.
Great, thankyou
Old 26 Jan 15, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kidsx2
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Greyfriars View Post
Normally I would advise an SUV but the prices have shot up. I have just booked a Full Size Saloon from Alamo/Brits £411 for three weeks. You pick from a row of cars so you can go with the best one for your needs. Currently the biggest trunk is on the Chevrolet Impala.
Thankyou will the prices come down again do you think before July or will they just continue to go up?
Old 26 Jan 15, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

$V£ me thinks prices will not change a lot.
Cheap prices gained a few months ago are gone but those who buy/reserve early either bask in glory or repent for a while.
someone who did
Old 26 Jan 15, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post

We are going to Disney the last week in July and the first 2 weeks in August (23rd July-13th August), we are staying in a villa in Kissimmee and are wanting to pick the hire car up from the airport. Can anyone recommend which type of car would be most suitable for us? We are a family of 4 (2 adults, 2 children) so it will have to be big enough to fit us all and 4 suitcases and 4 hand luggage. We will be travelling to Disney/Universal/Seaworld etc so would like one that doesnt guzzle fuel but is a nice solid car
Thanks guys
Alamo Brits have a full size car Ford Fusion ( the new mondeo out this year in the UK) for £400 for your dates you can pick any car in that row.
Closed Thread