Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jan 15, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
nw79
Gone all Goofy

Virgin Car Hire good deal or not

Virgin are quoting me 2 weeks car hire for £320 For a Toyota RAV4 intermediate SUV 5 door fully comp insurance is this a good price its my first time and I have no idea help would be appreciated
nw79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 15, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

That is a good price. Alamo/Brits is quoting £363 for the same but with an extra driver. . Virgin may be offering a free extra driver.

Virgin use Alamo so you will get to chose from a row of SUV's. When we went last year there were no Intermediate SUV's we were upgraded to a full size.

Edited at 11:02 AM.
Greyfriars is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 15, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
nw79
Gone all Goofy

Thanks for the info as you have been before would you know what Savetime is and are you able to do it through Virgin I believe its a quicker way to pick up your car does it cost extra and how does it work
Sorry for all the questions
nw79 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 15, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
As you are booking with Virgin you do a type of save time but it's through the dedicated Virgin/Alamo site, the link is on your Virgin confirmation e mail. This link allows you to pre enter all your details and credit card being used. It also gives you the option to put your frequent flyer number and get flying miles!
Once you have completed the check in procedure print off the barcode and rental agreement.That means you go straight to the garage at Orlando, bypass all the desks and select any car from the row your car class is in.
Brilliant system and no hard sell agents
Any problems in the garage Alamo have agents who help you. Advice only no selling!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 15, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Greyfriars
Imagineer

You can do save time and miss out the hire desk so no high pressure upgrade. I believe with Virgin you can also do online check in which is the same thing.
You may find that thge paperwork you are emailed says go to the desk IGNORE IT!

Once you have the paperwork check there is a barcode on the top. This is all you need.
Old 29 Jan 15, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bairn
Serious Dibber

It's decent on this years prices, which seem to be a touch higher than what I have paid previously, so I would recommend taking it.

Also, go with what Greyfriars is suggesting as well.
East coast USA since '92 - Rosen Centre, Wyndham, Marriott World Center, Championsgate Villas, Peabody/Hyatt, Hyatt Grand Cypress, Yacht Club, Beach Club, WDW Dolphin, Animal Kingdom, Gran Destino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, Sapphire Falls, Key West, Hollywood Beach, Miami, St Petes, Sandpearl, AMI x24, Caribbean cruises, Smokey Mountains, Nashville.
The Bairn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jan 15, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Price looks fine or very good depending on dates you wont be overpaying at that price.Enjoy
Old 29 Jan 15, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
nw79
Gone all Goofy

thanks everyone that puts my mind at rest
Old 31 Jan 15, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Sweetie Babes
VIP Dibber

Sweetie Babes's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 32

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
That does sound a very good price. Are you absolutely sure it included 2 weeks' fully comp insurance? They are notorious for giving you a price for 1 week instead of for your total holiday. I personally haven't found a single trip where Virgin came out cheaper for car hire.

If it is the car and fully comp for the entire duration of your stay then, yes, fantastic price and well done!
Nov03: 14nts Travelodge/ Feb05: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Aug06: 10nts HI Sunspree/ Apr08: 10nts villa White Oak Circle/ Feb11: 14nts condo Sweetwater Circle/ Feb12: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb13: 10nts condo Sweetwater/ Feb14: 7nts CBR/ Mar15: 14nts AoA/ Nov15: 7nts OKW(DVC)/ Aug16: 2nts BLT/ 6nts AKL/ Sep17: 8nts OKW/3nts BLT/ Sep18: 1nt GFV/9nts OKW/ Feb19: 5nts POR/3nts GFV/ Feb20: 8nts AKL/ Apr22: 3nts OKW/8nts GFV / May23: 9nts BLT / Apr24: 14nts villa Seasons Blvd
Sweetie Babes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 15, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Tink75
Imagineer

It seems a good price. Virgin have had some cracking offers this January including free additional driver - if you need one, it's a good perk. I booked a week ago with them and the nearest, best quote was £128 more!
Tink75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread