Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Mar 20, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway Invites Guests into a Cartoon Adventure at Disney World

Stu is currently out in Florida representing theDIBB and will be attending the grand opening of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.

It’s a world premiere nearly a century in the making!

When Mickey Mouse burst upon the silver screen in 1928 as the star of “Steamboat Willie,” he changed the world of entertainment forever. With his childlike innocence, impish sense of humor and plucky attitude, Mickey is adored the world over and has become a cultural icon synonymous with Disney.

Through all of his many adventures, though, there’s one thing Mickey has never done: starred in his own ride-through attraction in a Disney theme park. That is about to change on March 4, 2020, with the debut of Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida.

In this bold and innovative new family adventure, guests go through the movie screen inside the park’s re-creation of the Chinese Theatre and into the whimsical world of Disney Television Animation’s Emmy Award-winning “Mickey Mouse” cartoon shorts. There they discover why “mouse rules apply” and anything can – and does – happen! With an original “Mickey Mouse” story by Walt Disney Imagineering featuring the new song “Nothing Can Stop Us Now,” Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway is a celebration of Disney heritage and a showcase for state-of- the-art storytelling and attraction design.

It’s a charming experience for the entire family – from grandparents to grandchildren and everyone in between – full of surprises and pure, joyous fun befitting those true originals, Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse.

Classic Disney Storytelling, Driven by State-of-the-Art Design

Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway blends classic Disney attraction design with cutting-edge technology to turn a two-dimensional cartoon world into a rich, vibrant environment. The attraction features a combination of physical sets, Audio-Animatronics figures, animated media and projection-mapping techniques, all syncing in time with trackless vehicles and a jaunty musical score.
  • The attraction experience is an all-encompassing environment full of rich and varied storytelling. Guests have the freedom to look in all directions and may see different details depending on which vehicle they ride in – and where they’re sitting within each vehicle.
  • Several scenes make transformations right before guests’ eyes by combining theatrical effects in ways never seen before on a Disney attraction.
  • Projections are used across multi-plane scenic flats and dimensional sets to provide depth of field while still maintaining a cartoon aesthetic.
  • Disney Imagineers experimented with new printing and painting techniques in ultraviolet light – mixing them with scenic elements and projections – to create an environment evoking the vibrant, hyper-reality of a “Mickey Mouse” cartoon.
  • Trackless vehicles that carry guests through Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway are anthropomorphic; they become their own characters in the story, each reacting differently to the action as it unfolds around them with their own specific animation programming. In one scene, they scurry away in fear from a volcano, while in another they dance in formation to music.
  • Audio-Animatronics figures appear throughout the attraction, giving guests up-close encounters with beloved Disney characters.

SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I’m still mourning the demise of the Great Movie Ride.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
That's looks a lovely ride. I wonder what the height restriction is as there were hardly any children in the video, certainly no small ones.
Old 3 Mar 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Shopperholic
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by Disney_time View Post
That's looks a lovely ride. I wonder what the height restriction is as there were hardly any children in the video, certainly no small ones.
I would imagine that's because it is only open as a media event, opening tomorrow to the public.

No height restrictions on this ride.
Shopperholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

This looks super cute, really looking forward to it!
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gemini157
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I loved Movie Ride, but this looks lovely too.
Sadly as we are going over the Easter holidays and booking FPs at 30 days, we will have no chance of riding it.
Gemini157 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

I was lucky enough to bag a FP for this on our April, Really excited to see this new ride.
Old 3 Mar 20, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

This look Amazing.
Old 3 Mar 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I loved the Great Movie Ride but this looks really good.
Got a FP for it for May when I was booking ours today.

Choice of Star Wars or this, went for this.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DadToThree
VIP Dibber

This looks like a really lovely family ride. Cleverly done and nothing like I imagined it'd be. For some reason I thought it was a family coaster, not sure why with the space its in, but there you go!
DadToThree is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List