Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 26 Jun 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Millie2017
Dancing with Tink'

Parks, esp Queues, with Anxiety!

Is there anybody out there that can advise how to go about tackling theme parks with anxiety. I tend to suffer from anxiety, mainly in queues, and start panicking about how I can make a quick exit if I need to. I've been to Florida many times but my anxiety has only just started to flare up again and whilst I'm so excited to go, i'm a bit worried about how I'll be affected.

Thank you!
Old 26 Jun 19, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I suffer from anxiety, which varies from mild to severe depending on what’s going on in my life. Interestingly, I didn’t suffer anxiety at all for any part of my 3 week trip the last time we went. Trust me, this is a rarity for me. Usually, it’s always there, even if only mild. I think I was so engrossed in everything that I didn’t have time to be anxious. Hopefully, you will find the same thing.
My son suffers anxiety with flying and we play the 5 things you can see, 4 things you can hear, 3 things you can touch, 2 you can smell and one you can taste. This really helps him.
Good luck. Suffering with anxiety is rubbish.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scojos
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

You could use a GAC?
I also have anxiety and panic attacks.
In the parks the 1st aid centres are amazing for down time i have lay down for 10mins and had some water many times.
Staff are used to sensory overload...
I have meds from my gp too
scojos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

I get anxious in crowds, I try to keep calm by looking at the details in the surroundings nearby .. like the names on the windows in Main St, counting the colours of the flower tubs and baskets, watching for Mickey and Minnie Ears on guests around me. I don’t take medication but if it gets too much we find a quiet spot and just people watch for a while and enjoy a cold beverage and take a rest stop. Yep I’m OCD and some things drive me nuts if they aren’t right but I can cope to a degree. I’m actually worse at work than on vacation. If all else fails I may have to take some Bach’s Rescue Remedy lozenges. They do help me along with a calming scent from home. It’s why I tend to do laundry with Lavender fabric conditioner before I pack the suitcases for our trip.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List