Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 5 Feb 20, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
gk172
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

2 weeks to pull this together... help please :0)

Hi there im used to Orlando and can plan and book for that no bother but this will be my first time going to Paris (16th Feb) and please i need help, ive looked at transfers as were staying in the hotel Dream Opera and the cheapest option for the 2 of us is hiring a wee car is there anything i need to look out for in the booking process as i know options for Florida just not France lol.

We get into Paris on the Sunday evening and have Monday Tuesday and we fly back on the Wednesday checking in by 7pm. Monday and Tuesday should be easy enough Disney is a must on Monday, Tuesday will be Eiffel Tower and Paris sight seeing but Wednesday... hotel check out at 12pm I would love another day at Disney but can they store a suitcase? Or would i need to get the hotel to store it as they have that option but means we would need to come back to the hotel before the airport, what can my best option be?

Tickets Disney as before no brainer but one day or 2 day or 2 one days as last time i checked 2 single days were cheaper! The Eiffel tower is that best to book before hand or on the day? Its just hubby and i going on our own so not a big crowd but would like to book whats needed to book beforehand

If youve read all the way down Thank you and hopefully you can throw some ideas or suggestions to help. I do know its not a patch on Florida but its still on my hitlist and will be happy to skip identical rides that orlando already have which would hopefully save some time too

Jun/July 2010 Orlando Star Villa

Jun/July 2007,2008,2009 - Welcome Aboard Villa
gk172 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post

I am not familiar with that hotel, but a quick google seems to suggest it is in central Paris. If this is the case I would strongly advise against hiring a car. It would be the equivalent of having a car in central London.

Does your hotel have parking? How much will that cost? FYI the car parking at Disneyland is €30 per day, whilst it might seem cheaper to hire a car on face value you might find the overall costs (and significant traffic issues) do not make it worthwhile.

Where do you land into? CDG? If so you can book a transfer with a company such as RS Transport or take the RER regional train into Paris from there, or failing that take an Uber direct to the hotel.

Disneyland is easily reached by train from Paris which stops right outside the parks (you need the RER A train to Marne-la-Vallee Chessy).

Disney tickets wise book whichever works out cheapest, if you do book 2 lots of 1 days tickets make sure they are hoppers. You don't just want a whole day in the Studios - there just isn't enough to do at the moment to fill a full day.

You can store bags at the park - it is to the right of the main entrance to the Disneyland Park and is around €10.

I believe it is half term week when you go, so be prepared for higher crowds - definitely make use of fastpass (its the paper version at DLP).

Eiffel Tower gets very busy and it is recommended you pre-book, there can be hour long queues for tickets if you haven't prebooked.

Hope that helps.

ps - DLP isn't the same scale as WDW in size, but it is still a magical place and a fantastic resort! Don't miss the unique rides such as Space Mountain, Crush Coaster, Ratatouille - also Mickey and the Magician show is brilliant!

Edited at 03:50 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
gk172

Thank you soo much yes we are in central Paris hubby thought I maybe didn’t want to Disney I will hold off booking car then as when I had a quick look the hotel was sending me to a car park which was a lot pricier that what I thought, I originally was only going to do one day but I think maybe best option is 2 days with Disney and take our suitcase cause I imagine Disney to Charles de Gaulle would be an easier route than going back to the hotel, I have read a few people nearly missing flights with a pick up company so though car but if we do the studio park and Disney village that would fill till about 6pm and an hour to get to airport that could work will get on and book our Eiffel Tower tickets then before we go.

Thanks so much for your input I was all for booking car but won’t now x

gk172 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 20, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post

No problem - glad it helped.

If you want to go from Disney to CDG you can get the TGV train that takes 10 minutes.

It is best to book this in advance and you will book a specific train. Will give you longer in the parks on that last day and get you to the airport much quicker.
Old 6 Feb 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
gk172

It really is helping thank you do i book the tgv here or over there? it really looks the quickest option and gives me my second day at disney

Old 6 Feb 20, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gk172 View Post
It really is helping thank you do i book the tgv here or over there? it really looks the quickest option and gives me my second day at disney
They work like our trains in that the earlier you book the cheaper you get the tickets. You can book online using the link below. A quick look seems to suggest there is a train at 17.50 which is currently €35 for 2:

en.oui.sncf/en/train-ticket
Old 9 Feb 20, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

You’ve got great advice from Stubbs, but I just wanted to agree that DLP could well be a pleasant surprise. Admittedly, it’s a long time since I went to WDW, and I am looking forward to Florida this summer, but my heart really has been stolen by DLP. We’ve had such magical holidays there, and my memories are a million times better than anything I remember from WDW. Disneyland Park is beautiful, and while Studios is smaller, we love Ratatouille and the Mickey and the Magician and car stunt show there. We’ve had amazing pixie dust from cast members too, so that our holidays have always been way over my expectations. Enjoy!
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gk172

Just catching up :0)

Huge thank you Stubbs86 for all your help and recomendations it made our trip fantastic and really helped especially booking the oui line, we booked the private transfer to the hotel that evening and then walked to Aubert station in the morning which was 10 mins from our hotel it really couldn't have been easier, had to laugh at hubby though all holiday he was saying no way would the transfer from DLP to CDG take 10 mins as advertised well ok it didnt it took 9 mins mega easy and quick, the worst part was the maze getting down to the oui train X

Old 26 Feb 20, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by gk172 View Post
Huge thank you Stubbs86 for all your help and recomendations it made our trip fantastic and really helped especially booking the oui line, we booked the private transfer to the hotel that evening and then walked to Aubert station in the morning which was 10 mins from our hotel it really couldn't have been easier, had to laugh at hubby though all holiday he was saying no way would the transfer from DLP to CDG take 10 mins as advertised well ok it didnt it took 9 mins mega easy and quick, the worst part was the maze getting down to the oui train X
Ah that’s great! Pleased you had a good time