Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Jan 15, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

Help with car hire SIXT

HI

We are trying to arrange car hire for 7 of us 5 adults, one 14 year old, height of adult and one 10 year old who is also tall and height of 13 year old.
I have looked around and found SIXT to be the cheapest giving me a Nissan NV3500 12 seater for $1340 for 3 weeks in july/august.

However the more and more I ask questions the more doubtful I am , I have been addressed twice by the same incorrect surname ( this is all after confirmation completed and pay on arrival )
The latest thing I have heard is that we now have to leave a deposit of 3 x the rental price , so thats $4000 ! has anyone ever been asked for that amount before.

We are flying in and out of Miami so the car is from SIXT in Miami Airport, it is fully insured and additional driver in the $1340, just the deposit is now making me weary , plus we have 1.5 hours from landing to get the car, I am not sure if this is long enough, and worrying incase I change the time with them now that they will cancel and re do the booking which will make the price alot higher as it has increased.

I am shopping around elsewhere but everywhere else is around $500 dearer for us for 3 weeks.
Thanks
x
steruth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 15, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

Bump can anyone help please
x
steruth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 15, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

If you have any doubts look else where. You want to be confident with you booking.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 15, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

If you post your dates someone will look for a deal why are you being quoted in Dollars.
Old 29 Jan 15, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

I went direct to Sixt.com website, the car is alot dearer now on there , I have tried other websites seemed to be dearer, but not sure if anyone knows anything different to me.,

We are party of 7, but will need larger size as all have a full suitcase plus handluggage each.
Flying into Miami International 26th July on the 28th July travelling down to Orlando and staying there until 16th August. Need car hire for 21 days.

Thanks for answering for me.
xx
Old 29 Jan 15, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

Personally I would hire a 7/8 seater plus a small car for the airport days. it would also allow you to split up occasionally.
Old 29 Jan 15, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by steruth View Post
HI

We are trying to arrange car hire for 7 of us 5 adults, one 14 year old, height of adult and one 10 year old who is also tall and height of 13 year old.
I have looked around and found SIXT to be the cheapest giving me a Nissan NV3500 12 seater for $1340 for 3 weeks in july/august.

However the more and more I ask questions the more doubtful I am , I have been addressed twice by the same incorrect surname ( this is all after confirmation completed and pay on arrival )
The latest thing I have heard is that we now have to leave a deposit of 3 x the rental price , so thats $4000 ! has anyone ever been asked for that amount before.

We are flying in and out of Miami so the car is from SIXT in Miami Airport, it is fully insured and additional driver in the $1340, just the deposit is now making me weary , plus we have 1.5 hours from landing to get the car, I am not sure if this is long enough, and worrying incase I change the time with them now that they will cancel and re do the booking which will make the price alot higher as it has increased.

I am shopping around elsewhere but everywhere else is around $500 dearer for us for 3 weeks.
Thanks
x
Uscarhire have a 7seater with Alamo out of Miami for £588 for your dates. Luggage will be tight but can be done. We have done it in the passed.
Old 29 Jan 15, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by steruth View Post
HI

Thanks
x
Sixt is a great company, even though they are fairly new on the US market (but over 100 years in Germany). You don't have to worry about renting from them. The deposit can be done by credit card, if one in your company has a Amex, use that. Normally high or no credit limit, so you don't have to use your spending money.

Personally, I would go for two separate cars, but that is your choice.

One thing, however: i doubt you will make your pick up time. MIA immigrations is a nightmare. It is more likely it will be 2.5 hours.
Old 30 Jan 15, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

Thanks for the very helpful advice this is great.
we would not be able to use 2 cars really as there would be no time we would split up as my parents and family friend make up the 7 and they cannot drive over there so one car it is .
Immigration and clearance sounds a little daunting 2.5 hours :-(
I think I will change the time we will arrive and hope they dont charge me.

It is just the deposit of $4000 dollars that is worrying me it does seem a lot and I dont have a credit limit that high to cover it , are they likely to take that amount off a card for car hire
xx
Old 30 Jan 15, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by juneandpeter View Post
Uscarhire have a 7seater with Alamo out of Miami for £588 for your dates. Luggage will be tight but can be done. We have done it in the passed.
Hi I would prefer a 7 seater to be honest, do you think we could honestly all fit in with 7 large cases and hand luggage and my son is same height as me so count as 6 adults and one teenager height child ?

Thanks for all your help , I wouldnt want to be stuck, but if people have done this before I would be happy to do this, any advice please
Thanks

x
Closed Thread