Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 11 Jul 17, 06:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mike4scuba
Imagineer

mike4scuba's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Car hire under £300 with alamo

Found this link to be fairly good prices at autoeurope
autoeurope/car.cfm
At Alamo brits it's well over £600 here it's under £300 for an intermediate sept 2017

I wonder if certain holiday companies block book hire cars which then pushes the prices up on the car hire companies main websites in the same way tour operators block book seats on flights

Why else would the price be double. surely they wouldnt think customers would not try comparison websites

Edited at 07:04 AM.
mike4scuba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Prices vary so much , we have an economy car for under £500 for 4 weeks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Susanjane
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mike4scuba View Post
Found this link to be fairly good prices at autoeurope
autoeurope/car.cfm
At Alamo brits it's well over £600 here it's under £300 for an intermediate sept 2017

I wonder if certain holiday companies block book hire cars which then pushes the prices up on the car hire companies main websites in the same way tour operators block book seats on flights

Why else would the price be double. surely they wouldnt think customers would not try comparison websites

I was just coming on to say the same thing. Got an email from them this morning and when I checked it was £412 for an intermediate SUV, for 3 weeks in September 2017, with Alamo. Cheapest I've seen since last year. You don't get a free 2nd driver but other than that would highly recommend them.

Just checked on Alamo brits and the same thing is still £614, £200 difference

Susan
Orlando 1997, Necker Island 1997, Orlando 2002 & 2004, Fort Lauderdale 2006, Fort Lauderdale and Orlando 2007, Orlando 2009, California and San Francisco 2012, Orlando 2013, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale 2015, New York 2016, Orlando 2016, Orlando 2017, Orlando and New York 2018, Orlando 2018 (again), Orlando 2019 x 2

Edited at 08:37 AM.
Susanjane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

We are looking for 9 days hire next May. There are 6 of us and have been looking for a 7 seater plus. Prices have been very high when I've looked up until now. I've just checked via the link you've posted and I can get the following.

Grand caravan - £422
Chevy Tahoe - £618
Toyota Sienna - £952

It states Alamo Gold with up to 3 additional drivers and free tank of fuel, zero excess with extended cover. Does this sound ok? I usually book either with Alamo Brits or Andy at discount Florida car hire. Any help much appreciated.
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
CinemaMan
Apprentice Imagineer

Try Skyscanner just managed to get a full size car for first two weeks of November for £278, last week when i booked it was £348 so refunded and re-booked, this was through opodo/rentalcars.com and use alamo as car supplier.
Old 11 Jul 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by CinemaMan View Post
Try Skyscanner just managed to get a full size car for first two weeks of November for £278, last week when i booked it was £348 so refunded and re-booked, this was through opodo/rentalcars.com and use alamo as car supplier.
Are you certain this includes all Insurances? Reason I ask is I have done a dummy booking and I can see that you can add CDW but cannot find SLI.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Diane1971
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by EllieP View Post
We are looking for 9 days hire next May. There are 6 of us and have been looking for a 7 seater plus. Prices have been very high when I've looked up until now. I've just checked via the link you've posted and I can get the following.

Grand caravan - £422
Chevy Tahoe - £618
Toyota Sienna - £952

It states Alamo Gold with up to 3 additional drivers and free tank of fuel, zero excess with extended cover. Does this sound ok? I usually book either with Alamo Brits or Andy at discount Florida car hire. Any help much appreciated.
I booked this as part of my overall package so can't comment on the price - but there were 6 of us and we needed the Toyota Sienna to fit us plus luggage in. Obviously this wasn't applicable to all journeys, but it was nice the rest of the time to have plenty of space (especially when you're so hot after busy days!) We were able to sit 2 front 2 mid & 2 back.
Old 11 Jul 17, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

I keeping checking these threads but as yet nothing close to this for April into may next year.

Got 7 seater with Alamo for may past for 17 nights through netflights for £460. Best for 19 nights for April-may next year is Alamo brits at £640.

Thinking about an SUV now as it's £525.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes I keep checking too. We are 6 so would be fine with a 7 or 8 seater. They seem ridiculously expensive for next year!
EllieP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List