Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Aug 17, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Counts Kustoms

Anyone been for the tour ?

Was planning on going but it's looks difficult to get to. Might just get a taxi from circus circus unless there is a better option

Also in the process of booking into counts tattoos to get some work done at his shop in the rio
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I've been many times it's not a tour as such . You don't get to see any of the areas where the work is done you just get to wander around the showroom
Where his personal collection of cars are .

Usually there is someone from the show around , we've seen Horny Mike , Roli , Kevin , Ryan and the count once very briefly .

It's on highland drive which is sort of the back of Circus Circus but it's not a area I'd want to walk around
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
carolynne67
Apprentice Imagineer

We tried to go there last year. Found it easy enough, but got told to come back in an hour as they were filming, so we went and found his bar/diner, went back later and they were still filming so never got to go in as it was our last day. Going to try again this year.
Went to Welderup Garage and that was free and saw a lot of cars etc they have done on the show.
Carolynne
Old 21 Aug 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Been several times as well.

As mentioned, they are pretty closed shop as to the cars that they ware working on. To the point of covering them when moving them between buildings so you don't see any of that.

There is one area you get to go in which has a number of cars from Danny's personal collection (and some others) and then a small shop at the end.

Worth doing, but don't expect to see areas the are working in. Within a 5 minute drive (taxi) radius you also have Rick's Restorations, Welderup, Pawn Stars. Uber would probably be the easiest way to get to them without a car.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
The two most open shops are Ricks and Welder Up. Ricks does a tour where you can see into the work shops.. I'm sure its $5 each or free if you buy a shirt or something. They also do a paid tour of the boneyard, I'm not sure how much it costs as we didn't have to pay but it was fun to do. Rick etc are also super friendly and happy to stop and talk.

Pawn Stars imo is a waste of time.. Its more a glorified souvenir shop these days
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 17, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post

So a taxi/über is the way to get there.

No issue getting a taxi there but will there be any available when I get out ?
Old 21 Aug 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Grovesy View Post
So a taxi/über is the way to get there.

No issue getting a taxi there but will there be any available when I get out ?
Yes , there are always taxi's around there as its so popular and if not you could always call for a Uber.
Old 22 Aug 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Cheers again people

My plan was to do circus circus and then counts. But because of my previous post about circus circus I don't think I will bother with it.

Any suggestions for something to do up that area ?

I don't fancy any of the the other tours of Tv shows
Old 22 Aug 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Originally Posted by Grovesy View Post
Cheers again people

My plan was to do circus circus and then counts. But because of my previous post about circus circus I don't think I will bother with it.

Any suggestions for something to do up that area ?

I don't fancy any of the the other tours of Tv shows
There isn't really anything else in the area .

Counts is in a industrial estate and all that's around there are more industrial estates and run down strip clubs nowhere you would want to go .

At best you'll likely only need a hour at Counts so I'd just get a cab there and back .

I assume your a big Count fan , his bar Vamp'd is supposed to be good and do decent food , apparently his band play there Tuesday evenings .
Old 22 Aug 17, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Yeah love the show.

Currently in the process of getting booked in his tattoo shop at the Rio