Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Mar 16, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
HobosMum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
Sounds good, glad she's still enjoying it. Was watching Cheltenham today and there was an article on Victoria Pendleton, can't believe she's riding in the fox hunters tomorrow and she's only recently been riding racehorses!
My daughters best friend is riding in the Foxhunters at Cheltenham today against Victoria Pendleton. She's riding her own horse Richmond and has worked hard for this for a long time training him whilst also doing a full time job on a racing yard. If any of you are watching give Lucy a cheer.

Happiness is being with my horse
HobosMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Originally Posted by HobosMum View Post
My daughters best friend is riding in the Foxhunters at Cheltenham today against Victoria Pendleton. She's riding her own horse Richmond and has worked hard for this for a long time training him whilst also doing a full time job on a racing yard. If any of you are watching give Lucy a cheer.
I shall ask my hubby to put a small each way bet on Richmond to show support!
I won't watch it as I don't like it, but will hope that everyone, 2 legged or 4 legged arrives at the finish line safely.
Old 18 Mar 16, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
HobosMum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bats View Post
I shall ask my hubby to put a small each way bet on Richmond to show support!
I won't watch it as I don't like it, but will hope that everyone, 2 legged or 4 legged arrives at the finish line safely.
Aww thank you, we've put a fiver on her to beat Victoria Pendleton

Happiness is being with my horse
HobosMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

LRMD Victoria Pendleton is a promotion from Betfair who are paying her and obv trainers to give her rides, I hope she gets round safe although having watched her I doubt it,been extremely lucky up to now not to have got injured or even someone else,and she fell of last week at a pt to pt going round a bend. I doubt unlike the richmonds jockey she is not up at 5:30 mucking out and grooming horses and worked hard for where she has got to fulfill her dream and I hope she and horse get round safely. I know a lot as I am sure you have read exp jockeys who have big concerns over this reckless promotion from Betfair and really surprised at some of the respected trainers involved in this ,but money talks irrelevant of the persons safety
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Mobile

Brilliant news, congratulations to her and good luck I'm sure she will be amazing!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Just caught up with this, she isn't far from us at all. To be honest I don't follow racing and didn't even realise there was a yard in Carluke. Plenty horses round about there but wasn't aware of the racehorses.
Glad she is still enjoying it and progressing.
Funnily enough my friends son is now down south in a big yard and thoroughly enjoying looking after some very nice horses.
Old 18 Mar 16, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HobosMum View Post
I saw she finished 16th, well done to her! What an experience.
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by rpbert1 View Post
LRMD Victoria Pendleton is a promotion from Betfair who are paying her and obv trainers to give her rides, I hope she gets round safe although having watched her I doubt it,been extremely lucky up to now not to have got injured or even someone else,and she fell of last week at a pt to pt going round a bend. I doubt unlike the richmonds jockey she is not up at 5:30 mucking out and grooming horses and worked hard for where she has got to fulfill her dream and I hope she and horse get round safely. I know a lot as I am sure you have read exp jockeys who have big concerns over this reckless promotion from Betfair and really surprised at some of the respected trainers involved in this ,but money talks irrelevant of the persons safety
Fifth place wasn't too bad! I get what you're saying but it's all good promotion for the sport, encouraging people to get into racing, might inspire some youngsters by going to the racing school :-)
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 16, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
Fifth place wasn't too bad! I get what you're saying but it's all good promotion for the sport, encouraging people to get into racing, might inspire some youngsters by going to the racing school :-)
it might, and she went really well today, and glad she did get round, hate to see them falling, as its pot luck when they come off. bit closer up the back straight you never know. as for promotion for the sport, I am not so sure, but it had lots talking about it.
Old 18 Mar 16, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Just caught up with this, she isn't far from us at all. To be honest I don't follow racing and didn't even realise there was a yard in Carluke. Plenty horses round about there but wasn't aware of the racehorses.
Glad she is still enjoying it and progressing.
Funnily enough my friends son is now down south in a big yard and thoroughly enjoying looking after some very nice horses.
this is quite a big yard in Carluke, they have about 100 horses there, so kept busy. and this trainer will get better