Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 30 May 16, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dthazy
Earning More Ears

Mobile 4 day over 3 day DCL, is it worth it?

Hi, I've booked a 3 day DCL cruise round the Bahamas in Aug 2017, but been reading that the 4 day is better due to to the fact that it's not rushed and can have more time to do all the activities on the Dream.
Priced a 4 night cruise but is coming out £1000 more, about £3500. Is it worth the extra? Thanks
Old 30 May 16, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyGoLucky
Imagineer

Mobile

I would do the 7 night - it's still not enough 😂
Old 30 May 16, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
scrappykaren
slightly serious Dibber

We had this dilemma when we booked for sailing last month but in the end chose a 3 night cruise, simply because of the cost. It was costing enough anyway, I just couldn't justify the extra expense! Yes, the 3 nights were a little rushed but we didn't feel we missed out on anything and thoroughly enjoyed the cruise.
Old 30 May 16, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
I'm not sure I would do it, your doing the same itinerary with your extra day being at sea.

I've done the 3 nights on the Dream and it does go in fast but still amazing. We did a 5 night round the Bahamas on the Wonder 2 years ago and that was spot on for length of time and we got 2 days at Castaway Cay which was amazing and also did Key West. It was a one off though, which is a pity as I would definitely do that one again. x
Old 30 May 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Helenr
Imagineer

Helenr's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've done a 3 night in the past, and booked another 3 night for Aug 17.

Then i thought about how quickly the 3 nights went by (bearing in mind you don't board until afternoon and disembark early morning), and rebooked for a 4 night one 😀

'99, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08 x2, '09 x2,
'10 x2, '11, '12 x2, '13, '14, '15 x2, ‘16, ‘17, ‘18, ‘19 x2
Helenr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 16, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

An extra £1k is a lot for one extra night We only paid £800 in total for our four night cruise (2 adults, inside cabin).

Are there quite a few of you travelling, and are you in an expensive cabin? Would you consider a cheaper cabin to get the extra night? Our first cruise we had a balcony and didn't really use it, so we've just gone for inside cabins since.
Old 30 May 16, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
dthazy
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Hi, there's 2 adults and 2 children. We have booked a family ocean view room for the 3 nights. There doesn't seem much difference between an inside stateroom to an ocean view room for the 4 nights so approx £1000 more whatever the room. I would love to do the 4 night cruise however it's also extra for tips, more spends for alcoholic drinks etc so just need to know what we'll miss doing the 3 night compared to the 4 night cruise? Thanks
Old 31 May 16, 05:11 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

I agree that £1k is a lot for one extra night.

Having said that, we've done both 3 and 4 night disney cruises, and we always tell everyone that whilst a three night seemed really short, we felt our four night ones felt like a week - so if you're anything like us, it won't feel like an extra day but an extra 4! I can see as I write this it makes no sense, but that's honestly how we feel!
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

We don't mind a three night and I don't think I would pay an extra £1000 for one more night

If you don't get off at Nassau then the three night is fine. We did everything we wanted too on our first cruise.

We have another 3 night booked for next July as it fits our itinerary better.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 16, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

We went for a four night because I didn't want to feel rushed. This will probably be the only time we get to cruise so wanted the extra day on the ship to really enjoy it.

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread